Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

yup, he thinks that the 3rd person in the leadership of the US should travel commercial to her pleasure excursion to Afghanistan.

Never in the history of the US has a president thrown so many tantrums. But, that's fine. His base continues to support him, especially evangelical Christians.

They believe all that he says. How many hundred times did he say that no one in his administration, transition, or campaign EVER talked to ANY Russians?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't hear anything in his response about the actual request of postponing the State of the Union.

However, I do agree that Pelosi should not be traveling while the government is shut down.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Someone needs to tell the NATO countries that not all in the leadership of the US government wants to pull out of NATO. Pelosi should make the position of the House leadership clear. It would be great of some Republicans senators would do the same.

I didn't hear anything in his response about the actual request of postponing the State of the Union.

However, I do agree that Pelosi should not be traveling while the government is shut down.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
yup, he thinks that the 3rd person is the leadership of the US should travel commercial to her pleasure excursion to Afghanistan.

Never in the history of the US has a president thrown so many tantrums. But, that's fine. His base continues to support him, especially evangelical Christians.

They believe all that he says. How many hundred times did he say that no one in his administration, transition, or campaign EVER talked to ANY Russians.

Under normal circumstances, I would think this power play horribly immature, but Pelosi opened the door to it by postponing the SOTU. I think she got outplayed on this one.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Someone needs to tell the NATO countries that the US government that not all in the US power structure wants to pull out of NATO. Pelosi should make the position of the House leadership clear. It would be great of some Republicans senators would do the same.

I agree with that sentiment.

I just do not think she should be leaving DC until the government is reopened. Practically, she needs to be around to work with Schumer and the other leaders of the Democrat party to end this. She also should to be around to hold a vote in the House. Politicly, it would be extremely poor optics for any Democrat leader to leave DC right now.

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting response from Lindsey Graham.
"Sen. Lindsey Graham, who has become a vocal supporter of Trump's calls for a border wall, tweeted: "One sophomoric response does not deserve another. Speaker Pelosi’s threat to cancel the State of the Union is very irresponsible and blatantly political. President Trump denying Speaker Pelosi military travel to visit our troops in Afghanistan, our allies in Egypt and NATO is also inappropriate."
Trump says he'll postpone Pelosi's overseas trip over shutdown

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She could be back in 1/2 a day for a vote, which could happen after Senate action. Brussels is only a couple of hours further than California.

There will be at least a day's notice, since any action would require previous action by the Senate. Schumer can represent the party if a meeting with Trump happens.

I agree with that sentiment.

I just do not think she should be leaving DC until the government is reopened. Practically, she needs to be around to work with Schumer and the other leaders of the Democrat party to end this. She also should to be around to hold a vote in the House. Politicly, it would be extremely poor optics for any Democrat leader to leave DC right now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And neither should Trump. And the State of the Union should be cancelled. Until the shut down is cancelled . Im more bothered ,that Trump is giving personal information on where shes traveling . This shouldn't be allowed.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Good! She needs to stay here and start work on impeaching the Hamburgler. There needs to be some adult leadership in our country.

Former Republican, 1988-2019.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟556,716.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Good! She needs to stay here and start work on impeaching the Hamburgler. There needs to be some adult leadership in our country.

I think you meant Hamberdler

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Impeaching the president before the Mueller results are available would be less than useless. Trump will certainly win in the Senate. In any case, what if an immediate impeachment were to succeed? Are you really so anxious to see a President Trump, and have a leftist Democrat run against Pence, Haily, Cruz or Rubio?

• Agree
Reactions: EpiscipalMe
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
yup, he thinks that the 3rd person is the leadership of the US should travel commercial to her pleasure excursion to Afghanistan.

They believe all that he says. How many hundred times did he say that no one in his administration, transition, or campaign EVER talked to ANY Russians?

Trumps pettiness is endangering congress members. He leaked classified information for upcoming trips. She had already canceled the one for today because the recess was canceled due to the shutdown, but now enemies of the US can target her since it will eventually be rescheduled.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And neither should Trump. And the State of the Union should be cancelled. Until the shut down is cancelled . Im more bothered ,that Trump is giving personal information on where shes traveling . This shouldn't be allowed.

Don't matter good old Nancy won't be traveling on her own dime that's for sure. Even though she's rich.
M-Bob

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The House already passed a continuing resolution to open the government, so I'm not sure what Pelosi staying in D.C while he throws temper tantrums would accomplish. So glad to have a president with the maturity of a first grader, though.

I'll grant that both pulling the SOTU and this stunt were politically motivated, but I also think that a trip abroad to receive a security briefing and greet the troops is more important at this juncture than a SOTU speech.
Ringo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Impeaching the president before the Mueller results are available would be less than useless. Trump will certainly win in the Senate. In any case, what if an immediate impeachment were to succeed? Are you really so anxious to see a President Trump, and have a leftist Democrat run against Pence, Haily, Cruz or Rubio?

The same could have been said about Clinton and my former idiot party went along and did it. I don’t care if he is removed; I want his name to be added to the list of disgraced Presidents.

Upvote 0