Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟812,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Sen. Tammy Duckworth: 'Cadet Bone Spurs' Won't Tell Me When To Clap
Iraq War veteran and U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) criticized President Donald Trump for calling Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address “treasonous” on Monday.

“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy,” Duckworth tweeted soon after he made the comment. “I swore an oath ― in the military and in the Senate ― to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.”

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Sen. Tammy Duckworth: 'Cadet Bone Spurs' Won't Tell Me When To Clap
Iraq War veteran and U.S. Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.) criticized President Donald Trump for calling Democrats who did not clap during his State of the Union address “treasonous” on Monday.

“We don’t live in a dictatorship or a monarchy,” Duckworth tweeted soon after he made the comment. “I swore an oath ― in the military and in the Senate ― to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, not to mindlessly cater to the whims of Cadet Bone Spurs and clap when he demands I clap.”

Did she clap at ALL? For the survivors and families of survivors who were present, such as these parents?

Last edited:
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
This looks for sure to be another case of the opposition party looking for a reason to be offended (and to do a little campaigning at the same time).

That's how we know it wasn't genuine. And Sen. Duckworth is usually willing to play the role of the aggrieved patriot for the benefit of her party. For sure, the Democrats don't have many others who could possibly pull it off.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
This looks for sure to be another case of the opposition party looking for a reason to be offended (and to do a little campaigning at the same time).

That's how we know it wasn't genuine. And Sen. Duckworth is usually willing to play the role of the aggrieved patriot for the benefit of her party. For sure, the Democrats don't have many others who could possibly pull it off.

Thank you. For so many reasons, this included.

• Friendly
Reactions: HereIStand
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
It is worth noting that the Democrats have been uneasy about the blowback that came in response to their people having called the President a traitor. As the Daily Mail reported, many celebrities, high profile journalists, and at least one spokesman for the party have made the charge. There also was a Democrat party PAC, the "Democratic Coalition against Trump."

Given the chance, by an offhand remark, to even the score, they wasted no time in climbing onto the opportunity. Sen. Duckworth aside, one of the first speeches in the House of Representatives just this morning asserted that Trump is the errand boy for Putin. The speaker was standing next to a large poster that read Treason? which the Congressman brought onto the floor of the Senate as a prop for his one minute speech attacking the president.

• Informative
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0