✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
And what is that purpose, again?

Have you not been reading comments by Conservatives about how liberals are reacting to the election? The words "snowflake", "safe space", etc. appear in almost every one of them. And not just here on CF.

That's what makes it deliciously ironic that President-elect Trump is calling for a safe space to protect his special snowflake from being bullied.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
That reminds me, I'm still waiting for USincognito to explain the obvious purpose of the thread to me.

If he doesn't want to answer I have a suspicion of what it might be.

You've been consistently wrong about me so far in this thread, why stop now. Go ahead and tell me what your suspicion was.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Note what is being reported on here: Mike Pence's support for programs which would help those adjust their sexual orientation, should the desire to change it.

Somehow this leads to him not only thinking that homosexuals should not be defended in any way or have any of their rights upheld, but indeed that no minority should be defended in any way or have their rights upheld, since if the issue that the cast of Hamilton had with Pence was entirely restricted to homosexuals they would not have spoken of his general treatment of minorities.

But what I'm wondering about this: if a gay man decides he would like to change his orientation, can we use the chain of reasoning to say that he must think that black people deserve no rights?

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
The definition for "accurate" is not "what Mountain_Girl406 repeatedly asserts."

But perhaps you'd like to lecture to pregnant woman about how inaccurate their language is when they talk about their "unborn baby" kicking.
I've been pregnant many times, including one in which I placed a daughter for adoption. I used terms like baby casually along with peanut and lump to refer to the fetus I was carrying , just like I used lots of other common but not quite accurate terms. I had a whole bunch of anatomically inaccurate words I used when my kids were young as well. But when I met with the doctor he didn't tell me that my four month old baby would be born in five more months, the accurate term fetus was used.

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Have you not been reading comments by Conservatives about how liberals are reacting to the election? The words "snowflake", "safe space", etc. appear in almost every one of them. And not just here on CF.

That's what makes it deliciously ironic that President-elect Trump is calling for a safe space to protect his special snowflake from being bullied.

And yet:

No, this thread isn't about Trump. Some people are apparently satire impaired it seems.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Note what is being reported on here: Mike Pence's support for programs which would help those adjust their sexual orientation, should the desire to change it.

Somehow this leads to him not only thinking that homosexuals should not be defended in any way or have any of their rights upheld, but indeed that no minority should be defended in any way or have their rights upheld, since if the issue that the cast of Hamilton had with Pence was entirely restricted to homosexuals they would not have spoken of his general treatment of minorities.

But what I'm wondering about this: if a gay man decides he would like to change his orientation, can we use the chain of reasoning to say that he must think that black people deserve no rights?
Problem is these programs don't help people change their orientation, and have even been outlawed in some states.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been pregnant many times, including one in which I placed a daughter for adoption. I used terms like baby, just like I used lots of other common but not quite accurate terms. I had a whole bunch of anatomically inaccurate words I used when my kids were young as well. But when I met with the doctor he didn't tell me that my four month old baby would be born in five more months, the accurate term fetus was used.

Ah. Just as how if someone claims to have a "heart attack" we can say that they are lying, because a doctor would call it "cardiac arrest."

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Problem is these programs don't help people change their orientation, and have even been outlawed in some states.

I see. So therefore Mike Pence thinks black people don't have rights. Thank you for enlightening me on the argument.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I see. So therefore Mike Pence thinks black people don't have rights. Thank you for enlightening me on the argument.

So's Law!
So's Law meme.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Yeah, Trump is the context for the satire. Not the source or target of it.

Got it now? And you never did tell me what suspicions you had as to why I might not respond. Please, don't leave me hanging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
So's Law!

We are discussing the claims by actors of Hamilton that Mike Pence doesn't think that minorities generally shouldn't be defended and don't have rights.

The only person who has even attempted to justify this view of Mike Pence is mountain_girl, and so I responded to as full of argument as she was able to give.

But even if her argument is absurd, as I noted, I praise her for at least giving the attempt. That's more than people like you have done.

I'm starting to get the suspicion that the true purpose of this thread was merely to repeat mockery of Pence and Trump without criticism or explanation. Sorry if that is the case. I'd hate to think that I invaded a safe space.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, Trump is the context for the satire. Not the source or target of it.

Got it now? And you never did tell me what suspicions you had as to why I might not respond. Please, don't leave me hanging.

What's the point of your satire then? That safe spaces are absurd? That it's absurd to expect not to be criticized publicly?

Going from your repeated statements about Trump and Pence specifically I had thought it was about them, but now you assure me that it's not, so I'm a bit lost.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
U see he's undoubtedly college educated; whereas Mike Pence is a conservative 'Protestant' Christian that voids him as being highly educated .

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
What? I couldn't make heads or tails of what supporting 'conversion ' therapy had to do with the rights of black people so I simply ignored that part and focused on the only thing I discussed in that post. I can't follow your logic that there being no evidence conversion theory works has anything to do with Pence's views on the tights of black people.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
What? I couldn't make heads or tails of what supporting 'conversion ' therapy had to do with the rights of black people so I simply ignored that part and focused on the only thing I discussed in that post. I can't follow your logic that there being no evidence conversion theory works has anything to do with Pence's views on the tights of black people.

I'm trying to understand the views of the actors of Hamilton, who claimed that Mike Pence does not think that minorities should be defended and that he thinks that they do not have rights.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah. Just as how if someone claims to have a "heart attack" we can say that they are lying, because a doctor would call it "cardiac arrest."
Oh, and now we're talking about lying? When did that show up? Was I lying when I called my fetus a peanut? Does that make peanut an accurate term?

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm trying to understand the views of the actors of Hamilton, who claimed that Mike Pence does not think that minorities should be defended and that he thinks that they do not have rights.
It takes a highly educated person to grasp the jist ;)

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
And I responded that LGBT people are minorities and they should have the right not to be subject to quack therapies.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟120,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh, and now we're talking about lying? When did that show up? Was I lying when I called my fetus a peanut? Does that make peanut an accurate term?
It's all JIST so don't go ballistic, but rather return jist with jist.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.