Trump Could Be The Most Honest POTUS In Modern History

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Better than ‘telling a lie about what you intend to do’ in the first place – and then making-up bogus info for any whys that come up.

Well now, that depends on what the real why is... why hide your intentions if they're good?

What president hasn’t felt the need to be popular, even to the point of embellishing things let's say?

There's a difference between embellishing and fabricating...

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, he's the President... you're not.
Do you guys ever come up with anything original or do you just take all your talking points directly from Trump?

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
There's a truth to this: Donald doesn't lie about what's he's going to do -- he makes up bogus facts and statistics to lie about why he's doing it, and of course, lies about it after the fact to make it seem so much greater than it is (as the article itself shows).

The man needs to be popular, and when he lies (which is still often; make no mistake), it's a means to that end.

Still not really true. All the time we hear Trump refute rumors that he's going to fire X, only to have Trump fire X later that week. He's lied about what he's going to do in situations like that multiple times.

He said he was going to release his taxes after he was elected. He lied about what he was going to do.

He said he was going to sit down with Mueller. He lied about what he was going to do.

There are plenty more examples.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
As you said, "Donald doesn't lie about what's he's going to do --"

...just the why... makes me think there's an angle here we're not supposed to see.

A man can do a good thing... and still skim a little off the top for himself... after all, is he not entitled, seeing as how much good he's done?

(And for the record, I don't necessarily agree with everything he promised to do)

I guess that would fall under 'the eye of the beholder' thing.

Not if you're telling whoppers out of whole cloth...

Case in point -- Donald pulled the plug on the Iran nuclear deal, as promised... now, should he have? That's debatable. But certainly the reasons he offered were nonsense. Iran was not in violation of the deal, and Donald has demonstrated (having purchased the Brooklyn Bridge from Russia, North Korea, and now Saudi Arabia), that he can't negotiate a better deal.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Still not really true. All the time we hear Trump refute rumors that he's going to fire X, only to have Trump fire X later that week. He's lied about what he's going to do in situations like that multiple times.

He said he was going to release his taxes after he was elected. He lied about what he was going to do.

He said he was going to sit down with Mueller. He lied about what he was going to do.

There are plenty more examples.

Donald lies to the press... not to his base -- he is honest with the people he needs to follow him without question... and the press asks too many darn questions...

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist
Donald lies to the press... not to his base -- he is honest with the people he needs to follow him without question... and the press asks too many darn questions...

Does him telling his supporters at a campaign rally that 200 soldiers have already been returned from North Korea well over a month before they received any bodies count as lying about his actions to his base?

I understand what you're saying. He's been honest to his base that he wasn't going to play along in world politics as past presidents have - although if you break his claim down further, he claims to be tough, yet coddles dictators such as Kim Jong Un and Putin. He's been honest in regards to his Supreme Court appointees. That being said,being honest about your intentions only within certain context hardly puts him in contention for "the most honest POTUS in history".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Does him telling his supporters at a campaign rally that 200 soldiers have already been returned from North Korea well over a month before they received any bodies count as lying about his actions to his base?

I understand what you're saying. He's been honest to his base that he wasn't going to play along in world politics as past presidents have - although if you break his claim down further, he claims to be tough, yet coddles dictators such as Kim Jong Un and Putin. He's been honest in regards to his Supreme Court appointees. That being said,being honest about your intentions only within certain context hardly puts him in contention for "the most honest POTUS in history".

Oh, I agree wholeheartedly with your assessment... part of me suspects that the article is poking a bit of fun at Donald's tendency for hyperbole...

Not that he'd have read much past the title... an attention span is not one of his virtues.

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You guys just don’t get it for some reason. These bad boys have been shut down by President Trump. They’re no longer pushing us with nuclear threats, and wouldn’t dare. They’re not buzzing our ships with fly-byes, nor would they for one second consider seizing one of our vessels. They’re not taking our lunch money anymore. What part of standing up to a bully do you not understand? This is going to be really hard for you to grasp, but they respect President Trump, even if you don’t, and you’re much safer whether you realize it or not.

• Winner
Reactions: Truthfrees
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you guys ever come up with anything original or do you just take all your talking points directly from Trump?

I don't think they come up with their own talking points. I've heard several of his loyal supporters talk just like him... they use profanity to insult political opponents, they have demeaned women, they have mocked a woman's appearance, they brag about their sexual exploits, they use the same racial slur to insult Elizabeth Warren, they insult and degrade people who disagree with their conservative politics, and they lash out and verbally attack anyone who dares to criticize Trump. I know a few of them who have no problem whatsoever with him groping women or with his multiple affairs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You guys just don’t get it for some reason. These bad boys have been shut down by President Trump. They’re no longer pushing us with nuclear threats, and wouldn’t dare. They’re not buzzing our ships with fly-byes, nor would they for one second consider seizing one of our vessels. They’re not taking our lunch money anymore. What part of standing up to a bully do you not understand? This is going to be really hard for you to grasp, but they respect President Trump, even if you don’t, and you’re much safer whether you realize it or not.

Cool story, bro... it would appear that appeasement is "standing up" as long as your followers see you talk tough...

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

If Donald Trump ran as a Democrat and he won the presidential election as a Democrat, the Christian Religious Right would have attacked him for having multiple affairs, for having an affair with a inappropriate content star and paying her off to silence her, for being in his third marriage to his former mistress, for fathering five children with three different women, for joking about dating his daughter, for bragging about watching young teenage girls getting undressed during a beauty pageant, and for bragging about groping multiple women, including married women. I seriously doubt that they would have called his boastful and egotistical bragging about groping these women 'locker room banter' either.

And how do I know the Christian Religious Right would have attacked Donald Trump for his sexual deviant behavior and his sexual scandals? I know this because they continuously attacked, shamed, and shunned Bill Clinton for his sexual deviant behavior and sexual scandals. But Bill Clinton was a Democratic liberal president and Trump ran his presidential campaign as a Republican conservative.

Just imagine the moral indignation and outrage of the Christian Religious Right if Barack Obama had had the slighest hint of sexual deviant behavior and had sexual scandals as Donald Trump while he was still in the White House. Just imagine the moral indignation and outrage of the Christian Religious Right if Obama had been in his third marriage to a former mistress or if he had had an affair with a inappropriate content star and then paid her off to silence her or if he had joked about dating his daughter or bragged about watching young girls getting undressed or had bragged about groping multiple women.

Upvote 0