Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
The Guardian 3 June
Trump closes his ‘beacon of freedom’ website a month after launching it

Donald Trump has discontinued the blog-type website he launched in a fanfare less than a month ago as “a beacon of freedom” and “a place to speak freely and safely”.

Jason Miller, a senior aide to the former US president, confirmed the closing of the “From the Desk of Donald J Trump” online communication tool in a statement to CNBC on Wednesday, just weeks after billing the venture as “a great resource” for his boss’s musings.

Miller offered no explanation for the closure, and it remains unclear if it was a voluntary move or was imposed by a third party of some kind, like Trump’s removal from social media platforms including Twitter and Facebook for inciting the deadly 6 January Capitol insurrection.

But in a tweeted reply to a Republican activist questioning if the move was “a precursor to him joining another social media platform”, Miller said: “Yes, actually, it is. Watch this space.”

In the statement to CNBC, Miller attempted to paint the short-lived project as “auxiliary to the broader efforts we have and are working on”.

The Trump blog, a mouthpiece for his false claims about a rigged 2020 presidential election, failed to gain traction and on 21 May the Washington Post reported it had attracted a “staggeringly small audience”...

...Visitors to the donaldjtrump.com website on Wednesday found only an archive of Trump’s media statements dating back to January and a link to an online shop for Trump merchandise.

More
Trump closes his ‘beacon of freedom’ website a month after launching it | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Well, he was an attention seeker, so when no one showed up, and no one cared - I guess quitting is the only option.

I mean, this move generated more attention than the Blog ever could have.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟990,110.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
Well, he was an attention seeker, so when no one showed up, and no one cared - I guess quitting is the only option.

Not-blogging seems to have attracted more attention than blogging.

Following this logic, to attract maximum attention, Trump should continue to not-blog as much as possible.

OB

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Not-blogging seems to have attracted more attention than blogging.

Following this logic, to attract maximum attention, Trump should continue to not-blog as much as possible.

OB
Following the pattern of discordia, he's run out of moves without other people to trash talk him. Ignoring is the best strategy.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps with all the criminal investigations coming to a head his lawyers told him a blog would be inadvisable.

When a suspect has no filters a blog could be a dangerous weapon for the prosecution.
Sure, but when has Trump been known to heed his lawyers?

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Perhaps with all the criminal investigations coming to a head his lawyers told him a blog would be inadvisable.

When a suspect has no filters a blog could be a dangerous weapon for the prosecution.

More than prison itself, this might be the most problematic thing for Trump and a possible 2024 run. These legal issues hanging over his head, his tendency to speak off the cuff at his rallies is a accidental self-incrimination waiting to happen.

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,189,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Imagine how much attention he would get if he goes full recluse. Oh one can dream...

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Imagine how much attention he would get if he goes full recluse. Oh one can dream...
2% probability with chaos theory and the remnant of cultists. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The Guardian 3 June
Trump closes his ‘beacon of freedom’ website a month after launching it

Another Trump enterprise bites the dust. #beaconoffail

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
More than prison itself, this might be the most problematic thing for Trump and a possible 2024 run. These legal issues hanging over his head, his tendency to speak off the cuff at his rallies is a accidental self-incrimination waiting to happen.

He'll just say he was lying, he's done it before without his supporters seeming to care.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,084.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married