evoeth

Man trying to figure things out
Mar 5, 2014
✟130,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not all documents, mind you, just some documents... he's totally willing to undermine the intelligence community to carry out what appears to be a blatant attempt to make himself look good.

Time
(WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump is declassifying a trove of documents related to the early days of the FBI’s Russia investigation, including portions of a secret surveillance warrant and former FBI Director James Comey’s text messages.

That’s according to a statement from press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Trump is making the extraordinary move in response to calls from his allies in Congress who say they believe the Russia investigation was tainted by anti-Trump bias within the ranks of the FBI and Justice Department.​

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not all documents, mind you, just some documents... he's totally willing to undermine the intelligence community to carry out what appears to be a blatant attempt to make himself look good.

Time
(WASHINGTON) — President Donald Trump is declassifying a trove of documents related to the early days of the FBI’s Russia investigation, including portions of a secret surveillance warrant and former FBI Director James Comey’s text messages.

That’s according to a statement from press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders.

Trump is making the extraordinary move in response to calls from his allies in Congress who say they believe the Russia investigation was tainted by anti-Trump bias within the ranks of the FBI and Justice Department.​
Seems the intelligence community has done a good job of undermining itself. Let's let the people decide after they view these doccuments.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married

The intelligence community has been working to undermine him, so I suppose turnabout is fair play. If their hands were clean, they should have nothing to fear...

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Seems the intelligence community has done a good job of undermining itself. Let's let the people decide after they view these doccuments.
No, it's being undermined, But the narrative construction has been impeccable. I just don't see who in the Trump administration is smart enough to have carried it off so well.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Not all documents, mind you, just some documents...

You will get the rest when the storm hits. Or you could see them a bit quicker by confirming Kavanaugh.

Reactions: danbuter
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder from what he is trying to distract. It has to be pretty big. My understanding is that revealing the FISA warrant can put sources and intelligence processes at risk. I hope no one dies behind this.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm...interesting. I wonder from what he is trying to distract. It has to be pretty big. My understanding is that revealing the FISA warrant can put sources and intelligence processes at risk. I hope no one dies behind this.
No distraction--a blatant attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation and related law-enforcement and intelligence organizations. If this plays out as intended, no one will believe anything the Justice Department or the intelligence community has to say about Russian involvement in our election.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No distraction--a blatant attempt to discredit the Mueller investigation and related law-enforcement and intelligence organizations. If this plays out as intended, no one will believe anything the Justice Department or the intelligence community has to say about Russian involvement in our election.

I know he wants to discredit them, he has to to save his own behind. If there are documents or recordings or multiple witnesses this will be less successful. Regardless, it still reeks of distraction, he always does something crazy when something big is about to pop.

I think the bigger danger re: FISA, if this discloses sources, is to have people or governments refuse to help us for fear of being outed.

Upvote 0

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Tell me what you think after you see the docs

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Providing evidence against individuals is disruptive. It is discrediting. That is the nature of it. If you have a man suspected of murder swearing he didn't do it, and then some one provides evidence to the contrary; it does discredit that individuals testimony. It's how it works.

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Providing evidence against individuals is disruptive. It is discrediting. That is the nature of it. If you have a man suspected of murder swearing he didn't do it, and then some one provides evidence to the contrary; it does discredit that individuals testimony. It's how it works.

Sort of like you have members of Trump's administration, including, but not limited to Sarah Huckabee Sanders, stating that Trump wasn't involved in drafting Trump Jr's statement about the Trump Tower meeting, but then several months later have Trump's lawyers telling Mueller that Trump dictated a short but accurate response.

Or like they told investigators that the meeting was focused on legislation surrounding the Maginsky Act, and then later (when additional documents/emails came to light) admitted that the basis of the meeting was on supposed dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Are you suggesting that Trump and others in his campaign lying discredits their testimony? I would absolutely suggest that - it's how it works.

I'll wait for you to tell me how these lies are trivial and don't discredit Trump's narrative, or some other creative solution that allows the Trump and his team to lie and not lose credibility in your eyes.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

This is what is so funny. There is no distraction, it's a head on frontal assault. It is exactly as it presents itself. Remember? Drain the swamp? Lock her up? People are so convinced Trump is up to hiding something that they haven't even noticed about a hundred audits, hundreds of convictions, and billions of dollars in sized asset forfeiture.

Meanwhile Trump is running around acting like a blithering idiot trolling the media and they gobble it up every time. They are so busy following Trump's tweets and antics they aren't even aware Trump is kicking their butt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Sort of like you have members of Trump's administration, including, but not limited to Sarah Huckabee Sanders, stating that Trump wasn't involved in drafting Trump Jr's statement about the Trump Tower meeting, but then several months later have Trump's lawyers telling Mueller that Trump dictated a short but accurate response.

Or like they told investigators that the meeting was focused on legislation surrounding the Maginsky Act, and then later (when additional documents/emails came to light) admitted that the basis of the meeting was on supposed dirt on Hillary Clinton.

Are you suggesting that Trump and others in his campaign lying discredits their testimony? I would absolutely suggest that - it's how it works.

