Trump donating $100K of salary to National Park Service to 'repair and restore' national monuments

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article.
I promised YOU I would not take a dime of salary as your President. I donate the entire $400,000!' Trump tweeted

President Trump announced Friday he is donating his $100,000 quarterly presidential salary to the National Park Service to “repair and restore” national monuments.

“I promised YOU I would not take a dime of salary as your President. I donate the entire $400,000!” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It is my honor to give $100,000 to @NatlParkService to help repair and restore our GREAT National Monuments. So important to our American History! Thank You!!”

For the last two quarters, the president, who is paid $400,000 annually, donated his salary to coronavirus relief.

Continued below.
Trump donating $100K of salary to National Park Service to 'repair and restore' national monuments

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump botches a boast about giving away his presidential salary
Thirty-first president Herbert Hoover was the first American executive in chief to refuse a salary. Hoover was a multimillionaire before assuming office from a previous career as an engineer and businessman and donated his paycheck to charitable causes.

Similarly, John F. Kennedy was born into wealth and prestige. When Kennedy took the oath of office in 1961, he was the richest man in history to do so. The Kennedy family fortune was valued at $1 billion, and allocated a $10 million trust fund to JFK.

Kennedy refused both his congressional salary from the House and Senate and his presidential salary, though he kept his $50,000 expense account for “public entertaining he must do as President.”
tulc(hopes that helps)

• Informative
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0