Trump denies suggesting adding his face to Mount Rushmore, but calls it 'a good idea'

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the article.
Trump called recent reports from The New York Times and CNN 'Fake News'

President Trump claimed that a recent New York Times report that he had inquired about having his face added to Mount Rushmore was "Fake News," although he was not exactly opposed to the idea

The Times reported on Saturday that in 2019, a White House aide asked South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's office about how a president could get added to the famed mountain sculpture. CNN later picked up the Times' report, adding a reference to a 2018 Oval Office meeting where, Noem said, Trump asked her about it directly.

"This is Fake News by the failing @nytimes & bad ratings @CNN," Trump tweeted Sunday evening. "Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me!"

Continued below.
Trump denies suggesting adding his face to Mount Rushmore, but calls it 'a good idea'

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
From the article.

President Trump claimed that a recent New York Times report that he had inquired about having his face added to Mount Rushmore was "Fake News," although he was not exactly opposed to the idea

The Times reported on Saturday that in 2019, a White House aide asked South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's office about how a president could get added to the famed mountain sculpture. CNN later picked up the Times' report, adding a reference to a 2018 Oval Office meeting where, Noem said, Trump asked her about it directly.

"This is Fake News by the failing @nytimes & bad ratings @CNN," Trump tweeted Sunday evening. "Never suggested it although, based on all of the many things accomplished during the first 3 1/2 years, perhaps more than any other Presidency, sounds like a good idea to me!"

Continued below.
We had eight years of Obama narcissism and almost four years of this narcissist. At least Joe is too mentally confused to be a full time narcissist.

Our country is more likely to deface the images already on Mount Rushmore than to ever add a new image. And that is a narcissism all by itself.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the article.

Continued below.

Now that's just funny.

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have been a number of trump "fake news" claims that have turned out to be quite true.
Lol! Ain’t no additions going to Mt. Rushmore as desperately as some would like to add this to their partisan narrative.

• Agree
Reactions: JohnDB
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lol! Ain’t no additions going to Mt. Rushmore as desperately as some would like to add this to their partisan narrative.

What partisan narrative is that? That Noem mentioned this in an interview is true...is it not?

Upvote 0

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What partisan narrative is that? That Noem mentioned this in an interview is true...is it not?
You know what I mean. Each side picks tidbits to fit into their partisan narrative. True or not.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,586,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I remember how Republicans kept saying that Obama was anti-american and a traitor and all kinds of things.
Fits the partisan narrative. They WANTED to believe it. True or not.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know what I mean. Each side picks tidbits to fit into their partisan narrative. True or not.

Ok, I was just noting that Noem did mention this in an interview and that she thought that he was joking...then according to her she realized he wasn't. Yes, a minor issue ... considering everything else.

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok, I was just noting that Noem did mention this in an interview and that she thought that he was joking...then according to her she realized he wasn't. Yes, a minor issue ... considering everything else.

What about Joe Biden "gaffs"?... although some of them are rather troubling.

No one is making hay out of them.

And with some of the things that he has said... someone could really go to town and them. He has inadvertently made some hugely racist remarks... even doubled down on them. Trump called him out on them to get no traction whatsoever to anyone but the true partisans.

But a story created out of nowhere and nothing makes headlines?

That's what is absolutely ridiculous to the point of hysterical journalism.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What about Joe Biden "gaffs"?... although some of them are rather troubling.

No one is making hay out of them.

And with some of the things that he has said... someone could really go to town and them. He has inadvertently made some hugely racist remarks... even doubled down on them. Trump called him out on them to get no traction whatsoever to anyone but the true partisans.

But a story created out of nowhere and nothing makes headlines?

That's what is absolutely ridiculous to the point of hysterical journalism.

Are you serious, much of social media is inundated with biden gaffes and mental decline memes. Of course fox news is taking full advantage as are most right wing radio and internet sites.... and the "Rushmore" story wasn't created out of nowhere as noted Noem talked about it in an interview...and she was there.

The many biden gaffes are real, just as the myriad trump gaffes are real. To me the question arises aren't we ever going to grow tired of old white men?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,460.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
South Dakota already has a Crazy Horse monument. At least that Crazy Horse was a leader of his tribe.

We don't need a "real" crazy in the Black Hills. If he wants a monument to himself in SD, let himbuild a hotel. The Pine Ridge reservation could use a huge investment to help its starving people.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you serious, much of social media is inundated with biden gaffes and mental decline memes. Of course fox news is taking full advantage as are most right wing radio and internet sites.... and the "Rushmore" story wasn't created out of nowhere as noted Noem talked about it in an interview...and she was there.

The many biden gaffes are real, just as the myriad trump gaffes are real. To me the question arises aren't we ever going to grow tired of old white men?

Neither of these two guys are quick on their feet when going off script.

Even though Trump has calmed down a lot with his "in your face monkey but" rhetoric from what he has normally done in the past...he still uses it as a "go to" on a regular basis. Obviously anything but statesman like in conduct.

Joe Biden was obviously having issues when he was part of Obama's team. I don't think that he will do well with the debates.

And where you are paying attention to the right wing news outlets I pay attention to all of them when I bother to actually look. All of them are partisan at this point and it takes all of them to figure out the WIRGO. (What is really going on)

It took me hours to even figure out what the charges were for Trump's impeachment. Nobody I asked could give me any answers that weren't rhetoric.
When I first found out many of my work buddies and my wife wanted to know as well...so much rhetoric that no one actually knew.

And that's why stuff like this article is funny...baseless and wild accusation that has no place in reasonable news but Is headlines. It makes the news agencies a joke and people like me laughing at them.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟325,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And where you are paying attention to the right wing news outlets I pay attention to all of them when I bother to actually look. All of them are partisan at this point and it takes all of them to figure out the WIRGO. (What is really going on)

Just as an aside I definitely do not pay attention to right wing news, or left wing news for that matter. Facebook is loaded with biden mental decline/gaffe memes...the "right wing" articles story simply appeared on one of my feeds...saw the headlines and excerpt but didn't find it necessary to read further!

It took me hours to even figure out what the charges were for Trump's impeachment. Nobody I asked could give me any answers that weren't rhetoric.
When I first found out many of my work buddies and my wife wanted to know as well...so much rhetoric that no one actually knew.

Plenty of answers here on CF ... I simply noted, again in a news feed, that cruz suggested that many repubs believed that there was a "quid pro quo" but not to the level of impeachment. Thus that was the better legal argument not whether he did or not.

And that's why stuff like this article is funny...baseless and wild accusation that has no place in reasonable news but Is headlines. It makes the news agencies a joke and people like me laughing at them.

Perhaps you are right...why sweat the small stuff. It is simply inline with the ongoing pattern of ego statements that we are all quite used to by now! Blessings........

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟46,421.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In keeping with this thread's theme...

YlDkrt4.jpg

Upvote 0