• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Trump Economy adds 266,000 jobs in November

Discussion in 'American Politics' started by hislegacy, Dec 6, 2019.

1. hislegacy

hislegacy Respect to those who we lost

+10,226
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    86,000 over estimates.

The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that 266,000 new positions were added to the economy last month, far above economists' forecasts of a 180,000 gain. The unemployment rate slipped back down to 3.5%, the lowest since 1969.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. civilwarbuff

civilwarbuff Well-Known Member Supporter

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    The unemployment rate has not exceeded 4% this year. Wonder where they are going to find the people to fill all those jobs? Wonder if Obama ever had to wrestle with a problem like this?

3. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+23,217
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Not saying this is bad, it’s obviously good but there’s usually a spike in jobs at this time of year due to places hiring for seasonal work during the holidays.

4. hislegacy

+10,226
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Yup and the jobs numbers Are 86,000 over the anticipated.

5. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    doesn't appear to be when compared to last year. These numbers are seasonally adjusted to account for that.....
    U.S. unemployment rate: adjusted, October 2019 | Statista

6. Ken Rank

Ken Rank Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,468
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Still waiting for the recession all the media pundits claimed was coming back in the summer! :)

7. Halbhh

Halbhh Everything You say is Life to me Supporter

+7,674
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The "economy" is 130 million people working.

The president is a small effect on the margin. Like a captain of a huge boat who only has a tiny rudder that can barely turn the boat, slowly, and if no big wind is blowing against the boat, and if the other bigger rudders are happening to point mostly in the same direction as he/she tries to turn the boat.....

That type of captain can turn the boat only if they are lucky, and it's mostly not them that decides how the boat is going, most of the time.

If an iceberg is seen just ahead, it's usually too late to turn, and the captain can't do much. If that happens.

But, so far this current boat captain hasn't really harmed or wrecked the boat.

8. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    If one of the far left WH contenders get elected I suspect their desire will come true very quickly......just not under the circumstance they want.

9. Halbhh

+7,674
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Some might argue though that the gigantic deficit spending during a time of a strong economy is a classic mistake.

Like steaming ahead full speed at night in waters that could possibly have icebergs.

He might get lucky, and it not matter. Lucky so far, some would say.

I think though the main luck for these gigantic deficits is the huge desire of Chinese families to save up money, due partly to the one-child policy creating a bulge of old people with few children coming in decades very soon, causing a big need for savings.

So many people trying to save up savings means they buy our Treasury bonds at good prices for us....

In other words, the protection against these huge deficits Trump is steering us in...that protection isn't forever.

10. Halbhh

+7,674
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    You might like find my post just above, #9, of interest, by what you said the other day.

11. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Yeah, too bad Obama ignored such advice....I mean doubling the national debt in just 8 years...WOW....that is gonna be a hard record for anyone to beat.....And he even did that without a tax cut......spend baby spend......

12. JosephZ

JosephZ Well-Known Member

+1,021
    Philippines
    Non-Denom
    Private
    US-Others
    45-50,000 of those job gains are from General Motors workers coming back after their strike. Also as another poster pointed out, many of those job gains are just temporary jobs for the holiday season. There are also thousands of people being hired for the 2020 census that will temporary.

The quality of the jobs is also important: The Frightening Rise In Low-Quality, Low-Paying Jobs: Is This Really A Strong Job Market?

And let's not forget the deficit in fiscal year 2019 was nearly a trillion dollars, the highest in 7 years.

So far the Trump administration has been able to ride on the coattails of the Obama administration's success, unfortunately this will eventually come to an end and we will start to reap the effects of Trump's trade wars, bad economic/foreign policies, and other poor decisions.

13. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    No, he had to wrestle with a once-in-a-lifetime recession that kicked off right before he took office.

It's kind of amazing how inaccurate that post is. Like... You have to try to be that wrong. It takes effort. For one thing, he did cut taxes:
    Barack Obama said he's cut taxes for 'middle-class families, small businesses'

And not only is Obama's deficit not going to be a "hard record to beat", Trump is already on track to increase the debt at a rate (in dollar amounts) at least as fast - and he doesn't have a gigantic recession eating into his revenues:

https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-08/51118-2019-08-budgetprojections_3.xlsx
    https://www.cbo.gov/system/files/2019-05/51134-2019-05-historicalbudgetdata.xlsx

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  14. Halbhh

+7,674
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    If you credit that to "Obama", then you...credit the current newly increased bigger deficits to Trump?

I'm sincerely asking you.

[​IMG]

Is that right? You credit the recent huge new deficit increase to Trump, since you credited the previous deficits to Obama?

Here's another source, showing how deficit increases normally happen because of recessions:

[​IMG]

15. hislegacy

+10,226
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Every time I hear this, I laugh and am amazed people still believe this Democratic byline.

Mr. Obama must be one amazing President! Everything that went wrong for the first seven years was Bush's fault, now everything that is going right is because of his actions being reversed or deregulated. Remember him asking about Trump's magic wand?

Thank you for the chuckle

16. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    The worst recovery EVER from a recession and Trump wants to ride those coattails.....How hillarous is that.....?
    Report: Worst economic recovery since 1930s, salaries fall $17,000 short
    The Worst Economic Recovery in History

17. hislegacy

+10,226
    United States
    Charismatic
    Married
    US-Others
    Who knew? All you had to do is reverse the majority of Obama's regulations and business plans, reverse the taxes Obama approved for business and viola - jobs came back, the economy came back.

18. civilwarbuff

+6,511
    Christian
    Single
    US-Constitution
    Yep, he is the boss. He gets the credit and the blame, goes with the job. But remember Trumps deficits included a 'YUGE' tax cut returning money to the people and businesses that get taxed so that money doesn't just disappear....Obama just simply spent his way into deficits. Big difference.....

19. iluvatar5150

iluvatar5150 Well-Known Member

+19,743
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    This post might even be more wrong than the last one. It's kind of staggering, really.

Where do you think money goes when the government spends it? Do you think it just vanishes?

20. Halbhh

+7,674
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Actually in reality those giant 2009-2011 deficits were in a not small, but a significant portion, from tax cuts! Both more spending and tax cuts. Together.

Like now. Like 2019.

We could find out the precise ratio for you if it is of interest. (is it?) (I like tax cuts as a stimulus; as you can see above though, I don't think we need a big stimulus during a strong economy, and I think we will pay in part for these new bigger deficits, these news ones today in 2019, later in time)