U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn’t it be something if people could just admit, I voted against the best person for the job and therefore I’m partly responsible for the dump burn created, but I won’t make that mistake again… naaah, not gonna happen.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn’t it be something if people could just admit, I voted against the best person for the job and therefore I’m partly responsible for the dump burn created, but I won’t make that mistake again… naaah, not gonna happen.
I will happily vote against him a third time.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn’t it be something if people could just admit, I voted against the best person for the job and therefore I’m partly responsible for the dump burn created, but I won’t make that mistake again…
If I thought that was true I would say so.

Reactions: childeye 2
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
What dump burn?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟367,193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
On no planet, in any galaxy, would a logical person try to imply that Trump’s cognitive abilities are no better than Biden’s. Complete nonsense and grasping at straws to defend irresponsible voting.
They would argue they are FAR worse.

Guy doesn't know how to close an umbrella.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I'm curious, on what basis do you think will win an appeal and not have to pay?
They pay enough to cover the cost of the attorneys. But beyond that there is seldom any payout on a civil case.
Do you think that a man who has admitted assaulting women and thinks it fortunate that he can should be in the running for any office at all?

This is America, anyone and everyone can run for office. Perhaps you would be more happy with a one party system like Russia or China.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
That's a silly answer. Zero points.
I agree you win zero points for your lack of understanding of the basic fundamentals of Physics. Even if what I am talking about is astrophysics. The concepts of time and space are fundamental in physics. In the context of physics, time and space are indeed fundamental concepts that form the foundation of our understanding of the universe and its operation. They are intertwined and provide the framework for describing the behavior of matter, energy, and the interactions between them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟908,385.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They pay enough to cover the cost of the attorneys. But beyond that there is seldom any payout on a civil case.

This is America, anyone and everyone can run for office. Perhaps you would be more happy with a one party system like Russia or China.
The biggest problem with US elections is being locked into a two party system. Sure, there are other parties but without a system such as ranked voting, we will always be stuck with voting for the lesser of the two evils.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,464.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How come by you this “real reason”, for Ms. Carroll’s suit?
That is the general opinion held by most people. Even on this tread people say in light of this law suit what right does Trump have to run for office. I personally don't care one way or the other, but I do wonder why people hate Trump so much. This looks like it all comes down to liberals vs conservatives. No matter how much people want to play dirty politics.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟299,663.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Appeals have nothing to do with the payout in law suit. This one was for $5 million. There will be plenty for Ms. Carroll to pay her attorneys.

This "answer" wasn't. You didn't state why you think Trump will win his appeal. (It's tricky to guess because no cause of action has been stated, just a notice.)
Also not responsive. Try again. Do you think someone found liable of assault *should* be a political candidate?

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟329,872.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What kind of answer is that to what he'll appeal on? Actually, there are lots of large payouts with civil cases. And the deeper the pockets of the person sued, the larger the payouts are. As has been brought up, the Johnny Depp/Amber Heard series of trials is just one example of how big payouts can be. Why do you think Fox settled with Dominion -- if there is "seldom any payout" -- why would Fox ever have settled for so much?

Beyond that, when courts lower the judgement by the jury, it typically is only the punitive damages; compensatory damages are rarely touched. Punitive damages are charged to punish a defendant, if the jury feels a rich person/company won't be hurt for their bad behavior enough. In Trump's case, only $300,000 of the $5 million total is in punitive damages -- and that is small enough, particularly compared to the compensatory damages, that I doubt it would be lowered on appeals. I also suspect this is why Fox settled; with the amount of evidence from discovery showing the Fox lied, they were afraid of what a jury might tack on in punitive damages against the "deep pockets" of Fox, Inc and Murdock.

But, again, from what I see, there is little for Trump to appeal the decision on, so I am curious why you believe an appeals court would either overturn the decision or lower the amount awarded?

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree you win zero points for your lack of understanding of the basic fundamentals of Physics. Even if what I am talking about is astrophysics. The concepts of time and space are fundamental in physics. In the context of physics, time and space are indeed fundamental concepts that form the foundation of our understanding of the universe and its operation. They are intertwined and provide the framework for describing the behavior of matter, energy, and the interactions between them.
You doubled-down on your non-sequitur?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That is the general opinion held by most people. Even on this tread people say in light of this law suit what right does Trump have to run for office. I personally don't care one way or the other, but I do wonder why people hate Trump so much. This looks like it all comes down to liberals vs conservatives. No matter how much people want to play dirty politics.
“Conservatives”?
Do you mean “Trump supporters”?
I ask because Trump (and his policies) are not conservative.
Right-wing populist? I’ll give ya, but NOT “conservative”.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟254,424.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
What an nonsensical response to avoid answering the question. I'm not interested in the legal requirements for standing for office. We are discussing the morals of the matter. So I'll ask you again, if someone has admitted that he has assaulted women and has said that it is fortunate that someone in his position can do so, in your personal opinion is that man fit for office?

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟142,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
What an nonsensical response to avoid answering the question. I'm not interested in the legal requirements for standing for office. We are discussing the morals of the matter. So I'll ask you again, if someone has admitted that he has assaulted women and has said that it is fortunate that someone in his position can do so, in your personal opinion is that man fit for office?
The great-ol’ “we didn’t elect a pastor we elected a President!” has lost some of its luster (ahem) given the recent spate of pastor scandals.

Reactions: Bradskii
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.