Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Donald Trump broke out of his Twitter hibernation on Saturday afternoon just before flying off to Florida for a pair of fundraisers, and used the opportunity to declare himself the “greatest of all presidents.”

Attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for not passing his signature trade bill, Trump then went after Democrats for trying to impeach him — saying they were making a big mistake.
After quoting Fox News personality Peter Hegseth the president added voters “don’t want our greatest of all presidents impeached!”

Trump declares himself the ‘greatest of all presidents’ in manic tweetstorm attacking Pelosi and Democrats

The strain has broken him. What sane person, given the number of truly great men who have been president, would say something like that?

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Donald Trump broke out of his Twitter hibernation on Saturday afternoon just before flying off to Florida for a pair of fundraisers, and used the opportunity to declare himself the “greatest of all presidents.”

Attacking House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) for not passing his signature trade bill, Trump then went after Democrats for trying to impeach him — saying they were making a big mistake.
After quoting Fox News personality Peter Hegseth the president added voters “don’t want our greatest of all presidents impeached!”

Trump declares himself the ‘greatest of all presidents’ in manic tweetstorm attacking Pelosi and Democrats

The strain has broken him. What sane person, given the number of truly great men who have been president, would say something like that?

I just hope he doesn't "exalt himself above God". :eek:

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hmmm, you have to admit that he fell short of saying "I am the greatest of all Presidents".

But it would be both reasonable and truthful to assume that historically speaking, even the greatest of all Presidents have not had a 100% approval rating.

And when you add that to the fact that most of the major press associations are not in favor of President Trump to begin with, it's easier to see and understand the source of the negativity that he is up against.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I just hope he doesn't "exalt himself above God".

Closest I've seen is him describing himself as "the Chosen One." Maybe there's a tiny bit of caution left in there somewhere.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Closest I've seen is him describing himself as "the Chosen One." Maybe there's a tiny bit of caution left in there somewhere.

I hope he meant chosen as in elected.

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he also refers to himself by his name all the time as if he's talking about another person

have never heard anyone I know refer to themselves by their name when talking

do you say "I did this" or "(insert your name) did this"

it's very odd

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
he also refers to himself by his name all the time as if he's talking about another person

it's very odd

(Barbarian considers)

No, I don't think so...:|

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

straykat

Apr 17, 2018
Catacombs
✟22,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Most of the time he just does it to get people to talk about him and/or distract them from something else more important. Besides just being a real estate guy, he's been in media most of his of life. He knows how to manipulate the news cycle. And you all fall for it every time.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

it's very odd
Well...
tulc(...doesn't think it's all THAT odd) :sorry:

• Haha
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Must be a slow news cycle, huh @The Barbarian? LOL

If any other president said it, it would be major news. But it's Trump, and as Mark Twain put it, such a thing with him is like spots on a hyena. No one really notices one more.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He knows how to manipulate the news cycle. And you all fall for it every time.
Most of us are capable of doing both, pay attention to the reality of what's going on and his distractions. We can even compartmentalize them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
“greatest of all presidents.”

Guess that's better than thinking he's the worst?
M

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Guess that's better than thinking he's the worst?
M
Yeah, because who'd want him to suddenly start being accurate this late in his term? :D
tulc(sorry, if the ball is all teed up so nicely it would be a sin to not go ahead and hit it) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
in his term? :D

tulc(sorry, if the ball is all teed up so nicely it would be a sin to not go ahead and hit it) :sorry:

Which term are you talking about?
This one?
Or his next one?
Just curious?
M

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which term are you talking about?
This one?
Or his next one?
Just curious?
M
I wouldn't want to speculate what his term in prison was going to look like so I'm just concentrating on his term in office right now. :wave:
tulc(M-Bob is really going to have to stop teeing these things up so much) :sorry:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟953,784.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He's been saying things like that since before he was in office ...

Upvote 0