Trump Announces Historic Peace Agreement Between Israel and United Arab Emirates

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
  • Haha
Reactions: Pommer

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟249,915.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
JERUSALEM, Israel - President Donald Trump announced Thursday that Israel and the United Arab Emirates have agreed to a historic peace deal. The UAE is the third Arab country to normalize ties with Israel after Jordan and Egypt.

https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/israel...ement-between-israel-and-united-arab-emirates
Peace is good, I'm all for it.

Don't know why USA is involved in a deal between Israel and UAE but if USA helped get this thing to happen then good for USA.

• Agree
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Peace is good, I'm all for it.

Don't know why USA is involved in a deal between Israel and UAE but if USA helped get this thing to happen then good for USA.
Peace is good. This could be an Iran war set up tho.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
As part of this deal, Israel announced a 'suspension' of its annexation of occupied territory. While the US and Israel talk about this being temporary, I think the UAE expected something permanent. If so, I wonder if this normalization of relations will also be exactly as temporary as the suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: Johnboy60
Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As part of this deal, Israel announced a 'suspension' of its annexation of occupied territory. While the US and Israel talk about this being temporary, I think the UAE expected something permanent. If so, I wonder if this normalization of relations will also be exactly as temporary as the suspension.
Yeah, UAE must be getting something more than "we wont do this thing were talking about doing...for now".

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Yeah, UAE must be getting something more than "we wont do this thing were talking about doing...for now".

I assume Jared must be providing something sweet at taxpayer expense.

The other idea I had is that you can only recall your ambassador in anger, if you have an ambassador in the first place.

If Israel annexes the west bank, what's Iran gonna do -- chant 'death to Israel' even louder? Big deal. But now the UAE can at least act huffy and sever diplomatic ties.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I assume Jared must be providing something sweet at taxpayer expense.

The other idea I had is that you can only recall your ambassador in anger, if you have an ambassador in the first place.

If Israel annexes the west bank, what's Iran gonna do -- chant 'death to Israel' even louder? Big deal. But now the UAE can at least act huffy and sever diplomatic ties.
I think your first instinct is probly correct.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Unfortunately, Israel isn’t going to stop annexation. It’s just a pause to see if Netanyahu goes to jail.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So... 50% chance its fake?

LIKE I SAID, IT DEFINITELY WASN'T SECRET SALES OF F-35's TO THE UAE.

Kushner's secret push to sell F-35 jets to UAE causes frustration among US agencies and lawmakers

A secret push by President Donald Trump's senior adviser Jared Kushner to sell advanced arms -- including F-35 stealth fighter jets -- to the United Arab Emirates has caused confusion and frustration among agencies and congressional committees that would normally be involved in such a sale but have been left in the dark.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Kushner's secret push to sell F-35 jets to UAE causes frustration among US agencies and lawmakers

A secret push by President Donald Trump's senior adviser Jared Kushner to sell advanced arms -- including F-35 stealth fighter jets -- to the United Arab Emirates has caused confusion and frustration among agencies and congressional committees that would normally be involved in such a sale but have been left in the dark.
See thats the great thing about having an ignorant family member running sensitive diplomacy. He can cut through all the crap like hot knife through a china shop.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

The totally normalized not-so-secret proposed sale of F-35's to the UAE has some in Israel concerned.

JERUSALEM — The proposed sale of advanced U.S. fighter jets to the United Arab Emirates is raising concerns among some security experts in Israel that the Middle East could be on the verge of an arms race even as those two countries sign a peace deal Tuesday at the White House.

Senior U.S. and UAE officials say the peace agreement is smoothing the way for the Trump administration to proceed with the sale of long-sought F-35 stealth fighter jets and other sophisticated weaponry to the Persian Gulf state. That prospect is increasing the likelihood that Israel and other Middle East countries will in turn seek more advanced arms.

In Israel, the proposed sale is tainting the otherwise great enthusiasm here for the agreements brokered by the White House to normalize relations with the UAE and Bahrain as well.

A previous sale of U.S. weapons to the UAE was included in an $8 billion package advanced by the Trump administration last year. By declaring an “emergency,” ostensibly a threat posed by Iran, the White House was able to circumvent congressional oversight of the deal. President Trump also vetoed a bipartisan resolution that would have blocked U.S. sales to both Saudi Arabia and the UAE for use in Yemen.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.