Trump condemns racists repeatedly ... again... Media says "how about this second?"

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Each second that goes by - is a new second to say "yes well that is all fine and good... but how about this second?"

John Roberts asked White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany if Trump would denounce - Bing video

As long as a long standing position repeated over and over is "not good enough" for "this second" -- then it will never be accepted -- because there will always be "more next seconds" out there to claim that what was done a second ago -- is no longer good enough without being repeated...again.

Did you catch Robert's response to all the historic on-record facts of denouncing racism/racists etc - as being essentially "bla bla bla a bunch of words"?? How can a journalist even go down that road while asking for "the same words over again"??

His strategy amounts to "well that was ten minutes ago will you say it again right now?". how is that journalism?

===================================

p.s. don't miss the exchanges that boil it all down to two positions fully clarified (at least for me)... here - post 90 of this same thread --
6 minutes ago #90

Last edited:

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Begins with "I would like to ask you for a definitive answer" -

Answer: "ok here is a billion times we condemned racism including a minute ago and two days ago and 4 years ago and ..."-

Next... "ok but how about condemning racism definitively?"

what's next?

"ok then how about also condemning it left-pinky-finger-definitively"?

Why are people doing this?? What am I missing?

ok .. well I might have missed this --

Thanks Dave.

whatever you do Mr President - if someone asks "will you now condemn racism?" do not say "sure... sure... sure..." because in Transylvania that translates to "I wont condemn racism any more.. I quit doing that ten minutes ago".

If only we all had that "code book"

======================================
17 times condemned racists? what about 18? Thursday at 5:14 PM #1

Because "enough" is "never enough"

Video: Trump: US must condemn 'racism, bigotry and white supremacy'

During the same press conference, Mr Trump went on to say “I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists, because they should be condemned totally.”
BBC Fact-checks Joe Biden for Charlottesville 'Very Fine People' Hoax

leftist media would like us to imagine to ourselves that there is a video where the President says in response to the Charlottesville incident - "there are some really fine people among racists" or "among the KKK". Shall we comply with their wish by imagining that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump could denounce racism without personally condemning white nationalists as if they are unredeemable....but he'd need to think and word it well.

This wording he chose at the special key moment, when everyone was listening, the moment that counted most, and would need a moment just as big to fix, was not worded well to that goal --

"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by," Trump said.

See the problem? Are we supposed to be listening to every last word he says on every day? No!! -- only Jesus Christ alone deserves that kind of total devotion!

Instead, Trump would have needed a very very different wording. Like --
"Racism is wrong, always, but everyone makes mistakes, and we want to work to a good future together with all the people, everyone."

Upvote 0

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟874,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Begins with "I would like to ask you for a definitive answer" -

Answer: "ok here is a billion times we condemned racism including a minute ago and two days ago and 4 years ago and ..."-

Next... "ok but how about condemning racism definitively?"

what's next?

"ok then how about also condemning it left-pinky-finger-definitively"?

Why are people doing this?? What am I missing?

Because if you ask again and again eventually she will say (as she did) we just answered that--thereby refusing to answer again, so you can say this:

Fox News Reporter Explodes: ‘Stop Blaming the Media, I’m Tired of It!’

“The press secretary would not, in a definitive and unambiguous and non-deflecting way, say that the president condemns white supremacism in all its forms and any group that espouses it,” Roberts told Fox host Melissa Francis following the briefing.

• Winner
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
"Proud Boys, stand back and stand by," Trump said.

See the problem?

The President of the "Proud Boys" is a black Cuban American. The group has gays, latinos, blacks, whites.. you name it.

Is it your claim that those people of color are all racist??

If so... then isn't that sort of conflicted position a bigger problem than "stand back, stand by"?

How many police cars and businesses were being vandalized by "Proud Boys"?

Wallace was trying to "conflate" the problem of "racists" with the issue of "private citizen militia" operating under the rights granted by the second amendment.

It is fine to want to debate the 2nd amendment and whether or not private militia should be allowed to "exist" - but Wallace was trying out a cheap shot - trying to assume that discussion had already been had and that they lost so bad that now we can equate 2nd amendment groups as all being racist no matter their skin color. Because after all -- people endorsing the 2nd amendment come from all cultures.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
All Trump had to say is that he condemns it. Instead, we get a tap dance that he has condemned it before.

Well if you condemned it before, why not condemn it now? What is so hard about that?

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it your claim that those people [the Proud Boys]...are all racist??
No. I don't know if you saw it, but I was that person that posted the highly sympathetic video (twice) about the Proud Boys in the last few weeks, to help people see them more fairly and accurately.

Here, for the 3rd time (and it's fine to post it 4 or 5 times I think, so others please be free to repost this again in other threads!):

Strongly recommended -- sympathetic, fair, and inside view of some of the Proud Boys in Oregon:

• Winner
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
All Trump had to say is that he condemns it.

Instead of "SURE" ?? when asked - which he did instantly in that video.

Then Wallace held his hand up to stop Trump as he is giving his 'SURE' response to "will you condemn racism'. -- how "odd" given how they want to spin that now.

Watch the video. Get the news straight from the event not from the spin-doctors.

=====

Not everyone in the news gets the news "straight" without spin-doctoring

Fox news reporter: John Roberts
“The press secretary would not, in a definitive and unambiguous and non-deflecting way, say that the president condemns white supremacism in all its forms and any group that espouses it,” Roberts told Fox host Melissa Francis following the briefing.

from:Fox News Reporter Explodes: ‘Stop Blaming the Media, I’m Tired of It!’

