US-Republican
tulc(is shocked President Trump would call people names!) :swoon:

Mountain Up tulc

Our military are tuff
they can take it
most of them will be voting
Trump 2020.

Trump supports their values
runners on the other side of the aisle don't.

M-Bob

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What people do, has consequences. Some things have legal consequences. Trump is mired in some of them. That's entirely his doing, and like any other person, he's going to have to deal with the consequences. He's already paid back some of the money he defrauded from others, and there's some things he did as president that he's now going to have to go through impeachment for.

And since he can't be indicted as president, others will have to wait until he leaves office. That's the reality. Praying for him is still a good idea;mostly, we should pray that he manages to find the resources to govern capably.

• Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Our military are tuff
they can take it
most of them will be voting
Trump 2020.

Not if the military people are right...

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today’s troops evenly split over whether they’re happy with the commander in chief’s job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

About 44 percent of troops had a favorable view of Trump’s presidency, the poll showed, compared to 43 percent who disapproved.

The results from the survey, conducted over the course of September and October, suggest a gradual decline in troops’ support of Trump since he was elected in fall 2016, when a similar Military Times poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared to 37 percent who disapproved. That nine-point margin of support now appears gone.

Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows

This is from a publication that is published by and for military personnel. Most of the troops were willing to overlook Trump's fake "bone spurs" draft avoidance, but his attack on popular military leaders like Mattis, and his pardoning of war criminals has hurt him markedly.

22X5DZU3M5HVVFUZA3ILIMELCI.png

Trump supports their values

Most of the troops don't think so:
3VOYRDE25BAUZJ36AFEEFS7HJ4.png

The revelations in the book coming out are likely to exacerbate his conflicts with military people.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Trump draws stronger support from veterans than from the public

U.S. military veterans are largely supportive of the way Donald Trump is leading the nation’s armed forces. A new Pew Research Center survey of veterans finds that a majority (57%) approve of the way Trump is handling his duties as commander in chief, with about half (48%) saying his administration’s policies have made the military stronger. Veterans’ assessments of the president on these and other military-related issues are more positive than those of the general public.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Once the Dems cards are all on the table
even more will come out for Trump.
M-Bob

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
U.S. military veterans are largely supportive of the way Donald Trump is leading the nation’s armed forces.

See the Military Times article. That used to be the case. Not so now. That was months ago before Trump pardoned war criminals. The military does a very good job of training people to avoid such crimes, and quite properly trains us to despise those who do them.

Being a draft dodger, and one accustomed to evading the law, the idea that our troops would hate those who murder helpless captives, makes no sense to Trump. But that's how it is.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟367,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Video recordings of the interviews obtained by The New York Times, which have not been shown publicly before, were part of a trove of Navy investigative materials about the prosecution of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher on war crimes charges, including murder.

...blistering testimony about their platoon chief was dismissed by President Donald Trump when he upended the military code of justice to protect Gallagher from punishment.

“The guy is freaking evil,” Miller told investigators.

“The guy was toxic,” Special Operator 1st Class Joshua Vriens, a sniper, said in a separate interview.

Special Operator 1st Class Corey Scott, a medic in the platoon, told the investigators: “You could tell he was perfectly OK with killing anybody that was moving.”
In the video interviews with investigators, three SEALs said they saw Gallagher go on to stab the sedated captive for no reason and then hold an impromptu reenlistment ceremony over the body, as if it were a trophy.

‘Freaking evil,’ ‘Toxic’: Anguished SEALs testify about chief they accuse of war crimes

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am surprised that you would miss the point I made.
I didn't miss it, the OP is about the book, that's just one of the things in the book.

Whether in a book or reported, it is still a fact that occurred almost 3 years ago.
Which is why this is in "general politics" and not "current news"

Rather than report something that happened 3 years ago, Scripture shows us to pray for those in authority and kings (presidents) that God may work through this individual & allow us to live in peace by the decisions made. Rather than point out someone's faults, we should pray for that individual (whether it be me or you).
uhmm...okay...shouldn't you be telling people like Nathan the Prophet? Or John the Baptist or even Jesus? Because all those people didn't seem to have a problem pointing out when a king or ruler or people in charge were doing things wrong. Heck, Jesus even turned tables over, cursed fig trees and called people "whited sepulchers" "broods of vipers" "making people twice as fit for Hell". So I'm not sure why pointing out that the President acted like that, is unScriptural. :wave:

Also we should seek to show positive things that show improvements in that area which the President has done. The major one I see is increasing the pay & improving the medical services to all the armed forces. I know relatives of mine in the armed services are thankful for this.
Shouldn't you post a thread about that if that's what you'd like to discuss? Then people could discuss that in it's own thread. And people could talk about what's in the OP for this thread. Seems like a simple enough solution.

Love does not dishonor others nor keep records of wrongs. By posting this you are pointing out a record of wrongs years ago that is now being put in a book.
Hmmm...you might want to rethink that: who had Bathsheba's husband killed? Who ate of the Tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Who denied Jesus three times? All those things happened a long time ago and yet, here we are still talking about them to this day. :sorry:
tulc(thinks if it's good enough for Scripture shouldn't it be good enough for CF?) :scratch:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
I am surprised that you would miss the point I made. Whether in a book or reported, it is still a fact that occurred almost 3 years ago.

Rather than report something that happened 3 years ago, Scripture shows us to pray for those in authority and kings (presidents) that God may work through this individual & allow us to live in peace by the decisions made. Rather than point out someone's faults, we should pray for that individual (whether it be me or you).

Also we should seek to show positive things that show improvements in that area which the President has done. The major one I see is increasing the pay & improving the medical services to all the armed forces. I know relatives of mine in the armed services are thankful for this.

Love does not dishonor others nor keep records of wrongs. By posting this you are pointing out a record of wrongs years ago that is now being put in a book.
Perhaps "Mathetes66" should start by trying to convince this President and his followers to accept these high standards the he expects from the rest of us - I don't remember conservatives showering Obama with "love" when he was in the White House!

Upvote 0