Trump condems anti-Semitism...but takes no action?

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump addresses JCC threats, anti-Semitism

Trump condemned anti-Semitism today--finally--but strangely took no action to investigate the spate of threats and vandalism.

He did not say that we was ordering the AG to look into the continuing threats or acts of vandalism.

He did not say that the FBI was ramping up an investigation to find out who is behind the threats.

Attorney General Sessions has been (not so strangely) silent about this issue, saying nothing about what the Justice Department is doing or will be doing.

We have heard nothing from FBI Director Comey about what his agency is doing to investigate these incidents and arrest the perpetrators.

So, my sad conclusion is this: My dear Jewish friends, don't expect our own government to come to your assistance, to protect you, to stop these crimes. You are on your own. But maybe, if someone blows up a synagogue or community center and kills a whole bunch of people, then Trump and the people we expect to protect ALL Americans may actually take some action. Sad to say it may be the only way to get anything more than empty words out of the White House.

• Haha
Reactions: lben

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trump addresses JCC threats, anti-Semitism

Trump condemned anti-Semitism today--finally--but strangely took no action to investigate the spate of threats and vandalism.

He did not say that we was ordering the AG to look into the continuing threats or acts of vandalism.

He did not say that the FBI was ramping up an investigation to find out who is behind the threats.

Attorney General Sessions has been (not so strangely) silent about this issue, saying nothing about what the Justice Department is doing or will be doing.

We have heard nothing from FBI Director Comey about what his agency is doing to investigate these incidents and arrest the perpetrators.

So, my sad conclusion is this: My dear Jewish friends, don't expect our own government to come to your assistance, to protect you, to stop these crimes. You are on your own. But maybe, if someone blows up a synagogue or community center and kills a whole bunch of people, then Trump and the people we expect to protect ALL Americans may actually take some action. Sad to say it may be the only way to get anything more than empty words out of the White House.

He using the bully pulpit to make it clear that anti-semitism is nasty, and horrible, however Trump can't win on this issue, if he does something, he will be bashed as a dictator, like he already is by some on the other side, if he does nothing at all, he is a White supremacist sympathizer in the minds of good willed, yet misguided folks on here. Look President Trump is pro-Israeli in foreign policy for the most part more so than former Presidents Obama & Clinton, his daughter, and son on law are Jewish, many Jews voted for him, the Jewish community was split between him, it caused tensions in the American Jewish community. So using the bully pulpit without going too far with federal power is the right thing to do, only if the democrats could keep on a leash the anti-Christian, and anti-white working class militants within their ranks to set a example for the rest of us to follow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed the effort to neutralize Christianity under Obama. It was a world-wide effort. He neutralized Israel. Now we are reversing all of that, thank God.
Thanks, but I think you're replying to the wrong thread. If you want to reply to this one, please read the OP and the link. Thanks. Hope you find the thread you intended to post on.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So using the bully pulpit without going too far with federal power is the right thing to do,
Huh? "Going too far"? I understand that it is the role of the Justice Department and FBI to investigate these types of crimes. It has been done many times when hate crimes have occurred, especially where they may be occurring across state lines (my thought is that a few people in one area may be making bomb threats to Jewish facilities all over the U.S. They don't have to be local). I doubt that Trump's words will stop people who are intent on fomenting anti-Semitism.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,108,653.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I noticed the effort to neutralize Christianity under Obama. It was a world-wide effort. He neutralized Israel. Now we are reversing all of that, thank God.
Why every time there is a discussion about what is going on TODAY does someone bring up what some other President did in the past. It really isn't helpful or pertinent to the conversation.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
News & Current Events.
Right forum, but obviously the wrong thread. I am basing that assumption on the belief that you are of at least average intelligence and can see that what you posted had absolutely nothing to do with the OP. So, giving you the benefit of human error, I was politely suggesting that you posted your comment on the wrong thread.

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Huh? "Going too far"? I understand that it is the role of the Justice Department and FBI to investigate these types of crimes. It has been done many times when hate crimes have occurred, especially where they may be occurring across state lines (my thought is that a few people in one area may be making bomb threats to Jewish facilities all over the U.S. They don't have to be local). I doubt that Trump's words will stop people who are intent on fomenting anti-Semitism.

Then it the power of the local authorities to stop these folks, a Synagogue hasn't been attacked yet at all, so far it just seem like some unstable folks making empty threats, anti-semitism is sad, and horrible, yet there is bigger fish to fry, with the rampant Christianphobia in the country, and the terrible violent anti-white black nationalist folks like BLM, Nation of Islam, the New Black Panthers, etc.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why every time there is a discussion about what is going on TODAY does someone bring up what some other President did in the past. It really isn't helpful or pertinent to the conversation.
It is part of the strategy. Don't actually address the question but change the subject and attack someone else.

I have quickly learned that this forum is home to many people who have a basic problem in focusing on the actual topic or question. I suspect some kind of pandemic learning disability...some researcher will probably label it "Trump-itis".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right forum, but obviously the wrong thread. I am basing that assumption on the belief that you are of at least average intelligence and can see that what you posted had absolutely nothing to do with the OP. So, giving you the benefit of human error, I was politely suggesting that you posted your comment on the wrong thread.
Trump endorses Israel and speaks out against anti-Semitism. I'm sure there are cabinet members and other staff that are looking into the matter.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is part of the strategy. Don't actually address the question but change the subject and attack someone else.

