Trump Campaign Staffers Pushed Russian Propaganda Days Before the Election

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟280,829.00
Faith
Atheist
"Some of the Trump campaign’s most prominent names and supporters, including Trump’s campaign manager, digital director and son, pushed tweets from troll accounts paid for by the Russian government in the heat of the 2016 election campaign.

The Twitter account @Ten_GOP, which called itself the “Unofficial Twitter account of Tennessee Republicans,” was operated from the Kremlin-backed “Russian troll farm,” or Internet Research Agency, a source familiar with the account confirmed with The Daily Beast.
Two days before election day, Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway tweeted a post by @Ten_GOP regarding Hillary Clinton’s email.

“Mother of jailed sailor: 'Hold Hillary to same standards as my son on Classified info' #hillarysemail #WeinerGate” the tweet reads.
President Trump’s son Donald Trump Jr. followed the account until its closure on August 23rd of this year. Trump Jr. retweeted the account three times, including an allegation of voter fraud in Florida one week before the election.

“BREAKING: #VoterFraud by counting tens of thousands of ineligible mail in Hillary votes being reported in Broward County, Florida Please, RT,” the tweet read."

Trump Campaign Staffers Pushed Russian Propaganda Days Before the Election

It's still very possible there was no collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians. They may have simply been unwitting dupes.

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟828,530.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think everyone pushed Russian propaganda during this last election cycle. there was a lot of bad and phony news stories out there. I'm man enough to admit I did until someone pulled me aside and said that's a fake story, to which I pulled it down and apologized. I saw people on the right, left, and center posting fake news stories.

No one knew which was Russian propaganda or even that it was happening, including Trump's team.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟487,354.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I think everyone pushed Russian propaganda during this last election cycle. there was a lot of bad and phony news stories out there. I'm man enough to admit I did until someone pulled me aside and said that's a fake story, to which I pulled it down and apologized. I saw people on the right, left, and center posting fake news stories.

No one knew which was Russian propaganda or even that it was happening, including Trump's team.
I fully agree. Sadly, some people push such stories even after shown that they are false, or just turn around and push the next fake story, always staying two fake stories ahead of any fact checkers.

• Agree
Reactions: Ada Lovelace
Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟280,829.00
Faith
Atheist

While I agree fake news was in abundance, I wouldn't go as far as to say "everyone" pushed Russian propaganda during this last election cycle. I would agree that people of all political persuasions post fake news in today's climate.

Personally, I try to verify stories with multiple sources and if I do share/push a story, I try to find the least biased source I can. It doesn't mean that every story I put forth is 100% accurate, because even non-fake/propaganda can have incorrect facts or assumptions, but, as a skeptic, I always try to verify/debunk before spreading information.

One would think that those involved in a campaign would (or at the very least, should) do their diligence rather than push false narratives, although certain organizations clearly value political gain over honesty.

Upvote 0

Yonny Costopoulis

Jul 22, 2017
Crete
✟60,005.00
Country
Greece
Faith
Ukr. Grk. Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Well, that we don't know.

But please give credit to Russia. They want to attack and hurt long time enemy USA and they accomplish goal in large way. USA influence in world in tailspin. USA leader seen as laughing stock around the world and openly mocked by other leaders. USA itself seen as laughing stock. Country increasingly divided by POTUS who defend Nazis and KKK, but attack people that are victim of hurricane.

Russian leadership must be very happy with results. I think results are bigger than their biggest dreams. On this I think we can all agree.

Upvote 0