Trump doesn’t think you need thousands of ventilators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
POTUS said:
"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have 2 ventilators."

When do we reach the point where people have had enough of this insanity?

Aaron Rupar on Twitter

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
  • Agree
Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

trunks2k

Contributor
Jan 26, 2004
✟270,241.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators. You know, you go to major hospitals, sometimes they have 2 ventilators."

Yeah. That's the problem. There's not many ventilators to begin with, because we normally don't need that many at once. But now we do.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Our nation has just under 13,000 ventilators in reserve according to the New York Times. That's it...

Right now New York is experiencing no shortage of ventilators, and while this doesn't mean at some point they may actually need more, New York is asking for 15,000 right now. More than all the ventilators in this nations emergency stockpile.

There are hospitals in this country that only have a couple, that if hit with an outbreak will absolutely need some from that stockpile...

Trump has to weigh between what New York needs, what it may need later and what the rest of the nation may later need..

Allowing New York to hoard ventilators like it was toilet paper isn't a reasonable ask.

If there was a current shortage in New York the ask would be reasonable, but there's not.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Our nation has just under 13,000 ventilators in reserve according to the New York Times. That's it...

Right now New York is experiencing no shortage of ventilators, and while this doesn't mean at some point they may actually need more, New York is asking for 15,000 right now. More than all the ventilators in this nations emergency stockpile.

There are hospitals in this country that only have a couple, that if hit with an outbreak will absolutely need some from that stockpile...

Trump has to weigh between what New York needs, what it may need later and what the rest of the nation may later need..

Allowing New York to hoard ventilators like it was toilet paper isn't a reasonable ask.

If there was a current shortage in New York the ask would be reasonable, but there's not.

New York is the epicenter of the US outbreak. Right now the virus is spread like crazy there and massive numbers of people are being effected. That's where those ventilators are needed right now, its not them hoarding, its them saying they need them immediately to save American lives. Other places will certainly need huge numbers of them in the future, but that (hopefully) gives you some lead time to quickly produce more stock given that you have a world class manufacturing base to draw upon. Also if the NY outbreak is contained, a lot of those ventilators could be moved once the worst has passed there.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
New York is the epicenter of the US outbreak. Right now the virus is spread like crazy there and massive numbers of people are being effected. That's where those ventilators are needed right now, its not them hoarding, its them saying they need them immediately to save American lives. Other places will certainly need huge numbers of them in the future, but that (hopefully) gives you some lead time to quickly produce more stock given that you have a world class manufacturing base to draw upon. Also if the NY outbreak is contained, a lot of those ventilators could be moved once the worst has passed there.

Understandably that right now New York has a lot of cases. But it's not currently experiencing a shortage.

Trump is giving them more ventilators as well as a hospital ship and doing his best to work with New York in making sure their needs are being fulfilled.

But sitting around complaining about not being allowed to hoard everything this nation even has right now is a worthless complaint that rings fairly hollow... there are other parts of this country too.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Understandably that right now New York has a lot of cases. But it's not currently experiencing a shortage.

Trump is giving them more ventilators as well as a hospital ship and doing his best to work with New York in making sure their needs are being fulfilled.

But sitting around complaining about not being allowed to hoard everything this nation even has right now is a worthless complaint that rings fairly hollow... there are other parts of this country too.

You keep talking about hoarding, and that's a complete misrepresentation of the situation. They're not preparing for an emergency, they're IN an emergency right now.

As of Thursday afternoon, health officials have confirmed at least:
On Thursday, Dr. Peter Shearer, the chief medical officer at Mount Sinai in Brooklyn, spoke with New York, describing the intensity of the crisis his hospital is dealing with: “I’ve been through the blackout. I’ve been through Sandy. I’ve been through the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. And this is different. 9/11 was a horrendous thing, but there was no impact like this on hospitals. Sandy, some hospitals were completely devastated, and it was horrendous and awful, but the weather got better. And you could start cleaning up. But this is just getting worse. I have never been in a war. It feels like a war.”

Coronavirus in New York: Latest Updates

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You keep talking about hoarding, and that's a complete misrepresentation of the situation. They're not preparing for an emergency, they're IN an emergency right now.

As of Thursday afternoon, health officials have confirmed at least:

Coronavirus in New York: Latest Updates

And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China again?

Louisiana ranked 3rd highest in the country for cases per capita, and its my bet they are needing some of those ventilators too...

California needs some, Washington state etc.

Again, this country only has an emergency reserve of less than 13,000.

Trump is doing his best to anticipate the need, and is doing his best to make sure resources are appropriated where they need to go.

There's no cause for complaint here. New York isn't experiencing a shortage and is getting a great many of these valuable resources.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
And what does this have to do with the price of tea in China again?

Louisiana ranked 3rd highest in the country for per cases per capita, and its my bet they are needing some of those ventilators too.

California needs some, Washington state etc.

Again, this country only has an emergency reserve of less than 13,000.

Trump is doing his best to anticipate the need, and is doing his best to make sure resources are appropriated where they need to go.

There's no cause for complaint here. New York isn't experiencing a shortage and is getting a great many of these valuable resources.

Why do you keep saying they don’t have a shortage? Where are you getting this information from?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And that justifies the Trump administration withholding ventilators from hospitals in New York exactly how?
Since this is what I was replying to:
When do we reach the point where people have had enough of this insanity?
it is quite obvious that I never said nor implied any such thingng so please stop lying about my comments.
So the rest of the country can go phffffft? NY/NYC leaders and officials dug this hole for their citizens and now they want Trump to steal from the rest of country to bail them out.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you keep saying they don’t have a shortage? Where are you getting this information from?

Maybe you should try getting out more instead of getting all your news from people who profit from constant fear.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Since this is what I was replying to:
it is quite obvious that I never said nor implied any such thingng so please stop lying about my comments.
So the rest of the country can go phffffft? NY/NYC leaders and officials dug this hole for their citizens and now they want Trump to steal from the rest of country to bail them out.
I beg your pardon. It is certainly not my place to accuse a real Christian, a real patriot like yourself of lying. Let me ask the question this way instead: How does Carlson's editorial justify Trump's policy in allocating ventilators? Even if Carlson is right and the government of New York mismanaged the outbreak, what effect should that have on the allocation of resources for the sick?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,757.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Let me ask the question this way instead: How does Carlson's editorial justify Trump's policy in allocating ventilators?
They will get them as they need them....just like the rest of the country. NYS/NYC is no more special than Podunk, Ohio.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
They will get them as they need them....just like the rest of the country. NYS/NYC is no more special than Podunk, Ohio.
Which doesn't answer my question, but OK, and who decides when they are needed?

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Which doesn't answer my question, but OK, and who decides when they are needed?
Seems to me it should go to the places with the most cases, which would be NYC. Of course there might be more cases elsewhere, but we have no tests.

There have only been 500,000 americans tested, and over 15% of them have tested positive. so many cases have slipped through the cracks and have been allowed to spread like wildfire.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
At my residential hospital, we have our first active case and that individual unknowingly directly exposed over 250 people. Hopefully, the other two residential wards of 120 patients are safe. We have a total of 12 vents. In two weeks, we're going to be screwed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.