Trump erroneously says 1918 Spanish Flu 'probably ended' WWII, which happened two decades later

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was but third person tulc still wants to talk, so I will as well!
Except you seem to only want to talk about anything but the OP. (including apparently my screen name and how I close my posts)

I told the tulc that I agreed with the OP
Good to know, I'm at something of a loss though, as to what there is left to discuss then.

but he wishes to continue a conversation.
I wasn't aware we were having a conversation, I thought a conversation was two people discussing something, where as what we've had was nolidad posts: "The OP is about one thing but I want to to talk about something totally not the OP!!" and me pointing out "If you want to talk about something else you should start another thread to talk about that there." That's not a conversation, that's you being corrected.

So I am up for it!
Obviously not because you still want to make the subject of the thread about something else.
tulc(is glad to clear up nolidad's confusion about the difference between "a conversation" and "having to be corrected")

Last edited:
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
OK. I thought he wanted to limit discussion to the OP.

Actuall other than commenting on the OP and why one disagrees withthe attitude it was written in- there is no comment toi be had.

I told him yep Trump said that . That would end any conversation on the OP.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Except you seem to only want to talk about anything but the OP. (including apparently my screen name and how I close my posts)

well already agreed with yo uthat Trump said that . YOu seem to want to keep talking- so I will find stuff here to chit chat about. Jus' sayin'.

I wasn't aware we were having a conversation, I thought a conversation was two people discussing something, where as what we've had was nolidad posts: "The OP is about one thing but I want to to talk about something totally not the OP!!" and me pointing out "If you want to talk about something else you should start another thread to talk about that there." That's not a conversation, that's you being corrected.

Happens all the time here.. they are known as rabbit trails. If you don't want them. Make an announcelnet on your OP otherwise, be prepared for them!

Obviously not because you still want to make the subject of the thread about something else.
tulc(is glad to clear up nolidad's confusion about the difference between "a conversation" and "having to be corrected")

Well tell tulc- this right here is a conversation (digitally)

con·ver·sa·tion
/ˌkänvərˈsāSH(ə)n/
Learn to pronounce

noun
  1. a talk, especially an informal one, between two or more people, in which news and ideas are exchanged.
This is just in case tulc is not sure what a conversation is!

Upvote 0

Toot La-Rue

When it rains, it - well, rains...
Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump: 1918 Spanish Flu 'probably ended' WWII, which happened two decades apart
So...the President Said this today:

tulc(heard the 1917 pandemic may have closed all the airports during the American Revolution as well)
Oh NO!!!! This is SERIOUS!!!! Oh my gosh.... I'm going to have to switch parties now!

(Toot loves faux precedents for implying the unsaid. The president said nothing about airports and the American Revolution. But nice try. You guys are really reaching.).

Upvote 0

Toot La-Rue

When it rains, it - well, rains...
Apr 23, 2010
You are where you are
✟7,388.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd say someone who's been involved in politics since the 70's who has only 5 pants on fire as opposed to someone who has been politically active for far less time and has managed to rack up 132, should be considered a lot more trustworthy.
tulc(just a thought)
Loving the "pants on fire" references to "facts" in total question.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
(snip)
(Toot loves faux precedents for implying the unsaid. The president said nothing about airports and the American Revolution. But nice try. You guys are really reaching.).
President Trump Said Revolutionary War Troops 'Took Over the Airports' in Fourth of July Speech
President Trump made a bit of a historical blunder during his Fourth of July “Salute to America” speech Thursday when he said that the Continental Army “took over the airports” from the British during the American Revolutionary War in the 1770s.
tulc(glad to clear that up)

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh NO!!!! This is SERIOUS!!!! Oh my gosh.... I'm going to have to switch parties now!

You need to check your facts.

Upvote 0