Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The Australian Prime Minister called to congratulate the new President-Elect of the USA to congratulate him. Its been four miserable years having to deal with an inept leader of an ally that had become completely erratic and unreliable.
ttps://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/nov/08/scott-morrison-congratulates-biden-on-us-win-while-malcolm-turnbull-declares-what-a-relief
Your post gives the false impression that The Australian Prime Minister said something that if you read the article he did not say, I think we get enough of that from the msm they do not need any help.

Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟107,832.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Your post gives the false impression that The Australian Prime Minister said something that if you read the article he did not say, I think we get enough of that from the msm they do not need any help.

Not really. His post gives the impression that the Prime Minister called to congratulate. And that the poster thinks Trump's inept. Not sure what exactly is the false impression here.

Upvote 0

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The poster below is correct. The Australian PM congratulated Pres_Elect Biden. What followed were my views as an Australian.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The poster below is correct. The Australian PM congratulated Pres_Elect Biden. What followed were my views as an Australian.
Your views are the same as a lot of American. And world leaders. But world leaders won't speak ill of Trump. I'm sure like most people. They feel Trump should have never been president. I hope stricter laws on becoming president happen. Electing someone like Trump should never happen again.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,698.00
Faith
Atheist
Your views are the same as a lot of American. And world leaders. But world leaders won't speak ill of Trump. I'm sure like most people. They feel Trump should have never been president. I hope stricter laws on becoming president happen. Electing someone like Trump should never happen again.
I don't believe there can be stricter laws without a constitutional amendment. The states regulate how elections are carried out. The parties decide on there vetting process -- now that could be made stricter since they have the authority to decide on how the party is run.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't believe there can be stricter laws without a constitutional amendment. The states regulate how elections are carried out. The parties decide on there vetting process -- now that could be made stricter since they have the authority to decide on how the party is run.
I'm talking about IQ, lie detector and mental test. They must have experience in politics. Complete back ground checks. Before they can run for president.

Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟930,698.00
Faith
Atheist
I'm talking about IQ, lie detector and mental test. They must have experience in politics. Complete back ground checks. Before they can run for president.
Sure. But, I'm saying that you can't pass those laws (as a nationwide thing) without amending the constitution which has set out the requirements. A party could, however.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟570,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Sure. But, I'm saying that you can't pass those laws (as a nationwide thing) without amending the constitution which has set out the requirements. A party could, however.

Thank God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Well, when a party appeals to the lowest common denominator, they shouldn't be too surprised when they get trump.

Given trump's popularity amongst his base I don't see the Republicans aiming any higher in the candidates they pick in the future.

Upvote 0