Trump condems anti-Semitism...but takes no action?

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump addresses JCC threats, anti-Semitism

Trump condemned anti-Semitism today--finally--but strangely took no action to investigate the spate of threats and vandalism.
Condemnation is an action.
Resources aren't bottomless especially for an oversensitive, too-common complaint.
It's similar to the situation with Catholicism on these forums.
Any criticism is instantly conflated into "anti-Catholicism'.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey, when Trump talked about anti-Semitism today, where was he? Was her at the Holocaust Museum? Nope. Was he at a synagogue? Nope. Has he been to the Holocaust Museum? Don't think so. Why not? Hmmm...Is he loathe to offend all his Holocaust-denying and anti-Semitic supporters? Maybe not, but he doesn't do much or say much to distance himself from them, does he?

I wish a reporter would ask Trump or one of his surrogates about what action the administration is taking. So far, they seem to be missing that. If I were at a press conference, that would be my first question. "What are you actually doing about it?"
Maybe he doesn't want to encourage his rabid Zionist friends.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Trump addresses JCC threats, anti-Semitism

Trump condemned anti-Semitism today--finally--but strangely took no action to investigate the spate of threats and vandalism.

He did not say that we was ordering the AG to look into the continuing threats or acts of vandalism..

NOW you care that the prez didn't mobilize all forces immediately. Obama didn't even acknowledge similar atrocities, and in some cases went on vacation hoping it would all blow over before he had to do anything.

Upvote 0

lben

Dec 27, 2010
Ashtabula, OH
✟14,231.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Hey, when Trump talked about anti-Semitism today, where was he? Was her at the Holocaust Museum? Nope. Was he at a synagogue? Nope. Has he been to the Holocaust Museum? Don't think so. Why not? Hmmm...Is he loathe to offend all his Holocaust-denying and anti-Semitic supporters? Maybe not, but he doesn't do much or say much to distance himself from them, does he?

I wish a reporter would ask Trump or one of his surrogates about what action the administration is taking. So far, they seem to be missing that. If I were at a press conference, that would be my first question. "What are you actually doing about it?"
You must have missed it. He spoke out on the remembrance day for the holocaust. He didn't mention Jews in particular because they were not the only ones butchered and tortured and murdered by the Nazis. He has a son in law that is an Orthodox Jew. He is anything but anti-Semitic. He doesn't care who he offends. I'm sure the justice department is already on this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
You must have missed it. He was at the Holocaust Museum in the recent past. He has a son in law that is an Orthodox Jew. He is anything but anti-Semitic. He doesn't care who he offends. I'm sure the justice department is already on this.

No, a certain segment knows this, but is still pushing the anti-Semite angle. I'm not saying the OP is, just that it is out there, and really disgusting.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Apart from that, what should he do? Is local law enforcement/FBI not capable of investigation and apprehension?

According to him, ICE wasn't without him.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, that was a tangential argument point.

One could easily argue that "Latinos" have been actively fighting against the occupation, and theft of the native land by persons whom their ancestors trusted as visitors - not conquerors and imperialists who justify their trail of "activity."

I am a bit alarmed that one would think gangs happen from a vacuum of seemingly pure evil - and not from the same deep (if not, deeper) political and socioeconomic issues of pain that the "average" person worries about.

If that is the angle, the it is understandable why there is now an "extermination or exile" mentality in the States.

I suppose it would cost too much time and energy to genuinely come from a place of understanding about critical issues - past, present and future? (In other words, who cares?)

Really, this native land stuff is getting old, everyone on earth has had their land stolen from them, the Greeks lost Constantinople, the Copts lost Egypt, Germans lost much of their country after the two World Wars, Hungary lost 70% of their land after ww1, the Indians in Mexico loses land to the government there, the Native Americans lost land, yet I don't see a bunch of terrorist gangs by these folks beating up defenseless innocent working class people. It seem the better case to be made is these gangs and cartel represent a reconquestia attitude in some of the Hispanic community within our sovereign borders, no wonder why Trump got elected!

Reactions: Albion
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really, this native land stuff is getting old, everyone on earth has had their land stolen from them, the Greeks lost Constantinople, the Copts lost Egypt, Germans lost much of their country after the two World Wars, Hungary lost 70% of their land after ww1, the Indians in Mexico loses land to the government there, the Native Americans lost land, yet I don't see a bunch of terrorist gangs by these folks beating up defenseless innocent working class people. It seem the better case to be made is these gangs and cartel represent a reconquestia attitude in some of the Hispanic community within our sovereign borders, no wonder why Trump got elected!
Wow, this everybody-is-guilty-so-don't-complain stuff is totally gross.
The social disorder in South and Central America is a direct result of American military interference on behalf of corporations in the early 20th century. "War Is A Rackett" by Marine Major General Smedley Butler iterates how he was nothing more than a gangster for corporate interests.

