USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ahead of the upcoming Inauguration on January 20th, Trump once again asks for people to remain non-violent.

"In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind," the president said in a statement to Fox News.

Trump Calls on Americans to 'Help Ease Tensions,' Urges 'No Violence'

In a speech given in Alamo, Texas yesterday, which has been viewed over 4 million times on Youtube already, he again stated "We believe in the rule of law, not violence or rioting." "Now is a time for peace and for calm, respect for law enforcement, and the great people within law enforcement."

Last week, on January 6th, before the now infamous events at the Capitol building, Trump gave a speech. Nowhere in any of it, does he encourage people to become violent at the Capitol. He said, "And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--We're going to walk down...to the Capitol--And we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated. Lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard...We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue...and we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give...our Republicans...the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you all for being here."

Not a single word about rioting, attacking police, or violence of any kind. You can watch the entire speech below:

What I see the media latching onto with rabid desperation are scattered phrases from Trump such as "fight like..." and a word that we aren't allowed to use on this site. As if that phrase somehow indicates violent intentions in this context. Which we all know (at least, those with a rational mind) it does not. Especially since Trump used the very same phrase elsewhere in his speech, referring to his Supreme Court picks ("I fought like..." for them). I don't recall any fists or guns or mobs being employed in those instances. Because we all know that's not what he meant.

At 2:38pm on January 6th, while the crowd was becoming unruly at the Capitol, President Trump tweeted, "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

He also released a video statement that afternoon, repeating his call for non-violence, and for the protestors to disperse.

"We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt."

Trump Video Telling Protesters at Capitol Building to Go Home: Transcript - Rev

Place the blame where it belongs. On those who commit the violent acts.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The little butterfly has been flapping its wings for 4 years
The hurricane is on it's way now no matter what the butterfly says.
Do you know what hurricanes do to little butterflies?
Pretty much what they do
To everything else.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟554,901.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll give him credit that his statement today was mostly good. If he had only taken a similar approach throughout the past 4 years he'd be getting ready for his second inauguration right now. He's an American tragedy, or more like, a children's cautionary tale.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,186,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The President's speech today was the first time I've seen him act Presidential in months. This is why he wasn't re-elected.
Teleprompter Trump can be tolerable, and at times presidential, if he stays on script and does not scrunch his face up struggling to read the thing without glasses but the moment the script runs out, who boy...

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
If Trump really wanted to diffuse the situation he would make a speech saying in no uncertain terms that Biden won the election fair and square, Trump was cheated out of nothing and that he is not fighting a cabal of pedophiles and Satanic baby eaters.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If Trump really wanted to diffuse the situation he would make a speech saying in no uncertain terms that Biden won the election fair and square, Trump was cheated out of nothing and that he is not fighting a cabal of pedophiles and Satanic baby eaters.

Trump has no intention of changing his advocacy of conspiracy theories. That makes no sense.

What Trump is doing is removing any personal legal problems associated with any attacks in the next week, in DC or elsewhere in the country.

Upvote 0

GreatLakes4Ever

Jan 2, 2019
Midwest
✟264,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Engaged
Trump has no intention of changing his advocacy of conspiracy theories. That makes no sense.

What Trump is doing is removing any personal legal problems associated with any attacks in the next week, in DC or elsewhere in the country.

I agree, his recent speeches haven’t been in the pursuit of “unity.” They’ve been purely about limiting his legal exposure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟319,876.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
To re-use an analogy I made last week:

If my friends and I spend two months telling you that Steve killed your dog and raped your daughter, giving you tidbits of "evidence" that suggest that it could even be true, then sit you down and tell you that I'll go with you to Steve's house so we can hold him accountable, and turn you loose, would it really be effective for me to say, a few hours later, as you're breaking down Steve's door, that you should do this peacefully? Oh, and by the way, I'm still telling you that Steve definitely killed your dog and raped your daughter.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟837,898.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I agree, his recent speeches haven’t been in the pursuit of “unity.” They’ve been purely about limiting his legal exposure.

I have no criticism for these speeches. They should help law enforcement in the next weeks and months, as they act against the white supremacists and other domestic terrorists.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ahead of the upcoming Inauguration on January 20th, Trump once again asks for people to remain non-violent.

"In light of reports of more demonstrations, I urge that there must be NO violence, NO lawbreaking and NO vandalism of any kind," the president said in a statement to Fox News.

Trump Calls on Americans to 'Help Ease Tensions,' Urges 'No Violence'

In a speech given in Alamo, Texas yesterday, which has been viewed over 4 million times on Youtube already, he again stated "We believe in the rule of law, not violence or rioting." "Now is a time for peace and for calm, respect for law enforcement, and the great people within law enforcement."

