loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump declares New York Times 'enemy of the people'
President Trump on Wednesday labeled The New York Times "a true enemy of the people" one day after an extensive report detailing the ways in which he has sought to influence the investigations into his presidency and allies.

"The New York Times reporting is false," Trump tweeted. "They are a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!"
tulc(thought this was interesting...but not surprising) :sigh:

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

tulc(thought this was interesting...but not surprising) :sigh:
"The New York Times reporting is false," Trump tweeted. "They are a true ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE!"

Translation: "The New York Times is intentionally providing false or misleading news with the intent of propagating their ideology," Trump tweeted. "All those at The New York Times who are more concerned about their ideology than truth are a true threat to American democracy."

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married

Translation: "The New York Times is intentionally providing false or misleading news with the intent of propagating their ideology," Trump tweeted. "All those at The New York Times who are more concerned about their ideology than truth are a true threat to American democracy."
Translation:
“I, Donald Trump, cannot defend against the allegations and therefore I am going to attack the messenger instead. I know my followers will believe anything I say, so this is a good move on my part.”

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Translation:
“I, Donald Trump, cannot defend against the allegations and therefore I am going to attack the messenger instead. I know my followers will believe anything I say, so this is a good move on my part.”
The problem is that many of the allegations against the President are either blatantly false or misleading. Whether you want to believe it or not, false reporting, otherwise known as "Fake News", actually exists and is very damaging to our democracy. It would be delusional and naïve to suggest otherwise. Regardless of the source, any news organization who intentionally spreads ideological propaganda at the expense of accurate reporting, for the purpose of ratings or manipulating the public towards their ideology, is a real threat to democracy. Thus, an "enemy of the people".

Upvote 0

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is that many of the allegations against the President are either blatantly false or misleading. Whether you want to believe it or not, false reporting, otherwise known as "Fake News", actually exists and is very damaging to our democracy. It would be delusional and naïve to suggest otherwise. Regardless of the source, any news organization who intentionally spreads ideological propaganda at the expense of accurate reporting, for the purpose of ratings or manipulating the public towards their ideology, is a real threat to democracy. Thus, an "enemy of the people".
It is more dangerous to have a president who labels any news that is critical of him as “fake” and a segment of the population that believes this without question.

Upvote 0

(° ͡ ͜ ͡ʖ ͡ °) (ᵔᴥᵔʋ)

Site Supporter
Oct 14, 2015
✟405,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is more dangerous to have a president who labels any news that is critical of him as “fake” and a segment of the population that believes this without question.
I disagree with your statement, and the premise of your statement.

Translation:

I could just as easily have said "I, The New York Times, cannot defend against being called out for the fraud that I am and therefore I will just cry foul. I know my followers will believe anything I say, so this is a good move on my part."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EpiscipalMe

Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2017
USA
✟171,590.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
I disagree with your statement, and the premise of your statement.

I could just as easily have said "I, The New York Times, cannot defend against being called out for the fraud that I am and therefore I will just cry foul. I know my followers will believe anything I say, so this is a good move on my part."
If you have a problem with the New York Times story then challenge the facts not the source.

Ad hominem fallacy applies to news reporters too.

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

Jamsie

Site Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟326,124.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you have a problem with the New York Times story then challenge the facts not the source.

Ad hominem fallacy applies to news reporters too.

Facts? You forget those stories of the president paying off a inappropriate content star were denied by trump...oops! You forget that the military received a raise for the first time in decades ...oops! You forget that all of those women wrapped in duct tape... oops! You forget that the wall is already being built...oops!

The problem is that you want facts...if you would just listen to what trump says and stick your head deep into the sand then life would be simpler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A "real threat to democracy" is a president with skin thinner than tissue paper who declares journalists trying to do their job as "enemies of the people". He can dish it out, but he sure can't take it.

This is another example, in my mind, of many Trumpers having an extremely simplistic (almost naive) view of how the world works. Journalists make mistakes sometimes; everyone does. Good journalists will issue corrections and even apologize, if their reportage is incorrect enough to have gotten something seriously wrong.

But rather than actually challenging any of the supposedly "blatantly false or misleading" reporting that the NYT or any other media has done, Donny and his allies choose instead to have two minutes' hate for people who simply report his crimes and misdeeds.

It's just so revealing about the Donny mindset in so many ways.
Ringo

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟634,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I wish people would quit using the term democracy (mob rule) to describe the US, it's a republic.
Actually it's a democratic-republic, it operates on principles adopted from both a republic and a democracy.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A "real threat to democracy" is a president with skin thinner than tissue paper who declares journalists trying to do their job as "enemies of the people". He can dish it out, but he sure can't take it.

This is another example, in my mind, of many Trumpers having an extremely simplistic (almost naive) view of how the world works. Journalists make mistakes sometimes; everyone does. Good journalists will issue corrections and even apologize, if their reportage is incorrect enough to have gotten something seriously wrong.

But rather than actually challenging any of the supposedly "blatantly false or misleading" reporting that the NYT or any other media has done, Donny and his allies choose instead to have two minutes' hate for people who simply report his crimes and misdeeds.

It's just so revealing about the Donny mindset in so many ways.
Ringo

I think it's very hypocritical of Trump to complain about the New York Times when he has a long and well documented history of lying and he's been caught in so many lies since he was elected.

All False statements involving Donald Trump

Donald Trump masqueraded as publicist to brag about himself

Donald Trump's Long, Strange History of Using Fake Names | Fortune

President Trump has made 6,420 false or misleading claims over 649 days

• Agree
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wish people would quit using the term democracy (mob rule) to describe the US, it's a republic.

Actually the USA is a constitutional republic that happens to be a democracy just as Canada is a constitutional monarchy that also happens to be a democracy.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the New York time is just that and has been for a long time.
...which must be why it (as well as the Washington Post) are considered the "Newspaper of Record" for the United States.
Newspaper of record - Wikipedia
In this case I can only assume by "enemy of the people" the "people" would only be President Trump and anyone who thinks of him as the source for all truth? :scratch:
tulc(just got done making dirty rice for dinner in his instant pot) :)

• Agree
Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist

Trump's "enemy of the people" campaign against the media may be a precursor of his refusal to accept the results of the 2020 Election - should he lose!

If the Mueller Investigation concludes that he should be the subject to criminal persecution, Trump would have an added incentive not to vacate the White House voluntarily - given that under Department of Justice guidelines a "sitting president" can't be prosecuted until he/she leaves office!

By undermining the public's confidence in the media, Trump is taking the first steps in imposing an authoritarian administration!

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump needs to be booted from Twitter.

I think it would be very funny if Trump was banned from Twitter for violating the site guidelines. I can envision his head exploding in a fit of uncontrolled rage and his supporters so outraged and screaming for Twitter to be sued and/or shutdown. But he could scream and threaten all he wants, but if Twitter got him on a clear violation of their rules, then I'm not sure what he could do in retaliation. I can see all kinds of creative headlines reporting that Donald Trump has been banned from Twitter.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0