Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
So I was wondering how the folk here generally think Trump will do as president.

I figure it would be more interesting if we shared our best case and worst case scenarios. After which, you should probably mention which you think is more likely.

Also, I wouldn't mind hearing if you think he'd eek out another term as president.

I'll share what I think in a later post. As currently, I should be sleeping...

Godlovesmetwo

Fringe Catholic
Mar 16, 2016
Antwerp
✟17,860.00
Country
Djibouti
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Best case scenario, no new theatres of war that USA have to enter. Economy stronger than it is when he started. No walls built to stop Mexicans in. No sexist, racist or xenophobic comments in his tenure.

Worst case scenario. Civil War/World War III

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Best case scenario. ..Trump governs as a centrist, not too different from those before him. There's evidence of this in his now pledging to keep parts of Obama care and rolling back on other campaign promises.

Worst case, Trump does all the inflammatory things he said, and there's a bit of evidence for this with his appointment of the alt right Breitbart person.

Worse case, Trump rolls back environmental protections and pulls us out of the Paris Agreement.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
So I was wondering how the folk here generally think Trump will do as president.

goose_step_1289913a.jpg

I'm very scared for my country.

Upvote 0

Genersis

Person of Disinterest
Sep 26, 2011
London
✟38,690.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour
Best case scenario. ..Trump governs as a centrist, not too different from those before him. There's evidence of this in his now pledging to keep parts of Obama care and rolling back on other campaign promises.

Worst case, Trump does all the inflammatory things he said, and there's a bit of evidence for this with his appointment of the alt right Breitbart person.

Worse case, Trump rolls back environmental protections and pulls us out of the Paris Agreement.
There is indeed evidence that he is willing to ditch "promises", which is more often than not, a good thing.

Unfortunately, there are also still signs, as you mentioned, that he will still govern nationalistically for the most part.

I really, really hope he doesn't go soft on Russia. At the very least, not to the point where Putin feels able to forcefully annex more land. That is a very dangerous and not unrealistic direction.

Regardless, it's clear Climate Change will not be a big concern, if at all.
Seems the 1.5 Degrees C target is impossible, perhaps even the 2 Degrees C.
So in that respect, we are certainly in big trouble.:(

As for the second term thing...I think Trump will get one, unless the Democrats can field someone with passionate support behind them and not too establishment-y.

Upvote 0

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟60,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
For now it may be best to try and stay hopeful.

A strong opposition has to be shown from day one in the hopes of reigning him in before he destroys or declaws the people and the institutions that could be used to do so.

• Agree
Reactions: Genersis
Upvote 0

Martinius

Catholic disciple of Jesus
Jul 2, 2010
The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The best case scenario for me is if we ALL survive the Trump presidency unscathed. With what he has already said and done since being elected, the best case is already impossible.

The worst case is if he follows his campaign rhetoric while in office, if he appoints people to key positions who are not of high integrity, intelligence, and morality. If he forgets or ignores (most likely) the FACT that a majority of voters die NOT vote for him and his divisive views and ideas. No racists, ideologues, or conspiracists in the White House, or people like Priebus, Giuliani, and Bannon. Bannon! Oops, too late. Watch out America, the free world, and everyone else.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Worse case: American life and society as we know it is completely destroyed.

Best case: American life and society as we know it is completely destroyed and the Republican party saves it's first unborn baby.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums