Worcestershire
✟161,215.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump has defended some of his supporters who rioted at the US Capitol on 6 January, saying they posed “zero threat” to the lawmakers who had assembled there to certify the electoral college vote that confirmed Joe Biden’s election victory.

After five deaths, extensive criminal damage, nearly three months of work by the FBI and 300 arrests with many more to come Trump still is spinning the tale.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟946,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Zero threat and five deaths doesn’t add up.

Former president says rioters shouldn’t have done it’ but they are now being ‘persecuted

Riot n.
  • a violent public disorder specifically : a tumultuous disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled together and acting with a common intent
  • public violence, tumult, or disorder
Persecute v.
  • to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief
  • to annoy with persistent or urgent approaches (such as attacks, pleas, or importunities) : PESTER

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟132,521.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Donald Trump has defended some of his supporters who rioted at the US Capitol on 6 January, saying they posed “zero threat” to the lawmakers who had assembled there to certify the electoral college vote that confirmed Joe Biden’s election victory.

After five deaths, extensive criminal damage, nearly three months of work by the FBI and 300 arrests with many more to come Trump still is spinning the tale.

I'm shocked that FBI personnel where able to tear themselves away from their coffee and donuts in order to do some kind of investigation. This riot as well as the ones over the past year required coordination, yet the FBI was shocked by it all.

All senior managers at the FBI should be fired for incompetence.

Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Do you realize that Trump isn't president anymore?

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Rioters posted zero threat to Ron Johnson and other lawmakers who had assembled to decertify the electoral college vote that confirmed Joe Biden’s election victory.

• Winner
Reactions: Kenny'sID
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Guardian piece is well written and does not incorrectly portray Trump as defending the storming of the capitol. The OP Headline however is clearly incorrectly doing that . It does not represent what the article actually says.

Trump's claim is that the rioters in Washington are being targeted and treated differently by the authorities than other rioters have been and that they (or perhaps only some of them. This is unclear) posed no real threat the Legislators. He is not quoted as defending the riots. One may dispute his claim but proclaiming that he is saying something entirely different is not factual.

The following subhead below in the article is in direct contradiction of the idea that Trump is defending the "storming of the capitol. ".

"Former president says rioters ‘shouldn’t have done it’" .

I will include the definition of "some" for those that seem confused in thinking that it means the same as "all"

PRONOUN
  1. an unspecified number or amount of people or things.
    "here are some of our suggestions" ·
    [more]
  2. at least a small amount or number of people or things.

• Winner
Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
I'm not Trump's biggest fan by ANY means (I liked his Wrestlemania appearance) but The Guardian? - Nah. They don't deserve any serious credence.

Besides, there was an extensive trial for this. Why is the media still talking about it?

(I'm not shooting the OP by the way, it's the media I have a problem with.)

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not Trump's biggest fan by ANY means (I liked his Wrestlemania appearance) but The Guardian? - Nah. They don't deserve any serious credence.

Besides, there was an extensive trial for this. Why is the media still talking about it?

(I'm not shooting the OP by the way, it's the media I have a problem with.)
Trump was on Fox News and they asked him about it. He’s the one that isn’t letting this go. He’s like the criminal who not only got away with his crime but then he comes back and mocks his victim to their face.

He’s the literal worst person to ever hold the office of President of the United States. I thank God he lost every single day.

Upvote 0

tz620q

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
Carmel, IN
✟573,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I was surprised when I learned about 5 deaths. So I looked it up. The events are rather confusing and it is hard to determine cause of death in some of them; but the ones that made the media were limited to two.

Ashii Babbitt - shot by Capitol police while crawling through broken window of the Capitol building.

Brian Sidnick - hard to say definitively how the Capitol Police Officer died. It is being charged as a murder; but the autopsy has not been released yet. Body Cam footage showed Sidnick being sprayed with bear spray in the face. Afterwards, they have footage of him trying to wash it out of his eyes with water. Later it has been stated that he was struck in the head; but no record has been released of any blunt force trauma as cause of death. He went back to the Capitol Police office, collapsed, and died the next day, ostensibly of blood clots and stroke.

Kevin Greeson - died of a heart attack outside the Capitol building during the riot. He had a history of high blood pressure. His wife said he was not there to participate in violence.

Benjamin Philips - died of a stroke outside the Capitol building

Rosanne Boyland - allegedly died of injuries sustained when she was caught between the pushing rioters and the Capitol police.

The last three have been ruled as medical emergencies that happened during the riot; but not necessarily as a result of the riot. So saying that 5 died during the riots is factually correct; but needs to be clarified. It is like saying that there were 54 blood clots in people after taking the AstraZeneca COVID vaccine. Correlation does not show causation.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,277.00
Faith
Christian
Trump was on Fox News and they asked him about it. He’s the one that isn’t letting this go. He’s like the criminal who not only got away with his crime but then he comes back and mocks his victim to their face.

He’s the literal worst person to ever hold the office of President of the United States. I thank God he lost every single day.

Oh, I see.

I've actually been trying to avoid as much of the news as possible (I must admit.) It wasn't doing anything for my anxiety, and I just found ALL media platforms mildly indoctrinating - even the more centrist papers like The Independent.

I just know what the Guardian like to do.

As far as Trump goes, I've come to reside in the fact that he is NOT of sound mind. I know it's a cop out, but me becoming irate over his actions will do nothing to override the excessive red tape and legal jargon that the US wrap themselves up in.

Break into a bank = life without parole.
Incitement to murder = "voter fraud from the radical left."

*I* didn't make the rules.

It pays not to lose your mind over it. Especially when you can wake up tomorrow and know that you're a genuine humanist with the free rein to become the next to MLK or Gandhi if you really wanted to. All Trump will ever be now is *at best* a pantomime villain.

Oh, and an internet troll if his app takes off.

And a half rate (failed) vodka salesman.

• Friendly
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The Guardian piece is well written and does not incorrectly portray Trump as defending the storming of the capitol. The OP Headline however is clearly incorrectly doing that . It does not represent what the article actually says.

Trump's claim is that the rioters in Washington are being targeted and treated differently by the authorities than other rioters have been and that they (or perhaps only some of them. This is unclear) posed no real threat the Legislators. He is not quoted as defending the riots. One may dispute his claim but proclaiming that he is saying something entirely different is not factual.

The following subhead below in the article is in direct contradiction of the idea that Trump is defending the "storming of the capitol. ".

"Former president says rioters ‘shouldn’t have done it’" .

I will include the definition of "some" for those that seem confused in thinking that it means the same as "all"

PRONOUN
  1. an unspecified number or amount of people or things.
    "here are some of our suggestions" ·
    [more]
  2. at least a small amount or number of people or things.

In other words, he knows how to walk a fine line to defend his fascistic supporters with a lot of plausible deniability, knowing that facing accountability for his actions will more than likely not take place.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

How many of those 5 deaths were the lawmakers that Trump made clear were the ones not threatened?

I see we are still twisting Trumps words.

Zero threat and five deaths doesn’t add up.

Of course it does, there were zero threats to the lawmakers, you know, the ones that were thrown out of the equation from the get go here in order to create an illusion.

And did you all verify those deaths and exactly what caused them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

That's a very good analogy to describe Donald Trump, IMO. Hopefully the Justice System will catch up to him someday and wipe that smug look off of his face. Maybe there's a prison cell waiting for him.

I agree with you about thanking God he lost every single day. As a Republican, I'm so relieved he lost the election to Biden. I shudder to think what it would be like to endure four more years of Trump.

Upvote 0

Guinan

Dec 12, 2020
Texas
✟50,161.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
In other words, he knows how to walk a fine line to defend his fascistic supporters with a lot of plausible deniability, knowing that facing accountability for his actions will more than likely not take place.
Ringo

If Trump is true to his nature, he will more than likely deny he ever said that if he gets called out for his remarks. He denied knowing who the Proud Boys are after directly telling them to "stand back and standby" during a live presidential debate with Biden. IOW, he's not exactly known for being honest.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If Trump is true to his nature, he will more than likely deny he ever said that if he gets called out for his remarks. He denied knowing who the Proud Boys are after directly telling them to "stand back and standby" during a live presidential debate with Biden. IOW, he's not exactly known for being honest.

Also lying about his words in the immediate aftermath of the Unite the Reich rally in Charlottesville - "good people on both sides" after one side chanted "Jews will not replace us" and ran over people in the street.

That's bad enough on its own. Even worse is that some of his supporters still defend it to this day. Donnie doesn't know too much but he knows how to be slippery enough to get out of actual consequences for his actions.
Ringo

Upvote 0