Trump best strategy with NK? Name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
Interesting...the Forbes article listed is suggesting that Americans are more underinsured then insured for what they've been paying into the ACA, which was something those on the "left" have said for a while, but at least you tried. Of course there was no data to suggest anything then how people were underinsured. Yet, the Republican motion would be to pull of the 18 million people that could finally get insurance when the ACA was established and replace it with what? A vaguer, less active plan? Rather then try to improve the ACA itself.

As for why the ACA needs reform, rather then repeal. Ask the Republican congress. You know the one that fought against it so hard that the ACA as it was had to be revamped to such an extent that it was flawed.

But, yeah, I'm sure this also has great relevance to NK as well.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Interesting...the Forbes article listed is suggesting that Americans are more underinsured then insured for what they've been paying into the ACA, which was something those on the "left" have said for a while, but at least you tried. Of course there was no data to suggest anything then how people were underinsured. Yet, the Republican motion would be to pull of the 18 million people that could finally get insurance when the ACA was established and replace it with what? A vaguer, less active plan? Rather then try to improve the ACA itself.

As for why the ACA needs reform, rather then repeal. Ask the Republican congress. You know the one that fought against it so hard that the ACA as it was had to be revamped to such an extent that it was flawed.

After all that, and you failed to tell me why it should be called the "affordable care act" rather than Obamacare. Unaffordable is what it is. We're doing it a favor by calling it Obamacare. The man himself said he didn't mind it being called that. So let him own the thing.

Upvote 0

Targaryen

Scripture,Tradition and Reason
Jul 13, 2014
Canada
✟29,199.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-NDP
After all that, and you failed to tell me why it should be called the "affordable care act" rather than Obamacare. Unaffordable is what it is. We're doing it a favor by calling it Obamacare. The man himself said he didn't mind it being called that. So let him own the thing.

Cause that's not it's actual name perhaps? Are you done trying to drag this thread off course, like other threads cause you aren't getting the answers you want yet?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Cause that's not it's actual name perhaps? Are you done trying to drag this thread off course, like other threads cause you aren't getting the answers you want yet?

Fine. Let's get back to what Trump has said that you don't like. So, let's see your list. I'm so very interested. :whistle:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You seem to have quite an admiration for the guy....

Unlike Donald, Un is a wackjob who needs to be taken seriously. Our own "Great Leader" has already refocused his divine wrath onto the NFL and Golden State Warriors. No doubt he'll be threatening golfers by this time next week....... or perhaps some bowler will forget to show him proper genuflection?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Unlike Donald, Un is a wackjob who needs to be taken seriously. Our own "Great Leader" has already refocused his divine wrath onto the NFL and Golden State Warriors. No doubt he'll be threatening golfers by this time next week....... or perhaps some bowler will forget to show him proper genuflection?

Maybe you should spend less time worrying about what he says. I'm sure there are better things to do.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Maybe you should spend less time worrying about what he says. I'm sure there are better things to do.

I used to be worried -- but Donald revealed his true colors long ago (yellow) -- I'm more concerned with Kim Jong Un's actions.

You mistook that for admiration.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I used to be worried -- but Donald revealed his true colors long ago (yellow) -- I'm more concerned with Kim Jong Un's actions.

Trump is a spoiled brat, North Korea is crazy. Trump doesn't understand that his random tweets and verbose statements are provoking lunatics to do the unthinkable. In the past they have leveraged favorable treatment in exchange for them toning it down. Now they have real nuclear capability, things just got real. Iran is starting up it's missile program again and both regimes claim Trump has instigated all of this. Meanwhile he is living the lifestyles of the rich and famous on the backs of tax dollar, doing little more then tweeting nonsense. What he doesn't realize is these people are not kidding.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump is a spoiled brat, North Korea is crazy. Trump doesn't understand that his random tweets and verbose statements are provoking lunatics to do the unthinkable.

And that's why this won't end well -- while I'm 90% certain that Un is bluffing about acting first, I'm 100% certain Donald is.

Donald doesn't want a peaceful resolution -- he wants to provoke NK into attacking something so that he can play the big hero and save the world from them.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
And that's why this won't end well -- while I'm 90% certain that Un is bluffing about acting first, I'm 100% certain Donald is.

The UN is actually doing something, they are imposing sanctions, need I remind you nukes are expensive. Trump imposed a few sanctions himself, which is the proper thing to do. What doesn't make a lick of sense is pushing this to a crisis point when all you have to do is wait. It worked with Iran and would have worked with Korea but this guy is too in love with the roar of the crowd to let it.

