Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Link:

Trump and the U.S. Catholic Church: The First 100 Days

Excerpt:

Predictably Mr. Trump has also clashed with the Catholic Church and the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops on many of the policies he has promoted during his first 100 days. His decision to move ahead with the Keystone and Dakota Access pipelines and roll back Obama-era efforts to respond to climate change have been challenged by Catholic environmental groups. The president’s positions on immigration and refugee resettlement have similarly been criticized by Catholic advocates. But clashes with the U.S. bishops directly have been most acute over the treatment of refugees and undocumented migrants in the United States and efforts to put an end to a number of reforms and initiatives launched under the Obama administration’s Affordable Care Act.

Reactions: Silmarien

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,135.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I wouldn't exactly wax rhapsodic as Frank Pavone and Alveda King did in this article---ROFL!

Alveda King and Frank Pavone: Trump's first 100 days are the best pro-life 100 days ever

Don't they realize that no good ever comes from dealing with someone whose character seems so flawed...whose soul seems so un-evolved...and that it will never come out well?,,

In his heart of hearts I feel President Trump thinks he got off pretty cheap---all he had to do was appoint Justice Gorsuch and he got carte blanche to poison our air and water, condemn 24 people to chronic, painful illness and death by taking away their insurance, earn billions for himself and his accomplice/daughter by ignoring the emoluments clause, disrupt the delicate balance of power in the world, increase income inequality by giving huge tax cuts to the risk and bankrupting our nation---well I could go on but you get the picture

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm waiting for him to mention the Pope and get the name wrong.

I can envision one of his advisors whispering in his ear and telling him right before he meets the Pope, "Remember his name is Francis!" Lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Robinus

Sep 22, 2016
United Kingdom
✟46,468.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
  • Informative
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,135.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I hope he doesn't try to make a deal for some of the priceless art and sculptures. I can just picture him saying, "This would look great the in the gold filigree room of my penthouse. Would you take a million for it?"

He shouldn't try to bargain with God! There'll be time enough for that on Judgment Day, and he'll sure have a LOT to account for.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I hope he doesn't try to make a deal for some of the priceless art and sculptures. I can just picture him saying, "This would look great the in the gold filigree room of my penthouse. Would you take a million for it?"

He shouldn't try to bargain with God! There'll be time enough for that on Judgment Day, and he'll sure have a LOT to account for.

I would not be surprised at all if he tried something like that, Fantine. He has made it blatantly obvious that he lacks tact. I also would not be surprised if Trump went on and on about himself either and tried to make the meeting all about him.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Trump to meet Pope Francis at the Vatican on May 24

Pope Francis is at ease with all , but I would like to be a fly on the wall .

Thank you for the link. I appreciate it. I will say that I hope Pope Francis gives Trump an ear full, and then some.

I remember when G.W. Bush met with St. John Paul II. It was shortly after we had invaded Iraq. I was feeling about it the same way you two are today. I would have loved to have known what was said.

pope-john-paul-ii-and-us-president-george-w-bush-pose-during-their-picture-id50925006

Upvote 0

Silmarien

Existentialist
Feb 24, 2017
New York
✟215,724.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I can envision one of his advisors whispering in his ear and telling him right before he meets the Pope, "Remember his name is Francis!" Lol.

If it's Sean Spicer, that could compound the problem!

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,087,135.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, if it's Steve Bannon, he could get stricken by lightning.

If some people think liberal Catholics are "cafeteria Catholics," I guess that would make Steve Bannon a "dumpster outside the kitchen" Catholic.

Upvote 0