Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think most of them are doing what they can without going too far. Many of them know violence begets violence and a crackdown on protesters would lead to more violence.

That is something Trump forgets, as well as that he is the President of all Americans. Something I wish he would wake up to soon.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think most of them are doing what they can without going too far. Many of them know violence begets violence and a crackdown on protesters would lead to more violence.

That is something Trump forgets, as well as that he is the President of all Americans. Something I wish he would wake up to soon.
He is the president to all Americans he knows that. Everyone ( well not everyone), but most people got that 1,200 check and whether you did or not was not based on race.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaon
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
They're doing fine with what they are able to do. As another poster said, violence begets violence.

To do more would just escalate things.
I would say that could be true, however George has been dead literally a week and this behavior ( even at the beginning is unacceptable.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,403.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He is the president to all Americans he knows that.

Yet acts as if he is not.

Never mind that he retweeted that the only way that 31% of the county could be good is if they were dead.

Everyone ( well not everyone), but most people got that 1,200 check and whether you did or not was not based on race.

The stimulus money did not change his divisive nature.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
He is the president to all Americans he knows that.
Does he truly know that? The man who retweets a guy saying that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat? The man who calls those who disagree with him "scum"?
Everyone ( well not everyone), but most people got that 1,200 check and whether you did or not was not based on race.
What does that have to do with the protests?
I would say that could be true, however George has been dead literally a week and this behavior ( even at the beginning is unacceptable.
All of it? There has definitely been some reprehensible behavior on display, but the vast majority of protesters are peaceful.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟311,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He is the president to all Americans he knows that. Everyone ( well not everyone), but most people got that 1,200 check and whether you did or not was not based on race.
He doesn't act like it. Based on his tweets alone, if you are not GOP and a supporter of his, you are scum that needs to be shot.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Does he truly know that? The man who retweets a guy saying that the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat? The man who calls those who disagree with him "scum"?

What does that have to do with the protests?

All of it? There has definitely been some reprehensible behavior on display, but the vast majority of protesters are peaceful.
Yeah but the problem is it is the riots that get the coverage which means the riots is what people see which in turn means the riots is how people sometimes tend to see the protests and the movement.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
He doesn't act like it. Based on his tweets alone, if you are not GOP and a supporter of his, you are scum that needs to be shot.
If you act like some of those protesters are acting you ought to legally be allowed to be shot.

• Agree
Reactions: SashaMaria
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I think that if you look at the protests more closely, you'll see that in most cases where things got violent, it was only after the police escalated the response. In places where the police were peaceful - and even joined in with the protesters - the protests were peaceful as well. See Flint, MI as an excellent example of this.

Yeah but the problem is it is the riots that get the coverage which means the riots is what people see which in turn means the riots is how people sometimes tend to see the protests and the movement.
So you're blaming the protesters for the way that the media chooses to cover them?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,075.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I absolutely 100% agree not enough is being done to stop it. Democratic governors pretending to be afraid to protect those innocent people?

Stupid idiots all of them. Arrest the evil doers for terrorist activities within the U.S. borders and be done with it so the rest can live in peace.

It's what we have government for. If they won't do it then replace them with others who will. Worthless state officials living on the public trust and refusing to do their job. They need fired every last one of them.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think that if you look at the protests more closely, you'll see that in most cases where things got violent, it was only after the police escalated the response. In places where the police were peaceful - and even joined in with the protesters - the protests were peaceful as well. See Flint, MI as an excellent example of this.

So you're blaming the protesters for the way that the media chooses to cover them?
What the media covers is what people see, though so that is what people see and is what comes to mind if that is what I see that is what I tend to think. I here being more of a people in general.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I absolutely 100% agree not enough is being done to stop it. Democratic governors pretending to be afraid to protect those innocent people?

Stupid idiots all of them. Arrest the evil doers for terrorist activities within the U.S. borders and be done with it so the rest can live in peace.

It's what we have government for. If they won't do it then replace them with others who will. Worthless state officials living on the public trust and refusing to do their job. They need fired every last one of them.
It has been a week this is unacceptable if people cannot control themselves then the government have to get more and more heavy-handed. The quicker the people stop being violent the quicker the government will be able to stand back a little bit.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟888,452.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Personally I don’t think law enforcement should back down one inch from upholding the law. If protestors are breaking the law then they should be arrested. It’s when they think the authorities won’t do anything about it that encourages them to violate the law.

• Agree
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟320,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What the media covers is what people see, though so that is what people see and is what comes to mind if that is what I see that is what I tend to think. I here being more of a people in general.
So, again, the problem is the media portrayal and you're blaming the protesters? Are you incapable of thinking for yourself?

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate

You can't see why this behaviour is acceptable people you likely cannot empathise with them.

If police shot and killed one person in your family every week, and you know both people and government don't care about your family or you - then what would you do?

When the proper channels of justice don't work, and the people who are paid to protect you are now murdering you and getting away with it, who do you talk to?

It is amazing to me how Christians cannot empathise with other humans' struggle, and are quick to call these people unruly or thugs without actually considering. (This is one reason why Christianity is synonymous with hypocrisy.) But when it happens to us later on, we will cry about it. Allowing it to happen to other CITIZENS - even if they are the most reviled of the citizens - means you have willingly let this precedent determine the boundaries of legal subjugation (or lack thereof) of Americans that matter later on.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,676.00
Faith
Non-Denom
There's always a place you want to be where you've measured out a response to such things just right. Question is though what does it say to looters and anarchist (and I'm not talking about peaceful protesters) but how long do you let them go on smashing windows, breaking into stores without figuratively speaking crushing them into the dust with ultimate force?

I worked with a lady one time who immigrated from a country where the Soviet Army was the occupying force. She told me we hated the soldiers but she said let me tell you.....I felt I could walk down the streets of our city by myself at any time of the night time hour and have no fear. The thing was when the militant force said certain things were against the law.....they meant EXACTLY that and everyone took it seriously. She said you just didn't do somethings and think you'd get a handslap. She said here though....while I love this country I don't feel anywhere near having that measure of peace.

So what is it with looters breaking into stores? Or people setting ablaze building? Don't they know such thing are against the law? Well sure....they know it's written some where on paper but in REAL terms though....NO......they really don't believe these things are against the law. To the lawless,....every edict not really enforced is a laugh and a joke. Until they have it explained to them in no uncertain terms that these things ARE indeed against the law and that yes there will be serious consequences for not acting that they are the silly reasoning to people to be nice will fall on deaf ears.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You can't see why this behaviour is acceptable people you likely cannot empathise with them.

If police shot and killed one person in your family every week, and you know both people and government don't care about your family or you - then what would you do?

When the proper channels of justice don't work, and the people who are paid to protect you are now murdering you and getting away with it, who do you talk to?

It is amazing to me how Christians cannot empathise with other humans struggle, and are quick to call these people unruly or thugs without actually considering. But when it happens to us later on, we will cry about it. Allowing it to happen to other CITIZENS - even if they are the most reviled of the citizens - means you have willingly let this precedent determine the boundaries (or lack thereof) of Americans that matter.
I am not saying that what these officers did was acceptable, or even that other officers have not shot and killed blacks at a somewhat higher rate, but when you start being violent and you start blaming EVERY black death by police on race you lose creditability and quite frankly depending on what you did ( for example arson and looting you ought to be able to be rightfully shot.

Upvote 0