Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump admits downplaying danger of coronavirus, even as he knew it was extremely dangerous
President Donald Trump’s advisers warned him as early as late January that the coronavirus pandemic, then taking root in China, could cost countless lives in America.

Despite this stark warning, revealed by Bob Woodward in his new book Rage and first reported by CNN, Trump downplayed the pandemic—the exact opposite of what any responsible leader should do, experts told The Daily Beast.

As a result, tens of thousands of Americans have died unnecessarily, the same experts said. “This will be case study for decades to come in schools of health for how things can go wrong,” Anthony Alberg, a University of South Carolina epidemiologist, told The Daily Beast.
Exactly what Trump understood about SARS-CoV-2, and when, has been the subject of intensive debate since the pathogen first appeared in Wuhan, China, back in December. Some observers assumed Trump truly didn’t understand how dangerous the virus was.

As recently as May, Trump claimed that the World Health Organization engaged in a “cover-up” that deceived his administration about the severity of the pandemic. In fact, Robert O'Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, told the president the coronavirus could be the “biggest national security threat” of Trump’s administration, according to Woodward.

Health Experts: Trump ‘Has Blood on His Hands’

All of us have heard and seen people he misled, arguing that the pandemic was a "hoax" or "just flu", and that efforts to contain it were unnecessary. And they had reason to believe it; their president told them so.

And thousands of people died because he lied to us. This will be his legacy.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
F573F668-8E50-4779-9211-6C876A513D34.jpeg

Over 195,000 deaths of just Americans and they are still dying and getting sick because of the disinformation and modeling dangerous behaviors Trump has been dishing out .

as usual this is a screenshot photo but you can go to the website to see the rest of the states and the rates in other countries

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump admits downplaying danger of coronavirus, even as he knew it was extremely dangerous
President Donald Trump’s advisers warned him as early as late January that the coronavirus pandemic, then taking root in China, could cost countless lives in America.

Despite this stark warning, revealed by Bob Woodward in his new book Rage and first reported by CNN, Trump downplayed the pandemic—the exact opposite of what any responsible leader should do, experts told The Daily Beast.

As a result, tens of thousands of Americans have died unnecessarily, the same experts said. “This will be case study for decades to come in schools of health for how things can go wrong,” Anthony Alberg, a University of South Carolina epidemiologist, told The Daily Beast.
Exactly what Trump understood about SARS-CoV-2, and when, has been the subject of intensive debate since the pathogen first appeared in Wuhan, China, back in December. Some observers assumed Trump truly didn’t understand how dangerous the virus was.

As recently as May, Trump claimed that the World Health Organization engaged in a “cover-up” that deceived his administration about the severity of the pandemic. In fact, Robert O'Brien, Trump’s national security adviser, told the president the coronavirus could be the “biggest national security threat” of Trump’s administration, according to Woodward.

Health Experts: Trump ‘Has Blood on His Hands’

All of us have heard and seen people he misled, arguing that the pandemic was a "hoax" or "just flu", and that efforts to contain it were unnecessary. And they had reason to believe it; their president told them so.

And thousands of people died because he lied to us. This will be his legacy.

Do you just ignore all the reporting on how all these deaths were caused by something other than covid? At no other point in history can I remember a time when we used a contributing factor as a primary cause of death. If this virus was reported as we do all other diseases we would be up and running as normal.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Do you just ignore all the reporting on how all these deaths were caused by something other than covid? At no other point in history can I remember a time when we used a contributing factor as a primary cause of death. If this virus was reported as we do all other diseases we would be up and running as normal.
yes we can ignore it . The sequelae for being infected by this virus can cause damage to other organs besides the lungs . Or didn’t you get the memo . Look at that poor actor who had to have a leg amputated before he died . The virus causes blood clots which can cut off circulation to body parts . That’s why he lost his leg. That’s killing a lot of people and causing horrible damage to survivors by strokes , nerve damage and heart attacks .
3A72C59B-73DA-4445-BDB9-94E2D04043B8.jpeg

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
yes we can ignore it . The sequelae for being infected by this virus can cause damage to other organs besides the lungs . Or didn’t you get the memo . Look at that poor actor who had to have a leg amputated before he died . The virus causes blood clots which can cut off circulation to body parts . That’s why he lost his leg. That’s killing a lot of people and causing horrible damage to survivors by strokes , nerve damage and heart attacks .View attachment 284363

I'm not saying it isn't deadly I'm saying that the over reporting has caused panic. We have lots of diseases that cause death but we don't put down that a person with leukemia died of leukemia when pneumonia was the primary cause. It's all in how it's reported and there is no reason to list covid as a primary unless it really is. That blows everything out of proportion.

• Agree
Reactions: Hrairoo
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Do you just ignore all the reporting on how all these deaths were caused by something other than covid?

Sorry, those stories won't fly, either.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. In fact, the same QAnon account that posted the now-deleted tweet includes a screenshot version featuring the president’s retweet.

The post Trump highlighted said: “This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.”

But that’s not what the CDC information says.
CDC Did Not 'Admit Only 6%' of Recorded Deaths from COVID-19 - FactCheck.org

Read at the link. It's worse than you think it is, but not the way you think it is. When someone tells you something you really, really want to be true, that's the time be most skeptical.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'm not saying it isn't deadly I'm saying that the over reporting has caused panic.

Horsefeathers. Many people trusted Trump and wrote the whole thing off as a hoax. People died from ignoring the danger. I saw no signs of panic at all. Even hoarding paper towels seems to have been remarkably orderly.

C'mon.

Upvote 0

TheGuide

Feb 5, 2007
Houston, TX
Visit site
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not saying it isn't deadly I'm saying that the over reporting has caused panic. We have lots of diseases that cause death but we don't put down that a person with leukemia died of leukemia when pneumonia was the primary cause. It's all in how it's reported and there is no reason to list covid as a primary unless it really is. That blows everything out of proportion.

Lets stick to the bottom-line. If those who died didn't have COVID, many of them would still be here today regardless of their pre-existing condition.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Lets stick to the bottom-line. If those who died didn't have COVID, many of them would still be here today regardless of their pre-existing condition.
Correct. People can live for years with asthma or diabetes, but throw COVID in and they are gone.

I don’t understand how anyone can go to the polls in November and vote for Trump. I just ordered my “Cats Against Trump” t-shirt. I think my kitties will approve.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
Given that this President and his supporters have been consistently on the wrong side of every controversy concerning COVID-19 from Day 1, why should the American public expect them to improve on that track-record anytime soon?

The political agenda of the Trump Administration has been to consistently deny, downplay and divert attention away from the threat posed by the Pandemic, sending mixed messages and failing to provide a unified response - disputing the number of COVID-19 related deaths is yet just another variation of that same theme

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The only, one and only, panic Trump tried to prevent was that of investors selling off in the stock market.

It mattered to Trump. More than the lives of tens of thousands of Americans.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Given that this President and his supporters have been consistently on the wrong side of every controversy concerning COVID-19 from Day 1, why should the American public expect them to improve on that track-record anytime soon?

The political agenda of the Trump Administration has been to consistently deny, downplay and divert attention away from the threat posed by the Pandemic, sending mixed messages and failing to provide a unified response - disputing the number of COVID-19 related deaths is yet just another variation of that same theme

You are welcome to your opinion but the facts won't support you. When I speak of covid deaths I'm talking about covid being the primary cause of death. We have never listed any other diseases as we have been doing with this one. That's why the numbers are so high. I am glad to see the CDC at least correct the record when they admitted that it's only 6 percent of the reported numbers.

Upvote 0

Archivist

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Mar 5, 2004
Morgantown, West Virginia, USA
✟571,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You are welcome to your opinion but the facts won't support you. When I speak of covid deaths I'm talking about covid being the primary cause of death. We have never listed any other diseases as we have been doing with this one. That's why the numbers are so high. I am glad to see the CDC at least correct the record when they admitted that it's only 6 percent of the reported numbers.

No, it is false to suggest the CDC now says fewer people have died from COVID-19 than the government’s statistics show.

CDC Hasn't 'Reduced' COVID-19 Death Toll - FactCheck.org

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,228.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

You are welcome to your opinion but the facts won't support you.

CDC Did Not ‘Admit Only 6%’ of Recorded Deaths from COVID-19
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention hasn’t drastically reduced the number of deaths attributable to COVID-19, but posts making that bogus claim have been circulating widely — with the help of President Donald Trump, who retweeted one such claim on Aug. 30.

Twitter has since removed the original tweet, which came from an account dedicated to the pro-Trump conspiracy theory QAnon. But the claim is still readily available on all the major social media platforms. In fact, the same QAnon account that posted the now-deleted tweet includes a screenshot version featuring the president’s retweet.

The post Trump highlighted said: “This week the CDC quietly updated the Covid number to admit that only 6% of all the 153,504 deaths recorded actually died from Covid. That’s 9,210 deaths. The other 94% had 2 to 3 other serious illnesses and the overwhelming majority were of very advanced age.”

The following morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, clarified what the CDC data mean.

He noted that the 6% figure includes cases where COVID-19 was listed as the only cause of death. “That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of Covid didn’t die of Covid-19. They did,” Fauci said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“So the numbers you’ve been hearing — the 180,000-plus deaths — are real deaths from Covid-19. Let [there] not be any confusion about that,” Fauci said.

Fact Check: The CDC Did NOT Admit That Only 6% Of Deaths In COVID Toll Were From COVID-19
Did the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention quietly admit this week that only 6% of all people in the COVID-19 death tally actually died from COVID-19? No, that's not true: The chiropractor who made the claim has misstated the meaning of "comorbidity" and appears not to know the CDC's death toll is updated daily with new reports from each state and has included comorbidity data since the agency started posting death tallies for COVID-19. The 6% figure has been on the CDC website since at least July 12, 2020 so it also wasn't "quietly updated" as some are claiming.
Fact Check: The CDC Did NOT Admit That Only 6% Of Deaths In COVID Toll Were From COVID-19 | Lead Stories

VERIFY: No, the CDC did not say the number of COVID-19 victims who actually died from the virus is much lower than originally reported
VERIFY: No, the CDC did not say the number of COVID-19 victims who actually died from the virus is much lower than originally reported | wthr.com

Trump lied again. Why are you surprised by that?

• Winner
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

How does that compare to all other diseases? There isn't any other disease that's reported that way that I know of.

Let's talk about leukemia since that's what I have. An estimated 26k people will die of leukemia. Since it effects the immune system way more people will die of pneumonia or other illnesses. They will be listed as to what they died of and not leukemia. Leukemia will be listed as a secondary cause.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are welcome to your opinion but the facts won't support you.

CDC Did Not ‘Admit Only 6%’ of Recorded Deaths from COVID-19

The following morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, clarified what the CDC data mean.

He noted that the 6% figure includes cases where COVID-19 was listed as the only cause of death. “That does not mean that someone who has hypertension or diabetes who dies of Covid didn’t die of Covid-19. They did,” Fauci said on ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

“So the numbers you’ve been hearing — the 180,000-plus deaths — are real deaths from Covid-19. Let [there] not be any confusion about that,” Fauci said.

Fact Check: The CDC Did NOT Admit That Only 6% Of Deaths In COVID Toll Were From COVID-19
Did the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention quietly admit this week that only 6% of all people in the COVID-19 death tally actually died from COVID-19? No, that's not true: The chiropractor who made the claim has misstated the meaning of "comorbidity" and appears not to know the CDC's death toll is updated daily with new reports from each state and has included comorbidity data since the agency started posting death tallies for COVID-19. The 6% figure has been on the CDC website since at least July 12, 2020 so it also wasn't "quietly updated" as some are claiming.
Fact Check: The CDC Did NOT Admit That Only 6% Of Deaths In COVID Toll Were From COVID-19 | Lead Stories

VERIFY: No, the CDC did not say the number of COVID-19 victims who actually died from the virus is much lower than originally reported
VERIFY: No, the CDC did not say the number of COVID-19 victims who actually died from the virus is much lower than originally reported | wthr.com

Trump lied again. Why are you surprised by that?

Did you actually read that? Primary cause of death was only 6 percent.

Upvote 0

FenderTL5

Κύριε, ἐλέησον.
Supporter
Jun 13, 2016
Nashville TN
✟631,633.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
How does that compare to all other diseases? There isn't any other disease that's reported that way that I know of.
Sure there is, HIV/AIDS being an obvious one.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0