==============================================

TRANSCRIPT:
Kayleigh McEnany Press Briefing – Video and Transcript

Q Kayleigh, if I could start off, I’d like to ask you for a definitive and declarative statement, without ambiguity or deflection: As the person who speaks for the President, does the President denounce white supremacism and groups that espouse it in all their forms?

MS. MCENANY: This has been answered, yesterday by the President himself, the day before by the President himself on the debate stage. The President was asked this; he said “surethree times.

Yesterday, he was point-blank asked, “Do you denounce white supremacy?” And he said, “I’ve always denounced any form of that.”

I can go back and read for you — in August 2019,In one voice, our nation must condemn racism, bigotry, and white supremacy.

In August of 2017, “Racism is evil, and those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups.”

I have an entire list of these quotes that I can go through with you.

He has condemned white supremacy more than any President in modern history.

Q But just to clear it up this morning,
==================================== break

Whaaaaat??? "But just to clear it up"??

What was "muddy" about that answer??

================================resume transcript

Q: can you — naming it — make a declarative statement that you denounce — that the President denounces it?

MS. MCENANY: I just did. The President has denounced this repeatedly.

Q You read a bunch of quotes from the past.

====================================== break

"The past" being "yesterday" in that case above as of that Briefing.

WOW - a reporter that continually ignores the statements on record and asks for "more of the SAME statement on record"!!!

"yes but that was ten seconds ago... how about this second"???

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Instead of "SURE" ?? when asked - which he did instantly in that video.

Then Wallace held his hand up to stop Trump as he is giving his 'SURE' response to "will you condemn racism'. -- how "odd" given how they want to spin that now.

Watch the video. Get the news straight from the event not from the spin-doctors.
Again, sure doesn't cut it. Just say "I condemn X now." That leaves no question on the issue.

Right now it looks like tap-dancing around the issue.

Upvote 0

Gole

Oct 6, 2020
Carolinas
✟12,129.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Trump is in the same position I was at the end of my first marriage.

I could do no right and the guy she cheated with could do no wrong.

Trump could cure cancer and it would be reported that he supported high unemployment for doctors.

Whatever he says will be reported poorly. The poor reporting in itself is a news item (Broadcast coverage of Trump 95% negative, according to new study).

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tall73

Sophia7's husband
Site Supporter
Sep 23, 2005
Visit site
✟874,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wallace: You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups.

Trump: That's right

Wallace: But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups...

Trump: Sure

Wallace: ...and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland.

Trump: Sure, I'm willing to do that...

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Again, sure doesn't cut it. .

So then "Sure... Sure... Sure..." I assume also does not cut it.

you can see that here as well after the intro which is very funny -- in an effort to get people to lighten up a bit.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Wallace: You have repeatedly criticized the Vice President for not specifically calling out Antifa and other left wing extremists groups.

Trump: That's right

Wallace: But are you willing tonight to condemn white supremacists and militia groups...

Trump: Sure

Wallace: ...and to say that they need to stand down and not add to the violence in a number of these cities as we saw in Kenosha and as we've seen in Portland.

Trump: Sure, I'm willing to do that...

Paulos23 said:
Again, sure doesn't cut it. .

Notice how in the OP even Trump's statement calling for the death penalty for racists "is not enough".

Notice how Roberts dismissed all past statements as being in effect "bla bla bla a bunch of words"

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So then "Sure... Sure... Sure..." I assume also does not cut it.

you can see that here as well after the intro which is very funny -- in an effort to get people to lighten up a bit.

Again, all he had to do was condemn then when asked. He is acting like a used car salesman that doesn't want to get pinned on anything. Just say the statement, and yes, he will have to say it many times.

And oddly, when he says it in front of his supporters, it sounds like he is complaining and bragging. Like he got away with something.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟310,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Notice how in the OP even Trump's statement calling for the death penalty for racists "is not enough".

When did he call for that?

Notice how Roberts dismissed all past statements as being in effect "bla bla bla a bunch of words"

It is all just a bunch of words. The fact that he doesn't want to repeat them tells me he doesn't believe them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is all just a bunch of words. The fact that he doesn't want to repeat them tells me he doesn't believe them.

Then why keep asking him to repeat them?

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
All I saw was Trump's abysmal debate performance where he couldnt just be clear and had to hem and haw til the topic got out of his control.

Gave me the sense that hes resistant to just blanket condemning white supremacy for some reason.

Has he cleared thing up since then, or it more half statements and evasions?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟649,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
All I saw was Trump's abysmal debate performance where he couldnt just be clear and had to hem and haw til the topic got out of his control.

Gave me the sense that hes resistant to just blanket condemning white supremacy for some reason.

Has he cleared thing up since then, or it more half statements and evasions?

Since he's made his condemnation of racism enough times, he shouldn't have to make more statements about it every time a journalist tells him to do it again, only to claim he never did it at all if he doesn't obey their commands to "say it again".

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟909,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

17 times ... how about 18?.... 18 times? ... how about 19?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟431,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Since he's made his condemnation of racism enough times, he shouldn't have to make more statements about it every time a journalist tells him to do it again, only to claim he never did it at all if he doesn't obey their commands to "say it again".
So is there one clear statement on tape I could look at that you know of?

Upvote 0