Donald doesn't want a peaceful resolution -- he wants to provoke NK into attacking something so that he can play the big hero and save the world from them.

The bombing of Seoul wouldn't be heroic, artillery would reign down with apocalyptic devastation. That's to say nothing of what a successful deployment of a nuclear warhead would cause. Now it looks like Iran is back in the game because they don't believe the United States is going to honor the agreement that stopped them from actually completing their program. I thought he would screw up the economy or just flounder around like the lame duck he is. I had no idea this guy had the audacity to provoke rouge states.

You can tease a tiger in a cage with a stick, as long as that lion stays in the cage it's lots of fun. Two rouge states could go nuclear, he's not just a big mouth over grown adolescent anymore, he is a reckless President with a hand on a button. My biggest objection to him taking office was that he would be the leading diplomat of the free world, he has proven, he has the diplomatic abilities of a school yard bully. God help us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump is a spoiled brat, North Korea is crazy. Trump doesn't understand that his random tweets and verbose statements are provoking lunatics to do the unthinkable. In the past they have leveraged favorable treatment in exchange for them toning it down. Now they have real nuclear capability, things just got real. Iran is starting up it's missile program again and both regimes claim Trump has instigated all of this. Meanwhile he is living the lifestyles of the rich and famous on the backs of tax dollar, doing little more then tweeting nonsense. What he doesn't realize is these people are not kidding.

It sounds like Trump is going to be blamed for everything, just as Obama blamed George Bush for everything. Even if a lunatic in a far away country develops nukes and starts shooting them off at places like Guam, Japan or the USA mainland, Trump will get blamed for it because he called the guy a funny name. I wonder if the people of NK would blame Kim Jong Un if they got attacked by the USA first because he called Trump names.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

It's hard to tell when you keep taking his side.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Then you shouldn't have asked for one.

I do occasionally hold out hope that people will find the courage to stand by their words... let alone their convictions.

Bad habit.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟652,119.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do occasionally hold out hope that people will find the courage to stand by their words... let alone their convictions.

Are you saying that all the arguing you do with people isn't to get them to start thinking your way after all?

Bad habit.

There's something you don't have to convince me of.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It sounds like Trump is going to be blamed for everything, just as Obama blamed George Bush for everything. Even if a lunatic in a far away country develops nukes and starts shooting them off at places like Guam, Japan or the USA mainland, Trump will get blamed for it because he called the guy a funny name. I wonder if the people of NK would blame Kim Jong Un if they got attacked by the USA first because he called Trump names.
There wouldn't be enough of NK to wipe off your shoe, that's not the point. They eat their fermented cabbage and do what they are told. For decades NK has been able to pursue these weapons along with Iran because Pakistan sold the world community out. Now Trump thinks that strong words and idle threats are going to secure peace and security and he is going to stand up to them with his mindless rhetoric and they will be intimidated. He is wrong, he is not dealing with rational people. I fault him for being reckless in his rhetoric and fully expect he will be held accountable for a fallout with NK or Iran. He is dismantling decades of diplomacy and long term resolution but ok, wisdom is justified by her children.

I ask one thing and one thing only, if it blows up in your face own it. Because I'm sick to death of hearing both sides whine about the other. I decided to listen to Rush Limbaugh about the budget process, every now and then he can be insightful. You know what I got for my time, Clinton and Obama hate mongering. Mitch McConnell tried to bully Health Care reform through that was completely revised from the House version, and compiled in secret by 13 Senators, without anyone getting to even read it. Well you can read it during the amendment process he tells us. Trump tells us he is going to build this wall, he has made no effort to erect except to say mean things on twitter. Don't get me wrong, the Democrats are little better in power but at least the Senate didn't silence all debate on the floor when the ACA was being worked out.

Iran is back in the game, Trump threw progress to the winds, great job except he has nothing to replace the deal with. NK is now fully nuclear capable with a missile that can reach the United States, a speech about sovereignty at the UN won't neutralize that. We plunge into that abyss, the world community has been working tirelessly to stop us from going into, you can believe with all your heart he will be held accountable. Blaming Clinton's email server and Obama's policies won't be the issue, it will be this bragging spoiled brat who woefully underestimated what NK is prepared to do.

If it works more power to him, if it blows up in his face then own it.

Have a nice day :)
Mark

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Are you saying that all the arguing you do with people isn't to get them to start thinking your way after all?

No more so than the Martial Artist who breaks boards with his bare hands intends to defend himself from a homicidal tree.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.