I'll wait for you to tell me how these lies are trivial and don't discredit Trump's narrative, or some other creative solution that allows the Trump and his team to lie and not lose credibility in your eyes.

It's a matter of perception. The first perception is that somehow, some feel we need to be credible in their eyes. We need to garner their approval in-order to be correct. In essence we need to be agreeable to their own ideals that they themselves believe. Almost as if the individuals that are disagreeable need their permission to be correct.

The other perception is we are not incorrect just because others disagree.

In some situations, so diametrically opposed, there is no cajoling or meeting in the middle. Neither group will ever agree on even the same exact sentence even if written to both parties in verbatim.

Christians and atheists. Islam and Jews. Pro-life and pro-choice.

There comes a point in which one group absolutely no longer even cares that the other group perceives them as wrong. That is where we are at. I do not believe you have the faintest idea of what you are even talking about, and I do not need your approval in having that opinion. I think those issues you are bringing up are blown out of proportion, and just spun like everything else.

Me personally. I do not care what your opinion of me is. I do not care if you like me or find me credible. You want to debate facts fine. We can talk all day long. But Im not going to be shamed into changing my views so I can be found acceptable by you. Prove me wrong. I will change my mind.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
It's a matter of perception. The first perception is that somehow, some feel we need to be credible in their eyes. We need to garner their approval in-order to be correct. In essence we need to be agreeable to their own ideals that they themselves believe. Almost as if the individuals that are disagreeable need their permission to be correct.

The other perception is we are not incorrect just because others disagree.

In some situations, so diametrically opposed, there is no cajoling or meeting in the middle. Neither group will ever agree on even the same exact sentence even if written to both parties in verbatim.

Christians and atheists. Islam and Jews. Pro-life and pro-choice.

There comes a point in which one group absolutely no longer even cares that the other group perceives them as wrong. That is where we are at. I do not believe you have the faintest idea of what you are even talking about, and I do not need your approval in having that opinion. I think that entire issue you are bringing up are blown out of proportion, and just spun like everything else.

Me personally. I do not care what your opinion of me is. I do not care if you like me or find me credible. You want to debate facts fine. We can talk all day long. But Im not going to be shamed into changing my views so I can be found acceptable. Prove me wrong. I will change my mind.

Kudos to you for not even attempting to reconcile the clear inconsistencies in the way you evaluate how lying impacts one's credibility. Ducking the question entirely while casting aspersions at me was probably your best play.

You're absolutely free to continue to have inconsistencies in the way you apply your principles, but i'm not going to stop calling you out on them simply because you don't care about what I have to say.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Kudos to you for not even attempting to reconcile the clear inconsistencies in the way you evaluate how lying impacts one's credibility. Ducking the question entirely while casting aspersions at me was probably your best play.

You're absolutely free to continue to have inconsistencies in the way you apply your principles, but i'm not going to stop calling you out on them simply because you don't care about what I have to say.

Im not ducking... take your self inflated victory and crow.

There is no conversation with people hardest against the topic at hand. You don't think Im foolish? An idiot perhaps? How then do we come on equal terms to have a discussion? I have already been judged, all that is left is ridicule. No thanks....

Upvote 0

Veritas

1 Lord, 1 Faith, 1 Baptism
Aug 7, 2003
Pacific NW USA
Visit site
✟109,662.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
What's wrong with transparency? I thought this is what the left wanted. Why should Trump continue to bear the brunt of a long-term witch hunt which will never prove any sort of Russian collusion while depriving the American people of the truth? Of course, I know that many will never accept it but that's their problem, not his. I'm interested to see what's there especially the UNredacted texts and FISA warrants.

Upvote 0

camille70

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2007
Ohio
Visit site
✟604,352.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
This is what is so funny. There is no distraction, it's a head on frontal assault. It is exactly as it presents itself. Remember? Drain the swamp? Lock her up? People are so convinced Trump is up to hiding something that they haven't even noticed about a hundred audits, hundreds of convictions, and billions of dollars in sized asset forfeiture.

Meanwhile Trump is running around acting like a blithering idiot trolling the media and they gobble it up every time. They are so busy following Trump's tweets and antics they aren't even aware Trump is kicking their butt.

No its a distraction. At first he was using the revoking of security clearances he never actually revoked and now he is doing this. He's just trying to control the news cycle. Even people and reporters who think this is a bad idea will eagerly go through all the stuff that gets released. It's wikileaks all over again except this time he'susing FISA warrants and text messages.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
What's wrong with transparency?

Trump. That's what's wrong with it. Everything Trump does is wrong, even if it would be right were it done by anybody else...

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟904,976.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
What's wrong with transparency? I thought this is what the left wanted. Why should Trump continue to bear the brunt of a long-term witch hunt which will never prove any sort of Russian collusion while depriving the American people of the truth? Of course, I know that many will never accept it but that's their problem, not his. I'm interested to see what's there especially the UNredacted texts and FISA warrants.

I'm all for transparency. When can we expect the rest of these documents to be unclassified? How about we do a three for and get the rest of these documents, Trumps tax returns, and all those documents on Kavenaugh?

Upvote 0