Trump condems anti-Semitism...but takes no action?

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I didn't want to derail my own thread earlier by responding to this, but since it is now completely off the tracks, here goes.

I think the jury is still out on whether Trump is a Christian, and even more whether he is "orthodox". .
Somehow, I feel sure that in your fairness, you have no problem with anyone declaring the jury is out on your own Christianity?

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My point is these corporations are wasting their time, it a loss trying to Democratize these folks, they should of just took the oil when we went into Iraq.
What makes you think for an iota of a second that corporations give a hoot about democracy when the only difference between Republicans & Democrats is the velocity with which their knees hit the floor when corporations come knocking?

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
What makes you think for an iota of a second that corporations give a hoot about democracy when the only difference between Republicans & Democrats is the velocity with which their knees hit the floor when corporations come knocking?

If the public knew how often and FAST all parties bend the knee for money interests...

Perhaps, then, people would be hip to their real goal: subjugation and control through division of people, making sure we fight each other instead of a common enemy.

• Winner
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Somehow, I feel sure that in your fairness, you have no problem with anyone declaring the jury is out on your own Christianity?
No problem at all. It is not for me to determine.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Holy Spirit would more likely be the one to give you advice on what is needed, in my totally biased opinion. ;)
It is not a secret that Trump thinks he can solve every problem, can do everything needed to be done, all by himself. A view like that leaves no room for God. So far, he has given me no indication that I am wrong.

I do look to the Holy Spirit for guidance, every day. I doubt that Trump gives it a thought.

Hey, here is a question: Do we know if Trump has attended a Sunday church service since becoming President? If not, has he arranged for some type of prayer service at the WH or at the Southern WH on a Saturday or Sunday? We know that he has been playing golf most Sunday mornings, so I guess he could invite a minister along and have a quick prayer over an 18' putt.

• Haha
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think he is referring to Reince Priebus and not Trump.
Does any else's skin crawl when they see and hear Priebus? I thought it was just me, but my wife said she has the same reaction. He sort of reminds me of Peter Lorre in the German classic movie, "M".

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Does any else's skin crawl when they see and hear Priebus? I thought it was just me, but my wife said she has the same reaction. He sort of reminds me of Peter Lorre in the German classic movie, "M".
I'd have to say "no."

Now, Harry Reid or John Podesta, who was Hillary's campaign chairman, on the other hand...they come close.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is not a secret that Trump thinks he can solve every problem, can do everything needed to be done, all by himself. A view like that leaves no room for God. So far, he has given me no indication that I am wrong.

I do look to the Holy Spirit for guidance, every day. I doubt that Trump gives it a thought.

Hey, here is a question: Do we know if Trump has attended a Sunday church service since becoming President? If not, has he arranged for some type of prayer service at the WH or at the Southern WH on a Saturday or Sunday? We know that he has been playing golf most Sunday mornings, so I guess he could invite a minister along and have a quick prayer over an 18' putt.
Church attendance litmus test.
Mhm.
Or else!

... aren't the best golf courses in heaven?

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
News Flash! In the middle of a BBC story I just read was a line about the FBI investigating the string of threats.
Hooray!

The story was about the emotional effects on children at Jewish care centers of repeated bomb threats. How can a child understand and deal with the idea that someone wants to kill them?

Psychological terrorism can leave scars too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
News Flash! In the middle of a BBC story I just read was a line about the FBI investigating the string of threats.
Hooray!

The story was about the emotional effects on children at Jewish care centers of repeated bomb threats. How can a child understand and deal with the idea that someone wants to kill them?

Psychological terrorism can leave scars too.

Perhaps you should edit your OP to reflect this.

• Useful
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you should edit your OP to reflect this.
I think I will wait until an official actually says this. We can't trust the media, since they are biased, have their own agenda and lie all the time, right?

• Haha
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Non Sequitur
Just because Trump did not list any investigations he is ordering to be conducting does not mean he will not protect Jewish Americans.

Poisoning the Well
Even before they click the link, your wording has completely poisoned people against anything they read. You're using MSN as a source, I'm pretty sure you don't need to further prime them to hate Trump before reading the piece.

