Trump Administration asked PM Abe to nominate Trump for Nobel

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
That didn't take very long to deflect to Obama and use So's Law in the process.
No one uses that stupid law outside the CF as we have already have a fallacy named "straw man". Pointing out that your sentence begging with "so" does not automatically grant you a "I WIN" button.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No one uses that stupid law outside the CF as we have already have a fallacy named "straw man". Pointing out that your sentence begging with "so" does not automatically grant you a "I WIN" button.

Who said anything about winning? I certainly haven't said anything about winning. I was just pointing out the recurring fact that Barack Obama is one of the popular deflections Trump supporters like to fall back on whenever Trump is being criticized in a thread on this site. For the record, I don't care if So's Law is used outside of Christian Forums or not. It makes no difference to me whatsoever.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ive read your posts, and while influential they are Trump Twitter feed.

Do you have the meme of So's Law that I've seen posted on this site before? I can't remember if it was you who has posted that meme before or if it was another member. Thanks, in advance.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Trump has a go-getter personality which is a trait of a good leader.

Funny how it didn't get him an ACA repeal or a wall... or a Nobel nomination until Mr. "America First" had to beg a foreign leader for one... assuming PM Abe actually did it.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama got a Nobel just for becoming president.

So why shouldn't Trump get one?
imo, Obama shouldn't have gotten one. Why make two mistakes? Two wrongs don't make a right.

As my mom used to say, "I don't care who is going you're not. If you friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too?"

• Haha
Reactions: civilwarbuff
Upvote 0

LivingWordUnity

Unchanging Deposit of Faith, Traditional Catholic
May 10, 2007
✟213,086.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
imo, Obama shouldn't have gotten one. Why make two mistakes? Two wrongs don't make a right.

As my mom used to say, "I don't care who is going you're not. If you friends jumped off a bridge would you do it too?"
I think the Nobel is a joke now anyway.

So why not give it to every new U.S. president on the day that they are first elected?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Haha
Reactions: Pommer
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Do you have the meme of So's Law that I've seen posted on this site before? I can't remember if it was you who has posted that meme before or if it was another member. Thanks, in advance.
It's not as widespread as poe's law or godwin's law.

It basically states: If someone quotes another poster and then paraphrases up their point starting with the word "so", he almost certainly creates a strawman in the process.
For example,

P1: "I am against Trump's wall."
P2: "So you want the borders to be completely open to let anyone walk across when they want?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize last autumn after receiving a request from the U.S. government to do so, the Asahi newspaper reported on Sunday.

This is sorta like when the teacher made you give a Valentine to Smelly Sally.

You realize that this is someone's 'take' on an article that was published in a Japanese paper and not the article itself which makes me wonder why it was not included.....not even a link to the article. Would be informative to know whether the paper is pro or anti Abe as this might be aimed at Abe rather than Trump.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Since the deflection to Obama has been posted, we should clear up the reason why he was given the Nobel Peace Prize and it wasn't because he just became the President either.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population.

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 to President Barack Obama

regrets on obma peace prize - Bing video

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,768.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You realize that this is someone's 'take' on an article that was published in a Japanese paper and not the article itself which makes me wonder why it was not included.....

All you had to do was ask nicely.

Acceding to a request from Washington, Prime Minister Shinzo Abe nominated U.S. President Donald Trump for the Nobel Peace Prize around autumn for engaging with North Korea, Japanese government sources said Feb. 16.

Upvote 0

jkjk

초능력을 쓴다
Sep 28, 2018
Mombasa
✟27,043.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since the deflection to Obama has been posted, we should clear up the reason why he was given the Nobel Peace Prize and it wasn't because he just became the President either.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

Obama has as President created a new climate in international politics. Multilateral diplomacy has regained a central position, with emphasis on the role that the United Nations and other international institutions can play. Dialogue and negotiations are preferred as instruments for resolving even the most difficult international conflicts. The vision of a world free from nuclear arms has powerfully stimulated disarmament and arms control negotiations. Thanks to Obama’s initiative, the USA is now playing a more constructive role in meeting the great climatic challenges the world is confronting. Democracy and human rights are to be strengthened.

Only very rarely has a person to the same extent as Obama captured the world’s attention and given its people hope for a better future. His diplomacy is founded in the concept that those who are to lead the world must do so on the basis of values and attitudes that are shared by the majority of the world’s population.

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 to President Barack Obama

The committee wishes it had a do-over. Former members have said as much.

After Obama received the Nobel Prize, his administration:
- dramatically expanded the size and scope of the CIA and special operations targeted killing programs
- massively expanded NSA spying programs both domestically and internationally
- bungled the Iraq withdrawal leading to the rise of ISIS and resulting in another, even more destructive war in Iraq
- helped to initiate but then mismanaged the Arab Spring, enabling the spread of extremism throughout the Middle East (which he used as a justification for deployments of us forces to countless countries)
- initiated US military interventions in Libya, Syria, and elsewhere.
- failed to enforce a "red line" of chemical weapons use in Syria, resulting in Russia greatly increasing military support to Assad regime, thereby greatly exacerbating the violence.
- supported Saudi Arabia's indiscriminate bombing campaign in Yemen
- sold $278 billion worth of arms to foreign countries, most to the Middle East. This was double the amount under Bush.
- He also failed to withdraw the US from Afghanistan and failed to close Guantanamo

Upvote 0

super animator

Dreamer
Mar 25, 2009
✟134,615.00
Faith
Agnostic
For example,

P1: "I am against Trump's wall."
P2: "So you want the borders to be completely open to let anyone walk across when they want?"
You can rephrase P2 as
"You want the borders to be completely open to let anyone walk across when they want then?
and it is still be considered to be a straw man.
We don't need fallacy that based on the begging of a sentence, when simple rephrasing can fix that.

Upvote 0