Maryland
✟45,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Celibate
Because nothing says "freedom" like a national day observing obedience to the state.
Did you read the article? It says nothing about "obedience to the state." Here are some excerpts:

President Donald Trump on Friday proclaimed May 1 as 'Loyalty Day' as a way to "recognize and reaffirm our allegiance to the principles" upon which America was built and express pride in those ideals...

“The United States stands as the world's leader in upholding the ideals of freedom, equality, and justice. Together, and with these fundamental concepts enshrined in our Constitution, our Nation perseveres in the face of those who would seek to harm it..."

"We are inspired by their [veterans] pride in our country's principles, their devotion to our freedom, and their solemn pledge to protect and defend our Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

The proclamation goes on to say that in order to express our country's loyalty to "individual liberties, to limited government, and to the inherent dignity of every human being," May 1 will be known as 'Loyalty Day.'
Sounds reasonable to me. It promotes reflection on freedom, equality, justice, constitutionalism, limited government, etc.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Right on, Trump!

Listen up all you Trump/conservative-hating atheists. God's people and Trump supporters have won a conservative majority victory, a political miracle! We are going to continue to win.

Are you upset with trumps proclamation? Well I take that as a good sign, then.

Thank you for presenting another opportunity for me to express my thanks to Trump's pro-American agenda.

Did you read the article? Maybe I missed something, but I see no reference to obedience to the state. It spoke of obedience to principles that were necessary for the founding of the greatest nation on earth.

If you should be dropped in the middle of Iran for a while, and providing you make it out alive and back to the States, you will probably hold that American flag while you're kissing American soil. Oh wait, maybe you do not have the privilege of living in the United States of America.

God's people are praying out the pharaohs, and praying in the Moseses.

Keep it up, Saints of God.

You need to get on your knees and repent. Except Christ as Lord and Savior. Your hour is drawing nigh.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Pro 29:1 HE, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not a chance of me being loyal at all. When the United States government starts to honor the hundreds of treaties it signed with the Native Nations, starts upholding Article VI its own Constitution on the issue of treaties that it has legally signed, and stops forcibly taking more and more tribal land for oil pipelines, fracking and big corporations that want to exploit the natural resources on tribal lands for sheer greed and monetary gain, then maybe my distaste for this country will not be as intense as it is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟903,440.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Right on, Trump!

Listen up all you Trump/conservative-hating atheists. God's people and Trump supporters have won a conservative majority victory, a political miracle! We are going to continue to win.

Are you upset with trumps proclamation? Well I take that as a good sign, then.

Thank you for presenting another opportunity for me to express my thanks to Trump's pro-American agenda.

Did you read the article? Maybe I missed something, but I see no reference to obedience to the state. It spoke of obedience to principles that were necessary for the founding of the greatest nation on earth.

If you should be dropped in the middle of Iran for a while, and providing you make it out alive and back to the States, you will probably hold that American flag while you're kissing American soil. Oh wait, maybe you do not have the privilege of living in the United States of America.

God's people are praying out the pharaohs, and praying in the Moseses.

Keep it up, Saints of God.

You need to get on your knees and repent. Except Christ as Lord and Savior. Your hour is drawing nigh.

Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Joh 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Joh 3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Joh 3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Joh 3:21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Pro 29:1 HE, that being often reproved hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.

upload_2017-4-28_21-55-42.gif

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Because nothing says "freedom" like a national day observing obedience to the state.

Trump proclaims May 1 as 'Loyalty Day'
"We humbly thank our brave service members and veterans who have worn our Nation's uniform from the American Revolution to the present day. Their unwavering loyalty and fidelity has made the world a safer, more free, and more just place. We are inspired by their pride in our country's principles, their devotion to our freedom, and their solemn pledge to protect and defend our Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Is this the same guy who disparaged John McCain's service because he got captured? I would rather someone who appreciated what it means for a pilot to go down and have to face 6 years as a POW. What's more that would take an act of Congress and the Freedom Caucus would oppose it because that's what they do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
Not a chance of me being loyal at all. When the United States government starts to honor the hundreds of treaties it signed with the Native Nations, starts upholding Article VI its own Constitution on the issue of treaties that it has legally signed, and stops forcibly taking more and more tribal land for oil pipelines, fracking and big corporations that want to exploit the natural resources on tribal lands for sheer greed and monetary gain, then maybe my distaste for this country will not be as intense as it is now.
You see, there you go. You probably regard the morality of national governments as equal, or something close to equal. Sorry, that does not work. If you could spend some time in the NK death camp, you would be much less likely to complain about governmental wrongdoing in the US or more importantly, show some loyalty to the principles that have made America great. Loyalty to principles. That's what Trump was apparently referring to.

Last edited:
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If you could spend some time in the NK death camp, you would be much less likely to complain about governmental wrongdoing in the US.
Other governments being more abusive doesn't pardon wrongdoing here.

Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
"We humbly thank our brave service members and veterans who have worn our Nation's uniform from the American Revolution to the present day. Their unwavering loyalty and fidelity has made the world a safer, more free, and more just place. We are inspired by their pride in our country's principles, their devotion to our freedom, and their solemn pledge to protect and defend our Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic."

Is this the same guy who disparaged John McCain's service because he got captured? I would rather someone who appreciated what it means for a pilot to go down and have to face 6 years as a POW. What's more that would take an act of Congress and the Freedom Caucus would oppose it because that's what they do.
Oh there you go. What a typical tactic used by folks who don't like Trump or his policies. How original.

You detract from Trumps good works by bringing up his past failures. How much Good does Trump have to do for liberals to stop complaining. I really wonder.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Did I suggest it did?
That was my takeaway from your post. If that's incorrect please tell me what you wanted to convey.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

AACJ

Please Pray
Nov 17, 2016
US
✟103,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
No, it's just an empty gesture.

Empty= none. I find emptiness everywhere.

Plenty of citizens with no appreciation for the principles that corresponded to the establishment and rise of the US.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,184,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You detract from Trumps good works by bringing up his past failures. How much Good does Trump have to do for liberals to stop complaining. I really wonder.

I'm best classed as a small l libertarian but I will stop complaining when I feel the president is acting in ways I find acceptable of a man entrusted with that office. It hasn't happened yet, I have little hope that it will.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh there you go. What a typical tactic used by folks who don't like Trump or his policies. How original.

First of all I'm not a liberal and secondly the man doesn't have fundamental insights into what it means to serve. He could start by apologizing from his callused, demeaning remarks or at least offer some coherent discussion that reflects fundamental insight. Guess that's too much to ask.

He's a one timer at best, the pendulum always swings.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

trackstacks

May 15, 2012
✟10,346.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's funny I have noticed that other people believe America cannot do anything right, they ignore our accomplishments and achievements the opportunity to live in a nation that has opportunity for a lot of people and has rule of law for the most part it's nice to go to the hospital if we need medical care and not have to resort to bribery just to get seven. On the other hand many people have a Pollyanna view of this country that we can do no same Hospital where you do not have to pay a bribe to get seen will crucify you financially for those services. we have committed a lot of Despicable Acts in our foreign policy, and there's an ever widening Gap between rich and poor

• Agree
Reactions: rambot
Upvote 0