✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
You can't make this stuff up...

Trump on Coronavirus: "I'm Not Sure Anybody Even Knows What It Is"; "You Can Call It A Germ, You Can Call It A Flu"

The other thing that's nice and the one thing that has come out, and I learned this, again, it was reaffirmed by President Xi last night in my conversation, the young people are really, this is an incredible phenomenon, but they are attacked, successfully attacked to a much lesser extent by this pandemic, by this disease. This whatever they want to call it. You call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You know, you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is, but the children do very well. (my emphasis)​

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why is it so important to say almost every time that "you are living in the greatest country in the world". The more he says it, the more he devaluates it.

If Americans realize that many countries in the world are better in this or that than the USA, then... what exactly should happen?

• Agree
Reactions: TassiaNico
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Trump on Coronavirus: "I'm Not Sure Anybody Even Knows What It Is"; "You Can Call It A Germ, You Can Call It A Flu"

The other thing that's nice and the one thing that has come out, and I learned this, again, it was reaffirmed by President Xi last night in my conversation, the young people are really, this is an incredible phenomenon, but they are attacked, successfully attacked to a much lesser extent by this pandemic, by this disease. This whatever they want to call it. You call it a germ, you can call it a flu, you can call it a virus. You know, you can call it many different names. I'm not sure anybody even knows what it is, but the children do very well. (my emphasis)​
You have to admire his sincere honesty and humility in admitting he doesn't know if anybody knows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

variant

Happy Cat
Jun 14, 2005
✟295,051.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You have to admire his sincere honesty and humility in admitting he doesn't know if anybody knows.
Honesty and humility ^_^

March 7th:

TRUMP: I like this stuff. I really get it… every one of these doctors said, ‘how do you know so much about this?’ Maybe I have a natural ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Why is it so important to say almost every time that "you are living in the greatest country in the world". The more he says it, the more he devaluates it.

His base are the people who watch Armageddon and Indepence Day with goose bumps on their arms so they will never get how repeating the obvious truth of US superiority might in any way or form be a relative function instead of absolute one.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟240,799.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private

I don't know why these incidents surprise me, after so many of them. I guess I just find it near impossible to accept that the President of the United States of America could actually be so clueless, or that his "minders" could allow the clue-lessness to be exhibited so routinely.

Each time I read one of these, my opinion and estimation of Richard Nixon goes up. It has now reached the level of warm affection for a cheeky rapscallion.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If Americans realize that many countries in the world are better in this or that than the USA, then... what exactly should happen?
You don't seem to realize that we move and inspire those other countries to try and do better and be better people. So let us all not be jealous which is a form of racism. Remember that God put us here, it says so in our pledge of allegiance, and God only knows what this world would look like without us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Mr Trump really is unfit to be making decisions about the pandemic based on these childlike musing.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
You don't seem to realize that we move and inspire those other countries to try and do better and be better people. So let us all not be jealous which is a form pf racism. Remember that God put us here, it says so in our pledge of allegiance, and God only knows what this world would look like without us.
I do not see any point in still repeated self adoration. Its also very naive to think you are greatest in everything.

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I don't care to judge others.

You just said, "You don't seem to realize that we move and inspire those other countries to try and do better and be better people."

Which countries do think the USA is "moving" and "inspiring" exactly?

Upvote 0

pitabread

Jan 29, 2017
Frozen North
✟336,823.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
I do not see any point in still repeated self adoration. Its also very naive to think you are greatest in everything.

As a non-American, American nationalism just comes across as insecurity most of the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

It's really Trump who is pushing this right now ...

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do not see any point in still repeated self adoration.
Did you not hear? We don't do so out of some worthless self adoration, we do it to make other countries do better and be better people.

Its also very naive to think you are greatest in
everything.
Actually we're sick of the false humility. The rest of the world must do better and be better people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
As a non-American, American nationalism just comes across as insecurity most of the time.
Seems so. The more fearful and uncertain they are, the more they must use auto suggestion that they are best.

Upvote 0

solid_core

Oct 13, 2019
Vienna
✟50,919.00
Country
Austria
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Did you not hear? We don't do so out of some worthless self adoration, we do it to make other countries do better and be better people.
How does an untrue saying that you are greatest make other people be better people? How do you think the mechanism you propose works, exactly?

• Agree
Reactions: TassiaNico
Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How does an untrue saying that you are greatest make other people be better people? How do you think the mechanism you propose works, exactly?
Well I didn't say that. I appreciate your concession that you can't understand something, but it won't help when you base conclusions on things that are made up. I never said it was untrue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0