Trump critics have criticized Trump for expressing hope, but what does Dr Fauci say?

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Trump critics have criticized Trump for expressing hope in these difficult times. But what does Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force say?

'The president is talking about hope for people and it's not an unreasonable thing to hope for people,' Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said at the daily press briefing.

Hope is a wonderful thing when it is addressed in the proper context. So Dr. Fauci can give some credit to trump for hope but does not deny the misinformation that trump revels in. So as you so often call for...here is the proper context:

Q: Most everyone thinks that you’re doing a remarkable job, but you’re standing there as the representative of truth and facts, and things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual.

Dr. Fauci: The way it happened is that after he made that statement [suggesting China could have revealed the discovery of a new coronavirus 3 to 4 months earlier], I told the appropriate people, it doesn’t comport, because 2 or 3 months earlier would have been September. The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he’s going to say, they will say, “By the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don’t say that.” But I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down. OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.

‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hope is a wonderful thing when it is addressed in the proper context. So Dr. Fauci can give some credit to trump for hope but does not deny the misinformation that trump revels in. So as you so often call for...here is the proper context:

Q: Most everyone thinks that you’re doing a remarkable job, but you’re standing there as the representative of truth and facts, and things are being said that aren’t true and aren’t factual.

Dr. Fauci: The way it happened is that after he made that statement [suggesting China could have revealed the discovery of a new coronavirus 3 to 4 months earlier], I told the appropriate people, it doesn’t comport, because 2 or 3 months earlier would have been September. The next time they sit down with him and talk about what he’s going to say, they will say, “By the way, Mr. President, be careful about this and don’t say that.” But I can’t jump in front of the microphone and push him down. OK, he said it. Let’s try and get it corrected for the next time.

‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic
Your conversation has been edited, the article itself says so. Im not sure how that is proper context. So according to this interview, the president had his timeline wrong. People make mistakes. Joe Biden and Mike Bloomberg made worse mistakes. This issue is very confusing for everyone right now. Everyone is demanding answers, and politicizing this crisis, and playing the blame game when instead we need to sit back, be patient, and wait till later to play the blame game when all the details come out.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your conversation has been edited, the article itself says so. Im not sure how that is proper context. So according to this interview, the president had his timeline wrong. People make mistakes. Joe Biden and Mike Bloomberg made worse mistakes. This issue is very confusing for everyone right now. Everyone is demanding answers, and politicizing this crisis, and playing the blame game when instead we need to sit back, be patient, and wait till later to play the blame game when all the details come out.

Someone wrote an article stating that my conversation has been edited?

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There is not much realistic probability that any large amount of people are that stupid as to behave recklessly only because Donald Trump of all people said something was going to be great.

As a Christian I'd say at least he's opening the door for God to become involved.

“If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Mk 9:23

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the article says that the conversation contained in that article has been edited.

Can you show me where since the interview that Dr. Fauci has claimed the interview was "taken out of context" or "slanted" or poorly "edited" for clarity and brevity? Were you aware that many if not most interviews are edited...for clarity and brevity?

Simple, the comments made by Fauci would have concerned trump...so where are the claims that the interview was not accurate?

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Can you show me where since the interview that Dr. Fauci has claimed the interview was "taken out of context" or "slanted" or poorly "edited" for clarity and brevity? Were you aware that many if not most interviews are edited...for clarity and brevity?

Simple, the comments made by Fauci would have concerned trump...so where are the claims that the interview was not accurate?
This is what your article says

This interview has been edited for brevity and clarity. ‘I’m going to keep pushing.’ Anthony Fauci tries to make the White House listen to facts of the pandemic

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, finally you get it! The key words "tries to make the White House listen to facts" … obviously Fauci has had to undertaken quite a task.
The article is bias and it has been edited. I dont know about you but i dont want reporters editing conversations.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The article is bias and it has been edited. I dont know about you but i dont want reporters editing conversations.

All articles and interviews are edited...the Bible is edited. If a person is asked a question and their response is "Well, yeah, uh, in most of, uh, these cases there is a, uh, clear indication that is very, very uh, pronounced that, uh, would require, uh, immediate intervention, I believe." now when that is edited to "In most cases there is a clear indication that is very pronounced requiring immediate intervention." That is edited for clarity and brevity...the meaning is made clear and is absolutely in accordance with the person's intent.

It is interesting how often you and others choose to edit trump's comments by use of such excuses as "context"- without consideration of multiple similar comments, speculating on meaning, evasions from the plain wording, accusing others of invoking "left wing" bias, the old "how about" insert name _____, and other such nonsense.

Until you are capable of proof that the editing twisted Fauci's comments or in any way were falsely stated.. it stands as a valid interview with him.

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

But if its edited, how can we know that their editing was done in an objective manner? I have seen full interviews on the net and they dont contain such a warning.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But if its edited, how can we know that their editing was done in an objective manner? I have seen full interviews on the net and they dont contain such a warning.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole... you have been show what is involved with editing, and that it is common practice. There is absolutely no evidence that Fauci's comments were twisted or skewed for political purposes. The interview was not from a political site, this entire thread demonstrates that your OP is easily refuted!

Upvote 0

Need answers

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
✟19,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not going down this rabbit hole... you have been show what is involved with editing, and that it is common practice. There is absolutely no evidence that Fauci's comments were twisted or skewed for political purposes. The interview was not from a political site, this entire thread demonstrates that your OP is easily refuted!
Some journalists are writing their bias opinion of Trumps words instead of actually facts. So forgive me for not trusting them to objectively edit a conversation

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump critics have criticized Trump for expressing hope in these difficult times. But what does Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force say?

'The president is talking about hope for people and it's not an unreasonable thing to hope for people,' Dr Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and a member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said at the daily press briefing.

Downplaying a serious issue is not promoting hope, however tactful Dr Fauci might have to be. Hope comes from working together to overcome a challenge, not pretending there is no challenge to begin with.

Upvote 0

Jamsie

Supporter
Aug 2, 2017
Vermont
✟324,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Some journalists are writing their bias opinion of Trumps words instead of actually facts. So forgive me for not trusting them to objectively edit a conversation

So then consider use a little reason to sort through material. One is capable of watching the news and separating fact from punditry. Whoever "them" is it would seem you should have no opinions whatsoever!

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟811,949.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Just where is the proof that this was the case?

Upvote 0