Last week, on January 6th, before the now infamous events at the Capitol building, Trump gave a speech. Nowhere in any of it, does he encourage people to become violent at the Capitol. He said, "And after this, we're going to walk down and I'll be there with you. We're going to walk down--We're going to walk down...to the Capitol--And we're going to cheer on our brave senators and congressmen and women and we're probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them. Because you'll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength and you have to be strong. We have come to demand that Congress do the right thing and only count the electors who have been lawfully slated. Lawfully slated. I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard...We're going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue...and we're going to the Capitol, and we're going to try and give...our Republicans...the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country. So let's walk down Pennsylvania Avenue. I want to thank you, God bless you, and God bless America. Thank you all for being here."

Not a single word about rioting, attacking police, or violence of any kind. You can watch the entire speech below:

What I see the media latching onto with rabid desperation are scattered phrases from Trump such as "fight like..." and a word that we aren't allowed to use on this site. As if that phrase somehow indicates violent intentions in this context. Which we all know (at least, those with a rational mind) it does not. Especially since Trump used the very same phrase elsewhere in his speech, referring to his Supreme Court picks ("I fought like..." for them). I don't recall any fists or guns or mobs being employed in those instances. Because we all know that's not what he meant.

At 2:38pm on January 6th, while the crowd was becoming unruly at the Capitol, President Trump tweeted, "Please support our Capitol Police and Law Enforcement. They are truly on the side of our Country. Stay peaceful!"

He also released a video statement that afternoon, repeating his call for non-violence, and for the protestors to disperse.

"We have to have peace. We have to have law and order. We have to respect our great people in law and order. We don’t want anybody hurt."

Trump Video Telling Protesters at Capitol Building to Go Home: Transcript - Rev

Place the blame where it belongs. On those who commit the violent acts.
Thank you, Ivanka.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The little butterfly has been flapping its wings for 4 years
The hurricane is on it's way now no matter what the butterfly says.
Do you know what hurricanes do to butterflies?
Pretty much what they do
To everything else
He is trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube.
Nonsense. I would truly hate to go around with that much animosity seething inside me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. I would truly hate to go around with that much animosity seething inside me.

Well, the last speech certainly was a good and presidential sounding speech. (I saw it on TV)
It's not what he will be remembered for.
I think the secret service briefings gave him the weather report on the hurricane I mentioned.

There has been reporting that additional demonstrations are being planned in the coming days, both here in Washington and across the country. I have been briefed by the US Secret Service on the potential threats.

The speech was given just after the HoR impeached him again. But see what a good boy I am? Bad HoR! Bad HoR!

I want to thank the hundreds of millions of incredible American citizens who have responded to this moment with calm, moderation and grace. We will get through this challenge just like we always do.

You're welcome. But am I Special? Do you Love me? *sobs*

I had to LOL when he redirected at the end to suppression of free speech by big data

I also want to say a few words about the unprecedented assault on free speech we have seen in recent days.

translation: "I NEED my twitter account back!!!"

Uh.

No.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I had to laugh when he directed at the end about suppression of free speech by big data
translation: "I NEED my twitter account back!!!"

Uh.

No.
If he had Twitter, he can say the opposite. Like he's done in the pass.

Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
" “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.”

"“If you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of them, would you? Seriously. Just knock the hell out of them. I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. There won’t be so much of them because the courts agree with us,” he said."

‘What do you think of waterboarding?’ I said I think it’s great, but we don’t go far enough. It’s true. We don’t go far enough. We don’t go far enough.” At a February 6 Republican debate in New Hampshire, Trump said he would “bring back a hell of a lot worse than waterboarding” if he were elected president.

"The FAKE NEWS media (failing @nytimes, @NBCNews, @ABC, @CBS, @CNN) is not my enemy, it is the enemy of the American People!The FAKE NEWS media"

"Now, we’re getting them [criminals] out anyway, but we’d like to get them out a lot faster, and when you see these towns and when you see these thugs being thrown into the back of a paddy wagon, you just see them thrown in, rough, I said, please don’t be too nice. Like when you guys put somebody in the car and you’re protecting their head, you know, the way you put their hand over, like, don’t hit their head and they’ve just killed somebody. Don’t hit their head. I said, you can take the hand away, okay?"

"“Any guy who can do a body-slam ... he’s my guy.” (in regards to another elected official attacking a reporter)

In his remarks, he asked, “How do you stop these people?” A woman at the rally reportedly yelled “shoot them” in response. Trump then joked, “That’s only in the Panhandle, you can get away with that statement.”

There is a lot more....

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟289,335.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
upload_2021-1-14_11-45-57.png

“Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!” President Trump wrote at 2:24 p.m.

ROTFL I wish I could have seen Pence's face when he saw that tweet... I know what mine would have looked like

"MR. PENCE! Welcome to Most Extreme Elimination Challenge EVER!!!" :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I gotta hand it to him, he survived. And did his duty. Any wager on the number of death threats he and his family are getting though? Breaking news flash: those aren't coming from the left.

I bet he chooses his running mates a little more carefully in the future ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Strathos
Upvote 0