Ad Hominem
You reference slander and lies against Sessions here. Guess what, you can insult Trump every day 'til Judgement Day and that's between you and the Lord, but when I heard about how horrible Sessions was, I actually bothered to do research on him. He's not racist, he's not a bigot, and he's not evil. In fact, he's the exact opposite. He's one of the few Trump picks that I like, and I will debate you six-ways-to-Sunday on this.

Argument From Silence
With everyone. In fact, this could be the title of the thread. Just because someone does not announce an investigation, doesn't mean there are none. Perhaps the local authorities already have leads, perhaps they're struggling to find them, or perhaps there's video evidence that an alien came down and did it. We don't know. To take that and turn it into "AMERIKKKA, amirite?" is a huge leap in logic.
I didn't respond to this earlier, as I saw it as just commentary, not a question or argument. But here goes.

Trump cannot "protect" Jews or anyone else by himself. I don't see Trump standing guard in front of a synagogue or community center. Certain law enforcement agencies, like the FBI, can do something, but are also limited. Words do nothing to stop extremists.

Re: Sessions. I am going on his history and what many others say about him. I see no reason to disbelieve them. Bad, bad choice for AG. Even if he actually enforces laws fairly and uniformly, he still leaves many people with doubts, concerns and fears.

Your point that "we don't know" what law enforcement is doing is exactly my point. Thanks for agreeing with me. Again, local police can't do a lot when the threats could be coming from anywhere. They can investigate vandalism locally. But if this is a multi-state problem, the FBI should be involved. And if they are (which is likely), this needs to be stated, loud and clear.

If I am "poisoning the well" then I have a great teacher, by the name of Trump. He's the pro. But using MSN as my source was a convenience, as all the media had stories about what is happening, and about Trump's comments. I used the link to provide some info, not to back up an argument. But in checking various sources I found no mention of actual federal law enforcement action, until the one reference I cited. Which was the impetus for the thread, since that should have been front and center.

Maybe the FBI is way too busy investigating the connections that Trump's advisors and staff may have with Russia to devote a lot of manpower on White Supremacist, anti-Semitic and racist terrorism in our country? (this last sentence intended as satire)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Maybe the FBI is way too busy investigating the connections that Trump's advisors and staff may have with Russia to devote a lot of manpower on White Supremacist, anti-Semitic and racist terrorism in our country?

Lol, now that's a desperate stretch!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Trump condemned anti-Semitism today--finally--but strangely took no action to investigate the spate of threats and vandalism.

Sorry, his title is President, as in President Trump.
If it were Officer Trump or Detective Trump, maybe you would have a point.
There are jurisdictional boundaries, though I know many want the feds to be all-powerful.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, his title is President, as in President Trump.
If it were Officer Trump or Detective Trump, maybe you would have a point.
There are jurisdictional boundaries, though I know many want the feds to be all-powerful.
This type of crime, occurring across state borders, is one reason for the FBI. It is beyond the jurisdiction and capabilities of local and state law enforcement. There is an indication that the FBI is on it, but I would like to hear a definite statement. From the FBI, the AG, or the WH.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lol, now that's a desperate stretch!
It was meant as satirical humor. I really didn't think I needed to label it as such, but I will in the future.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CyberPaladin

Veteran
Dec 2, 2005
✟53,287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This type of crime, occurring across state borders, is one reason for the FBI. It is beyond the jurisdiction and capabilities of local and state law enforcement. There is an indication that the FBI is on it, but I would like to hear a definite statement. From the FBI, the AG, or the WH.

I found statement from the victims that the FBI has been involved in the investigation not sure why they're keeping a low profile.

In the previous threats, David Posner, the director of strategic performance of the JCC Association of North America, said community centers in United States and Canada have received 69 threats at 54 centers since January. The organization is working with law enforcement and the FBI to investigate the threats.
Vandals damage 100 headstones at Jewish cemetery, police say

Also while not related to the bomb threats on the 17th the FBI arrested this freak in gun buying sting who seems like was going to target a synagogue.

Feds arrest man for allegedly planning Dylann Roof-style attack

• Informative
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I can't completely disagree with what you have to say, but my opinion is that you have an unrealistic idea of how the presidency is more than a part of the fig leaf of democracy being held in place over a Deep State tyranny of financial and military interests.
Just my opinion.
Enjoying your enthusiasm for the subject.

Upvote 0