Married

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Trump called top military brass 'a bunch of dopes and babies' in 2017: book

1) evaded military draft based on "bone spurs" but even in his 70's never misses a chance to play golf

2) didn't have respect for military hero John McCain because he got caught and spent years at the "Hanoi Hilton"

3) insults God Star parents whose children have died on active duty

4) has cleansed the White House of generals and replaced them with "yes men"

5) the assassination of Iran's top general with little forethought has placed every military and civilian currently in the Middle East at risk

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟606,026.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Guess what....a lot of them are 'dopes and babies' because they pay too much attention to politics and their next promotion and not enough attention to their jobs......
And if anyone wants to find a real soldier and how they should behave and think....read U.S. Grant's Memoirs......

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And the purpose for this post?

I Timothy 2:1-4 FIRST OF ALL, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions & thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings & all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful & quiet life, godly & dignified in every way. This is GOOD & PLEASING in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Philippians 2:13-15 For it is God who works in you to will & to act on behalf of His GOOD PURPOSE. Do all things without murmurings & disputings, so that you may be BLAMELESS & PURE, children of God without fault in a crooked & perverse generation, in which you shine as lights in the world.

Romans 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.

I Corinthians 13:4-13 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. IT DOES NOT DISHONOR OTHERS, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope & love. But the greatest of these is love.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,077,115.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You forgot covering up the name of a battleship in Japan because it was named after John McCain.

And, instead of visiting the troops in war zones on holidays as other presidents have done, videoconferencing with the Coast Guard guarding the waters near Mar a Lago...finally this Thanksgiving he ventured into Iraq and was in and out in hours for a brief photoshoot.

Nevertheless, the military supports him. I have read that this is because Trump attracts followers who have authoritarian leanings, and the military is based on authoritarianism organizationally.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟213,623.00
Faith
Non-Denom
And the purpose for this post?

I Timothy 2:1-4 FIRST OF ALL, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions & thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings & all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful & quiet life, godly & dignified in every way. This is GOOD & PLEASING in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Philippians 2:13-15 For it is God who works in you to will & to act on behalf of His GOOD PURPOSE. Do all things without murmurings & disputings, so that you may be BLAMELESS & PURE, children of God without fault in a crooked & perverse generation, in which you shine as lights in the world.

Romans 13:8 Owe nothing to anyone—except for your obligation to love one another. If you love your neighbor, you will fulfill the requirements of God’s law.

I Corinthians 13:4-13 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. IT DOES NOT DISHONOR OTHERS, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope & love. But the greatest of these is love.
I do like your post but there is a context of how many of these things should be applied. Jesus and the Apostles did enter into the challenging of others on certain positions and yes people should I think if they are going to do this seek to have the dialogue civil. It is a challenge and a good goal for all to make that their aim.

Keep in mind that if you consider the even talking about political themes troubling this is though a forum for those who wish to do so. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it's here for those who think it could be of some benefit. Peace be yours my friend.

• Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟688,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
From the link:

he Washington Post's Carol Leonnig and Philip Rucker

good to see them making money off the President. Do you think they will use the funds for paying lawsuits against the paper, or just buy pocket it to supplement their income?

Another way the President is improving income!

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Nevertheless, the military supports him.

Not so much,these days. He hurt himself badly by pardoning war criminals.

WASHINGTON — President Donald Trump’s approval rating among active-duty military personnel has slipped over the last two years, leaving today’s troops evenly split over whether they’re happy with the commander in chief’s job performance, according to the results of a new Military Times poll of active-duty service members.

About 44 percent of troops had a favorable view of Trump’s presidency, the poll showed, compared to 43 percent who disapproved.

The results from the survey, conducted over the course of September and October, suggest a gradual decline in troops’ support of Trump since he was elected in fall 2016, when a similar Military Times poll showed that 46 percent of troops approved of Trump compared to 37 percent who disapproved. That nine-point margin of support now appears gone.
Support for Trump is fading among active-duty troops, new poll shows

• Informative
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Retired Army Col. Mike Jason commanded combat units in Kosovo, Iraq and Afghanistan.

He was deployed to Afghanistan in 2012 when news broke that Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales murdered 16 Afghan civilians.

Jason wrote that his unit immediately began meeting with Afghan counterparts and tribal leaders, ensuring them that the soldier would be held accountable.

“We are supposed to be the good guys. At our nation's founding, George Washington directed our troops to fight honorably. We designed the Nuremberg Trials,” Jason tweeted. “We chased Bosnian war criminals for decades. Our movies and pop culture taught us to despise war criminals.

"The decision to pardon these three men, countering the sanctity of the Uniformed Code of Military Justice, the decisions of commanders, the verdict of their peers, our adherence to the Laws of Warfare---WILL have long lasting battlefield consequences.”
How the long-term effect of Trump’s recent war crimes actions could play out

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And which of the four I mentioned shouldn't apply here? Thanks.
Well the first one has nothing to do with the OP
the second one has nothing to do with the OP
the third one...nope, nothing to do with the OP
now the last one...no...can't see what it has to do with the OP either, sorry.
tulc(hopes that helps) :wave:

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well the first one has nothing to do with the OP, the second one has nothing to do with the OP, the third one...nope, nothing to do with the OP. Now the last one...no...can't see what it has to do with the OP either, sorry. tulc(hopes that helps)

Thanks for sharing your opinion. We all have them. My opinion is that 3 of the 4 definitely have to do with the OP. And the OP is almost 3 years old. People change. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
You're very welcome.

We all have them.
this is true. Of course, being opinions they aren't actually true or false, they're simply an opinion.

My opinion is that 3 of the 4 definitely have to do with the OP.
Well, that would be your opinion And as we've already established, that doesn't actually make it true. I'd suggest you might try explaining why you think those 3 (which kind of means one of them doesn't really apply to OP) have something to do with the OP. Otherwise, it just appears to be a list of some random Scriptures you posted in a thread.

And the OP is almost 3 years old.
No, actually, the OP is about a book that's coming out (which you apparently didn't notice) that was relating a conversation that happened early in President Trumps administration.

People change.
...or they don't. :sorry:

Hope that helps.
Well, it really didn't, but I do appreciate your trying. What might help is you explaining how those three (of the four) Scriptures would apply to the OP. :wave:
tulc(is just curious)

Upvote 0

Mathetes66

Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Pacifc Northwest
✟90,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No, actually, the OP is about a book that's coming out (which you apparently didn't notice) that was relating a conversation that happened early in President Trumps administration.

I am surprised that you would miss the point I made. Whether in a book or reported, it is still a fact that occurred almost 3 years ago.

Rather than report something that happened 3 years ago, Scripture shows us to pray for those in authority and kings (presidents) that God may work through this individual & allow us to live in peace by the decisions made. Rather than point out someone's faults, we should pray for that individual (whether it be me or you).

Also we should seek to show positive things that show improvements in that area which the President has done. The major one I see is increasing the pay & improving the medical services to all the armed forces. I know relatives of mine in the armed services are thankful for this.

Love does not dishonor others nor keep records of wrongs. By posting this you are pointing out a record of wrongs years ago that is now being put in a book.

Upvote 0