Trump Claims He Ran For President Only Once, but Receipts, Photos Of Trump’s Of Trump’s 2000 Run

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump Claims He Ran For President Only Once, But ‘Associated Press’ Has Receipts, Photos Of Trump’s 2000 Run
President Donald Trump made an odd assertion on Twitter on Saturday, January 6, which has caused the question “How many times has Donald Trump run for president?” to surge more than 140 percent above normal, according to Google Trends. As seen in the below tweets, Trump wrote that he transformed from being a successful businessman to a TV star to President of the U.S., with Trump adding parenthetically “on my first try.” The strange and easily verifiable assertion that Trump had never run for president before has sent people to the search engine to verify that Trump indeed has run for president more than once.
Nothing says good mental health like forgetting you ran for President more then once. :sorry:
tulc(MAGA by lying about easily provable things?) :scratch:

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I know he talked about it and explored it in the past, but he didn't form a formal committee or otherwise register with the FEC. This seems like mountain-out-of-molehill territory TBH.
More than that, it's incorrect. The way one becomes a candidate, according to the election laws, is rather complicated and as you said there are a number of stages of exploring a possible candidacy that many people looking to possibly running for some office can and do go through.

Kid Rock comes to mind. The press described him as a candidate at times, but he went through the formal process of presenting himself as a possible candidate without ultimately going to the level of being an actual candidate.

Upvote 0

citizenthom

I'm not sayin'. I'm just sayin'.
Nov 10, 2009
✟12,912.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Me thinks tulc doesn't like Trump
(Clearly stating the obvious)
:wave:

He's far from alone. There are just lots of things to dislike about Trump, so we can ignore things like this and focus on, like, what he does when he wakes up every morning.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
He's far from alone. There are just lots of things to dislike about Trump, so we can ignore things like this and focus on, like, what he does when he wakes up every morning.
That's fair.

Surprised?

Don't be. We want there to be democracy and free speech in this country...and for it to continue. You are entitled to wish someone else had been elected president.

If the debates could be about policy matters, effectiveness, and the like rather than these little "gotcha" gimmicks that are created by misrepresenting something...we'd have much more meaningful discussions.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I know he talked about it and explored it in the past, but he didn't form a formal committee or otherwise register with the FEC. This seems like mountain-out-of-molehill territory TBH.

I agree and do wonder --
Where does the poster find these threads jeepers how ridiculous.
M-Bob

Upvote 0