I have quickly learned that this forum is home to many people who have a basic problem in focusing on the actual topic or question. I suspect some kind of pandemic learning disability...some researcher will probably label it "Trump-itis".

that is a personal attack, which is prohibited on the forums, please for the sake of civility take that back.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then it the power of the local authorities to stop these folks, a Synagogue hasn't been attacked yet at all, so far it just seem like some unstable folks making empty threats, anti-semitism is sad, and horrible, yet there is bigger fish to fry, with the rampant Christianphobia in the country, and the terrible violent anti-white black nationalist folks like BLM, Nation of Islam, the New Black Panthers, etc.
Let's say there are synagogues in Wisconsin, New York, Texas and California. If the bomb threat calls are coming from one state, lets say Arizona, then the local police can't do much. They will and should seek help from the Feds. The Justice Department and FBI should be on this now, trying to determine the source of the calls, along with the pattern of vandalism. If nothing is done to stop these crimes, the could escalate into worse stuff. The other "rampant" and "terrible" things you claim are happening with other groups don't seem to be escalating like anti-Semitism. Don't you think White Supremacist movements targeting blacks, Latinos, Jews and others are much to worry about?

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
that is a personal attack, which is prohibited on the forums, please for the sake of civility take that back.
Gee, I figured that thinking that some people around here have some kind of learning disability is better than thinking they are just full of hate for anyone not like themselves.

And I was responding to another poster, not to you. I was speaking in general, and said nothing about any particular member here. Unless you identify with my description?

Tell you what. Actually post a valid response to the OP, pro or con, that makes sense, and I will take it back. Until then, I have to go with the evidence.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump endorses Israel and speaks out against anti-Semitism. I'm sure there are cabinet members and other staff that are looking into the matter.
Well, let's hear about it then. Forget about White House staff members...maybe you are thinking of Steve Bannon? This is the role of the Justice Department and the FBI. Or are they being controlled by Bannon, as well?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Let's say there are synagogues in Wisconsin, New York, Texas and California. If the bomb threat calls are coming from one state, lets say Arizona, then the local police can't do much. They will and should seek help from the Feds. The Justice Department and FBI should be on this now, trying to determine the source of the calls, along with the pattern of vandalism. If nothing is done to stop these crimes, the could escalate into worse stuff. The other "rampant" and "terrible" things you claim are happening with other groups don't seem to be escalating like anti-Semitism. Don't you think White Supremacist movements targeting blacks, Latinos, Jews and others are much to worry about?

These Latino folks aren't being atttacked, they are the ones attacking people like they attacked, and committed violence towards Trump supporters, like what happened in San Jose by these La Raza, La Mecha, ms-13 criminals.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hey, when Trump talked about anti-Semitism today, where was he? Was her at the Holocaust Museum? Nope. Was he at a synagogue? Nope. Has he been to the Holocaust Museum? Don't think so. Why not? Hmmm...Is he loathe to offend all his Holocaust-denying and anti-Semitic supporters? Maybe not, but he doesn't do much or say much to distance himself from them, does he?

I wish a reporter would ask Trump or one of his surrogates about what action the administration is taking. So far, they seem to be missing that. If I were at a press conference, that would be my first question. "What are you actually doing about it?"

Upvote 0

Orthodoxjay1

Sep 21, 2015
✟58,504.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hey, when Trump talked about anti-Semitism today, where was he? Was her at the Holocaust Museum? Nope. Was he at a synagogue? Nope. Has he been to the Holocaust Museum? Don't think so. Why not? Hmmm...Is he loathe to offend all his Holocaust-denying and anti-Semitic supporters? Maybe not, but he doesn't do much or say much to distance himself from them, does he?

I wish a reporter would ask Trump or one of his surrogates about what action the administration is taking. So far, they seem to be missing that. If I were at a press conference, that would be my first question. "What are you actually doing about it?"

Is he supposed drop everything, and rush to the nearest synagogue, you don't see the Democrats rushing to the nearest Catholic hospital to "stand in solidarity" when Obamacare attacks pro-life Catholic hospitals.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
These Latino folks aren't being atttacked, they are the ones attacking people like they attacked, and committed violence towards Trump supporters, like what happened in San Jose by these La Raza, La Mecha, ms-13 criminals.
And of course, this regrettable violence has been occurring all over the country, day after day, Latinos constantly attacking people, disrupting gatherings, and.......oh wait. Apparently, San Jose last summer was a one and done. There were other confrontations at Trump election rallies, but no evidence of systematic disruptions and violence perpetrated by a roving band of Latinos. And please don't attribute the actions of a few to an entire group. That is how racism gets its foothold.

Upvote 0

Martinius

Jul 2, 2010
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is he supposed drop everything, and rush to the nearest synagogue, you don't see the Democrats rushing to the nearest Catholic hospital to "stand in solidarity" when Obamacare attacks pro-life Catholic hospitals.
No need to rush. Since he was out anyway, his staff could have easily arranged for a quick visit and a symbolic show of support at a Washington Synagogue or community center. Previous presidents did that many times. Surprised that Bannon or Priebus didn't think of it. Or maybe they did?

Upvote 0