Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump calls Russia probe 'an illegal takedown that failed' after Mueller report findings released

President Trump told reporters Sunday that the release of a summary of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe findings represented a "complete and total exoneration," calling it "an illegal takedown that failed."

"So after a long look, after a long investigation, after so many people have been so badly hurt, after not looking at the other side, where a lot of bad things happened, a lot of horrible things happened, lot of very bad things happened for our country, it was just announced there was no collusion with Russia, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," Trump said as he prepared to board Air Force One to return to Washington from his Mar-A-Lago estate in Florida.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Trump calls Russia probe 'an illegal takedown that failed' after Mueller report findings released

President Trump told reporters Sunday that the release of a summary of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe findings represented a "complete and total exoneration," calling it "an illegal takedown that failed."

Someone needs to tell Trump the Attorney General disagrees with him.

>> "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying. <<

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

"So after a long look, after a long investigation, after so many people have been so badly hurt, after not looking at the other side, where a lot of bad things happened, a lot of horrible things happened, lot of very bad things happened for our country, it was just announced there was no collusion with Russia, the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard," Trump said as he prepared to board Air Force One to return to Washington from his Mar-A-Lago estate in Florida.

He's right.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How many threads do we need on this?

Someone needs to tell Trump the Attorney General disagrees with him.

>> "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying. <<
I thought people are innocent till proven guilty.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

What does this non-sequitur have to do with the fact that Trump's claim that the report is a "complete and total exoneration" flies in the fact of what AG Barr wrote?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, if someone is guilty they are guilty even if they are not caught.

What you are referring to is that a jury is to presume that someone is innocent until proven guilty. They are not to be biased against the defendant.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Puts Trump in kind of a bind, though. The report finds that Russia did indeed attempt to covertly interfere with the election. The President cannot any longer deny it without discrediting the very report which exonerates him of collusion with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

What you are referring to is that a jury is to presume that someone is innocent until proven guilty. They are not to be biased against the defendant.
Without proof its slander.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Also a special counsel investigation is not a court of law so it's not in the business of deciding guilt or innocence. It merely determines if there was actionable activity on the part of the investigated which the Attorney General will then act upon and even they do not decide guilt or innocence.

Of course all this is leaving aside for a moment that since courts never find "innocence" that particular verbiage is more platitude than jurisprudence.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What does this non-sequitur have to do with the fact that Trump's claim that the report is a "complete and total exoneration" flies in the fact of what AG Barr wrote?

Maybe you or @brinny or @The Faceless (since they "like and "Winner"'d your post will explain that to me.
Without proof its just conspiracy theory, and slander

Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Faceless

Has A Face
Mar 20, 2019
Westeros
✟37,443.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Since you're quoting a response to my post "they" applies to me. So I'm guessing you'll be able to go through my posts to this thread and find where I state that "innocent until proven guilty" only applies to Democrats and people they like".

Or will do we have to do through here what we did in the other thread?
You don't always have to have a shield up. That thing will get heavy after awhile.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Without proof its just conspiracy theory, and slander

Again:
Here's what Trump claims from the OP:
>> a "complete and total exoneration,"

Here's what AG Barr wrote in his summary of the report:
>> "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying.

My comment that someone needs to tell Trump that the report does not exonerate him is 100% accurate and correct.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Again, I have no idea what this frankly bizarre non-sequitur has to do with what I have written to this thread. Are you meaning to reply to someone else and accidentally quoting me instead?

Again:
Here's what Trump claims from the OP:
>> a "complete and total exoneration,"

Here's what AG Barr wrote in his summary of the report:
>> "While this report does not conclude that the President committed a crime, it also does not exonerate him," Barr quotes Mueller as saying.

My comment that someone needs to tell Trump that the report does not exonerate him is 100% accurate and correct.
So how does one get exonerated?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟870,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You don't always have to have a shield up. That thing will get heavy after awhile.

You've been here for 5 days. I've been here for 16 years. I think I've got a better handle on this than you do.

So are you going to quote me where I claim that "innocent until proven guilty" "only applies to Democrats and people they like" or not?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0