Seaside, CA
✟20,934.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps it is impossible to say if Trump is THE anti-Christ. But he certainly sounds like the exact opposite of Jesus Christ. Trump is proud, arrogant and hypocritical. He lacks a sense of justice and any compassion for people who are less fortunate. He insults people right and left. He bullies anyone who questions him or disagrees with him. The 666 connections are interesting, and perhaps significant, but in the end what really matters is Trump's character, his values, his judgment, and what he says and does. On every count he fails the test.

I don't quite bite on this theory, but he does kind of look like Michael York's character from "Megiddo"

Upvote 0

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Obvious is obvious is obvious. I think you guys need to look at this guy a bit closer.
I'll pray for all the evangelicals that are fooled by this evil idiot.
Have you ever considered that if you have to stretch that far to reach a conclusion, it may not be valid?

Reactions: BrianJK
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Cadet

SO COOL
Apr 29, 2010
Munich
✟45,617.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
So please explain to me how they "predicted" hannah and miley in 1990???
How did the Simpsons manage to predict that Siegfried would get mauled by its tiger? How did it make all kinds of bizarrely accurate predictions?

The answer is a lot simpler than you might expect:
Have you ever considered that if there a billion "COINCIDENCES", they may not be coincidence?

A billion coincidences within a billion billion events is not surprising. There is so much pop culture revolving around Donald Trump's long career as real estate mogul/reality TV star/grandstander that finding a few odd coincidental predictions is hardly a shocker. I mean, think for a moment about what you're proposing - Heavy Metal, a fringe magazine that was waning in popularity, somehow was given accurate foreknowledge of the future by some supernatural force, which was only a little accurate (last I checked, we're still waiting on that Miley Cyrus casting couch video, and the wall was supposed to keep the Mexicans out of the USA, not the lower-classed Americans out of Manhattan)? Or maybe, with so, so much pop culture surrounding Trump, it's not unreasonable that some vague guess got something close enough to accurate that you can count the hits, ignore the misses, and pretend that it's some vast, nonsensical conspiracy.

Upvote 0

Laury

Jan 3, 2016
Bavaria
✟16,550.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
According to the Bible, the Antichrist will be a Great Deceiver, misleading even the very elect.

Trump is proud, arrogant and hypocritical. He lacks a sense of justice and any compassion for people who are less fortunate. He insults people right and left. He bullies anyone who questions him or disagrees with him.

Aha, he's deceiving us by being... a dick?

Seems like a really dumb strategy for something like the anti-christ.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aha, he's deceiving us by being... a dick?

Seems like a really dumb strategy for something like the anti-christ.
It's like that "Stealth Muslim" thing about he-who-shall-not-be-named.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Obvious is obvious is obvious. I think you guys need to look at this guy a bit closer.
I'll pray for all the evangelicals that are fooled by this evil idiot.
Not being fooled by someone is not the same as thinking he's the antichrist. Besides the antichrist isn't one person.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

[serious]

'As we treat the least of our brothers...' RIP GA
Site Supporter
Aug 29, 2006
✟72,846.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So, in 1990, that Heavy Metal magazine came out. It shows Trump giving out free hats, and building a wall. It says "a inappropriate contento classic Hannah does her sister" on MTV. (This was 2 years before Miley Cyrus was born!!!) So please explain to me how they "predicted" hannah and miley in 1990???
You realize that people have been named Hannah for hundreds of years, right? Miley Cyrus didn't invent that name, nor was she known by a mononym. (fun fact, there is apparently an australian singer who does use such a mononym). Even if the name was meant to refer to a specific Hannah, there are dozens of famous Hannah's that were active during or prior to 1990. If it was predictive of the future, a inappropriate contentstar named hannah is far more likely to be predictive of a inappropriate content star named Hannah
It shows Trump with the tongue of a snake/serpent. Trumps "GUARDIAN DEMONS" rose from the ranks of the angry and dissatisfied........ THIS WAS IN THE YEAR 1990.........
The cartoon might show that, but on the other hand IT'S A CARTOON. I've seen comics where people shoot lasers out of their eyes.

Now, to be clear, I'm not voting for Trump. I find many of the things he says to be abhorrent. However, many of the claims you've made about him don't stand up to even cursory scrutiny.

Upvote 0

greenguzzi

Post-Evangelical, Social Anarchist, One of The Way
Aug 25, 2015
Sydney Australia
✟33,863.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Feel free to tell me Trump is not the anti-Christ when he makes Israel sign a peace treaty. OK?!
The main reason I don't agree with you is because I don't accept premillennial eschatology. The early church wrote it off as bad theology in the third century I think. But for some bizarre reason it reared its ugly head again - with the optional extra of an early rapture - in the 1800s.

But why don't we put that aside for a bit, and assume that you are right; then I'm left with the question: "so what"?

So what if Trump is the Antichrist? If there is an Antichrist and the premills are right, then he will inevitably come. All those in Christ will recognise him once he is manifest. So why bother speculating? There is nothing we can do to avoid the rule of the AntiChrist, we just need to be ready. We should always be ready anyway! Even we Christians who are amillennialists are supposed to be ready - in Christ - for everything. Even if there is no personal AntiChrist there are still those who would persecute and kill us.

Also, shouldn't we be pleased if the AntiChrist is alive today? Because that means that the Tribulation is at hand, which in turn means that the return of Christ is near. This is what every Christian who has ever lived has been waiting for! So what is there to get all stressed about? Isn't this good news? The AntiChrist will be conquered by Christ, and all those in Christ will be ruled by Him.

Now, if you were 100% certain that Trump is the AntiChrist, then there are certain behaviours that would be sensible to adopt and encourage. Like witnessing, praying, encouraging, being prepared for anything, etc.. But these are behaviours that every Christian should be doing all the time anyway. So why waste your time banging on about Trump? It's just an irrelevant distraction.

You clearly feel the need to share your Trump-AntiChrist theory with us, and now you have. So having shared your theory I think it would be more fruitful to use your energy encouraging us to be prepared for anything, to witness, pray, encourage, and all those other things that we don't do because we have easy lives. If you are right, then we will all be ready for Trump The AntiChrist, and if you're wrong you would have encouraged us to do do the right thing anyway.

(There is a tiny part of me that hopes you are right, and that Trump IS the AntiChrist.)

Upvote 0