Los Angeles Area
✟820,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
The Trump administration has quietly dismantled or cut back multiple programs that were created after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to help detect and prevent terrorism involving weapons of mass destruction, a Times investigation has found.

“We’re not as secure as we were 18 months ago,” said Ryan, a retired Navy rear admiral.

Dale

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Apr 14, 2003
Sebring, FL
✟657,808.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The Trump administration has quietly dismantled or cut back multiple programs that were created after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks to help detect and prevent terrorism involving weapons of mass destruction, a Times investigation has found.

“We’re not as secure as we were 18 months ago,” said Ryan, a retired Navy rear admiral.

It sounds like Trump just doesn't get it.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

A terrorist attack would be good for his presidency. The man worries me.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private

That's what worries a lot of people.

I think Trump would relish an attack bc it would give him a chance to try to play hero. He wouldn't actually act heroic, but he would believe he was, his fans would see it that way. It'd totally rile up his base. He's friends with Erik Prince the man who literally profits off war. Trump gave his sister a plum cabinet position already (Betsy DeVos), has accepted $$$ from the family. I think Trump would view a terrorist attack on his country from the angle of it being in his own best interests all the while acting like how you treat a flag is what constitutes patriotism.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single

It’s like when the Republican congress slashed funding for embassy protection and then made hay attacking the Dems after Benghazi. If you don’t care about the truth, then any crisis can be an opportunity.

• Agree
Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟820,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Agreed.

GW401H259

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
President Trump and God are doing more to protect us than Obama or Bush ever did. Praise Trump and God! Amen! Amen!
A poster must now wipe off coffee from a monitor.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,389,831.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Overall, more than 100 scientists and policy experts specializing in radiological and nuclear threats have been reassigned or left to take jobs unrelated to their expertise,

...well that explains it. Scientists and any kind of "experts" are not wanted in Trump's America.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums