✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
All you had to do was ask nicely.

Acceding to a request from Washington, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize around autumn for engaging with North Korea, Japanese government sources said Feb. 16.
So, 2 questions remain to be answered:
1. Who released it since the Nobel committee does not release such info for 50 years;
2. Is this a typical/common method of nomination? Since the committee does not release such info this may be hard to determine.....what was not common at one time (50 years ago) may be common place today.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Didn't you already post your whatabout?
I think it matters who else got a Nobel in order to judge whether or not the Nobel is a joke. And looking at the fact that Obama got one literally just for becoming president makes the Nobel a joke.

• Agree
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it matters who else got a Nobel in order to judge whether or not the Nobel is a joke. And looking at the fact that Obama got one literally just for becoming president makes the Nobel a joke.
In that case, I fully support President Trump getting a joke prize.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,243.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So, 2 questions remain to be answered:
1. Who released it since the Nobel committee does not release such info for 50 years;

"Japanese government sources". Of course, Trump announced the nomination himself.

Is this a typical/common method of nomination? Since the committee does not release such info this may be hard to determine.....what was not common at one time (50 years ago) may be common place today.

Why do you want to know?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I agree, the bar was seemingly lowered as even the Nobel committee regrets the award.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

And I posted the reasons why he was initially given his Nobel Prize. The decision may have been regretted at a later time, but he wasn't given the Nobel simply for becoming the President.

• Agree
Reactions: cow451
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single

Well, one must repeat the narrative until they find someone -- anyone -- willing to believe it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
What's funny is how you dismiss it as a joke prize but at the same time insist that Trump should get one too.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
And I posted the reasons why he was initially given his Nobel Prize. The decision may have been regretted at a later time, but he wasn't given the Nobel simply for becoming the President.
But he was given it for something they 'hope/thought' he would do and not for accomplishments he had done.....unique for that award. The fact that he failed in accomplishing anything they had hoped for will probably prevent such an occurrence again.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Do you have the meme of So's Law that I've seen posted on this site before? I can't remember if it was you who has posted that meme before or if it was another member. Thanks, in advance.
I made it a few years ago. It's all yours.
So's Law meme.jpg

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟613,457.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
What's funny is how you dismiss it as a joke prize but at the same time insist that Trump should get one too.
In Obama's particular case it was a joke award as he failed to accomplish anything that they had anticipated him to do....My guess is they won't make a mistake like that ever again.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No one uses that stupid law outside the CF as we have already have a fallacy named "straw man". Pointing out that your sentence begging with "so" does not automatically grant you a "I WIN" button.
So what? If you pay attention, you'll see how true it holds - around here, least ways.

You can rephrase P2 as
"You want the borders to be completely open to let anyone walk across when they want then?
and it is still be considered to be a straw man.
We don't need fallacy that based on the begging of a sentence, when simple rephrasing can fix that.
Sure, you can rephrase, but the point is that IS the way they phrase it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
In Obama's particular case it was a joke award as he failed to accomplish anything that they had anticipated him to do....My guess is they won't make a mistake like that ever again.
I actually agree, Obama should not have gotten the prize.

Difference is, I don't believe that makes the award itself a joke, nor do I think that just because Obama got one for nothing that Trump should as well. That just further cheapens the award.

Upvote 0