Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Didn't Trump have one of the people who pushed the Pizzagate idiocy working for him??

You forget, Pizzagate was "real news", it was "real news" because it was on the internet and it was anti-Hillary. That's how "real news" works.

Where I am of the opinion that the difference between real news and fake news is that real news reports on actual things happening in the objective, real world; while fake news is about clickbait headlines making things up; apparently in our brave new world the opposite is true.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Which reveals to me that this isn't about caring about journalistic integrity, this is about wanting to play a game of <sarcasm>"Neener neener neener".<end sarcasm>

What Buzzfeed did was wrong, of course it was, it demonstrated a massive journalistic failure on their part; but I also don't know anyone who seriously thinks Buzzfeed is a journalistic source at all. .......

<sarcasm>But I suppose I'm wasting my time actually trying to use reason here.<end sarcasm>

-CryptoLutheran

Your sarcasm is noted, and quoted.

President Obama sits down with BuzzFeed News' Chris Geidner for a live interview to discuss Obama's Supreme Court nomination.

One little 'nobody' who thinks that Buzzfeed is a legitimate enough source is none other than that somebody that chose Buzzfeed to do an interview with.

To the extent that Buzzfeed is a non-serious source of journalism, POTUS Obama has been a non-serious president.

That is true enough then. We are agreed.

Neener neener neener.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Your sarcasm is noted, and quoted.

President Obama sits down with BuzzFeed News' Chris Geidner for a live interview to discuss Obama's Supreme Court nomination.

One little 'nobody' who thinks that Buzzfeed is a legitimate enough source is none other than that somebody that chose Buzzfeed to do an interview with.

To the extent that Buzzfeed is a non-serious source of journalism, POTUS Obama has been a non-serious president.

That is true enough then. We are agreed.

President Obama has also did Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis, and on several talk shows.

Neener neener neener.

That would seem to be your point, and the point of this thread yes. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, so imitating one's most beloved dear leader seems a propos.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
President Obama has also did Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis, and on several talk shows.
Forgive people for thinking that having the POTUS use a source to give an exclusive interview on a serious subject does not thereby give that source some credibility.

When it comes to the dignity of the office, I do agree that Obama has degraded it very much with his love affair with being a Real TV celebrity and being cool with the kids has led him to take give many news sources a gravitas that they would not otherwise have had.

I don't watch these source of left-wing infortainment. I am not an expert on Fox news either, as I have already said.
These are not my news sources. That does not mean that they are not news sources, and ought to be criticized as such.

And when they become the venue for presidential interviews, over and above venues like Fox news, we cannot pretend that they are anything but real news sources.

Mona Charen, on her commentary program on Ricochet, notes how CNN played up the story, by subtly inviting people to go to Buzzfeed to find out what they were making all the innuendos to. She is hardly a Trump fan either, so I recognize the truth to what she is opining on.

CNN has tainted themselves on their coverage of this.

And whatever else may be said about Trump, he is blowing the whole dishonest media schtick up in their faces. Left wing media sources are now turning on each other, just like GOP candidates turned on each other in the contests against Trump for presidential nomination.

All mainstream news media dropped all pretense of being objective in their campaign against Trump. Such Fake news stories that had been their mainstay in discrediting the likes of Bush or McCain, such as Korans in toilets in Guantanamo, or McCain's fake affair splashed across the front pages of the NYT at least had the air of journalistic integrity. The media did not even pretend to be impartial, as the idea of a Trump WH started to seem remotely possible to them.

If Buzzfeed is posited as being a credible news source, it is because Obama gave them that credibility in the first place, and the MSM has been on a slide to tabloid status for some time now. It is the rejection of the credibility of MSM integrity as impartial news sources that has led to the successes of alternate medias like Fox and Rush et al. I have already posted that argument, without counter point from anyone here. Fox is the symptom of that contempt that people now have for MSM, and not the source.

That would seem to be your point, and the point of this thread yes. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, so imitating one's most beloved dear leader seems a propos.

-CryptoLutheran
I really don't believe that you are feeling flattered by me right now.
My point is in my arguments, and not my mockery of the childishness that posits only sarcasm without any arguments at all. "Neener, neener, neener" is schoolyard antics. Please note the difference between imitation and mockery of the antics that went out of style by the time the rest of us reached puberty.
It is almost embarrassing to have to point that out.

It I was truly imitating you, my post would have started and ended with the "neener", because that is the executive summary of your argument, Crypto.
That is all you had to offer. It was all about sarcasm and ad hominem of what my motives must be, without substance of any kind.

As for the "dear leader phase", I have no idea what you are even talking about.
Is that the same kind of ad hominem that presumes that everybody who you don't like posts out of some nefarious motive?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟731,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
When it comes to the dignity of the office, I do agree that Obama has degraded it very much with his love affair with being a Real TV celebrity

And this is an example of why I don't believe posts in this thread, or this thread in general, should be taken seriously.

We have an actual reality tv personality coming into the white house, but sure, let's go with Obama having a "love affair with being a Real TV celebrity".

Because things like truth, decency, and basic goodness have gone out the window.

I understand the godless conservatives and rightists embracing Donald Trump, they've always preferred power, wealth, and vainglory and despised the Way of Christ.

I don't understand self-professed Christians pledging their souls to him and to the degeneracy which he represents.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Reactions: ranunculus
Upvote 0