Flip attitudes and shallow nationalism don't help.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow, this everybody-is-guilty-so-don't-complain stuff is totally gross.
The social disorder in South and Central America is a direct result of American military interference on behalf of corporations in the early 20th century. "War Is A Rackett" by Marine Major General Smedley Butler iterates how he was nothing more than a gangster for corporate interests.

Flip attitudes and shallow nationalism don't help.

hey I think our interventions were a waste in most cases, we can't make people want so called Social Democracy, when they want to live in tribalist communities, and third world autocracy. it a waste of treasure, time, and lives of Americans.

It not nationalism to point out other people hypocrisy , when they cry persecution, after they riot, and loot. I'm starting to think we need to disperse the Hispanic community across the nation, instead of all bunched together in the Southwest, so they integrate in American society.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hey I think our interventions were a waste in most cases, we can't make people want so called Social Democracy, when they want to live in tribalist communities, and third world autocracy. it a waste of treasure, time, and lives of Americans.
Not in the opinions of the corporations who gained millions in profits, or in the minds of the politicians that were given generous "campaign contributions" to enable it.
You hit all the emotional buttons but don't follow the money.

• Agree
Reactions: Ygrene Imref
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not in the opinions of the corporations who gained millions in profits, or in the minds of the politicians that were given generous "campaign contributions" to enable it.
You hit all the emotional buttons but don't follow the money.

My point is these corporations are wasting their time, it a loss trying to Democratize these folks, they should of just took the oil when we went into Iraq.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Funny that the head of the JEWISH state of Israel thinks very highly of Trump.
Because he a nationalist who looks after the interests of his nation, Nations are moving away from Wilsonian Global Democracy, and back to the 19th century realist spheres of influence.

Upvote 0

Ygrene Imref

Feb 21, 2017
New York, NY
✟70,839.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

It isn't getting old because people continue to do it.

Ignorance is what perpetuates it. Sensitivity to the discussion of its REALITY is what gives it power.

Just because imperialism, genocide, theft, and slavery are historical motifs doesn't mean their application and modernity should be ignored - or set aside as "an old" story. No matter how repetitive it is.

In fact, the repetitiveness of it is a testament and a commentary on humanity itself - to blithely or ignorantly allow such atrocities to happen in and out of context, just because it has become an accepted part of life.

One can't understand any type of opposition without investing interest and intellectual resource in determining and understanding the root in the first place.

"Terrorists" aren't just terrorists, foe example, because they hate freedom, or America - or even Israel. There are reasons - subtle and overt - that generate disdain and enmity. It doesn't happen in a vacuum. To pretend only one side is responsible is folly.

Now, is that an endorsement of terrorism? Absolutely not.

Can I understand how a bunch of people would want to seek revenge for a country continuously exiling and killing ethnic persons who have thousands of years of ties to particular lands? Absolutely.

This "boogeyman-innocent" psychological approach to terrorism is what is truly damaging. It hides true terrorists in plain sight of people.

• Agree
Reactions: Rick Otto
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BubbaJack

Dec 24, 2016
Deep South
✟27,403.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
"Terrorists" aren't just terrorists, foe example, because they hate freedom, or America - or even Israel. There are reasons - subtle and overt - that generate disdain and enmity. It doesn't happen in a vacuum. To pretend only one side is responsible is folly.

Soft defense of terrorism noted. Tell me, does it bother you less when its little white arms and legs blow off then others?

Now, is that an endorsement of terrorism? Absolutely not.

Its closer to an endorsement than the outright condemnation of it.

Can I understand how a bunch of people would want to seek revenge for a country continuously exiling and killing ethnic persons who have thousands of years of ties to particular lands? Absolutely.

Soft justification of terrorism noted.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Haven't you heard? America's in real trouble -- it's practically a disaster area, and only he can save it....

Or do you not believe that among our numerous catastrophes, we're being overrun with illegals?

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Haven't you heard? America's in real trouble -- it's practically a disaster area, and only he can save it....

Or do you not believe that among our numerous catastrophes, we're being overrun with illegals?

Yes, being overuned with Muslim & south of the border immigrants, with the aiding ,and abetting by Rinos, and leftists, which are acts of treason against this Constitutional Republic (not a democracy BTW).

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, being overuned with Muslim & south of the border immigrants, with the aiding ,and abetting by Rinos, and leftists, which are acts of treason against this Constitutional Republic (not a democracy BTW).

Rinos and leftists are committing treason -- got it.

Trump had better get cracking, then -- no time to lose!

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Rinos and leftists are committing treason -- got it.

Trump had better get cracking, then -- no time to lose!

I hope he does, the country still at war, aiding, and abetting the enemy is treason, these are modern day Tokyo Rose's

Upvote 0