Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
From the American Academy of Pediatrics:

Detention of Immigrant Children

Reports by advocacy organizations, including interviews with detainees and the DHS Office of Inspector General,26 have cataloged egregious conditions in many of the centers, including lack of bedding (eg, sleeping on cement floors), open toilets, no bathing facilities, constant light exposure, confiscation of belongings, insufficient food and water, and lack of access to legal counsel,10,24, and a history of extremely cold temperatures. At times children and families are kept longer than 72 hours, denied access to medical care and medications, separated from one another, or physically and emotionally maltreated.10,24,25 In processing centers, children and families lack a comprehensive orientation process that outlines procedures and possible time of detainment in each facility.​

• Informative
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

RichardY

Holotheist. Whig. Monarchical Modalism.
Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Right.....they should stay and be raped, killed, let their daughters be turned into prostitutes and their sons into gang bangers.

IMHO, your view is heartless. There is no excuse to separate (steal) children from their parents and then mistreat them.

Mistreating children is not loving thy neighbor or doing unto others what you would have done to you.

The territory that they are travelling through is dangerous. The wild's of Argentina, Peru, Chile etc probably have very little in the way of crime. If their culture is to blame importing it into the USA will only make the problem worse.

The separation was instituted by the Obama administration and not Trump, which is why I say it is ego. The picture of the little girl crying, with Trump looking down, was taken during the Obama Presidency.

Jesus Christ is talking about personal responsibility to provide, and not a regimes.

Mistreating children is not loving thy neighbor or doing unto others what you would have done to you.

So send them Red Cross Parcels.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The territory that they are travelling through is dangerous. The wild's of Argentina, Peru, Chile etc probably have very little in the way of crime. If their culture is to blame importing it into the USA will only make the problem worse.

Actually my nephew traveled through that area and there is crime. But there is plenty of crime here in the US. The immigrants are coming from areas with high crime and corrupt governments. The crime in America is not due to them - it has been an issue for a great while.

The separation was instituted by the Obama administration and not Trump, which is why I say it is ego. The picture of the little girl crying, with Trump looking down, was taken during the Obama Presidency.
No, Obama set up some facilities for truly unaccompanied minors, those who crossed without parents. The did not remove the children from their parents and then call them unaccompanied. It was the Trump administration who started the 'zero tolerance' policy of forcibly removing children from their parents in April 2018.

No, Obama did not have family separation policy
President Donald Trump, in an interview with the Spanish-language TV network Telemundo, adamantly claimed that the separation of immigrant families at the border during his presidency happened because of an Obama policy. That’s not true.

José Díaz-Balart, anchor of "Noticias Telemundo," asked Trump if his "zero-tolerance" immigration policy was a mistake. The Trump policy called for the prosecution of all adults who crossed the border illegally; when parents came in with children, the families were separated......

Immigration experts have told us that family separations were relatively rare under Obama and other past administrations. They did not happen at nearly the scale that they did under the Trump administration.

George W. Bush’s Operation Streamline referred for prosecution immigrants who crossed into the country illegally, but made exceptions for adults traveling with children. The Obama administration initially kept families together in detention, but after losing a legal challenge, released families out of detention after holding them for a limited time.​

Jesus Christ is talking about personal responsibility to provide, and not a regimes.
Isaiah was talking of Israel and the children of God. Jesus is talking about more than personal responsibility. The government represents the people of the US.
Trump's policy is a black mark on all US citizens and needs to be protested and changed.

Doesn't work that way. And since the Border control has children taking care of children, how do you think that will go?

How does it take care of concrete floors?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Try to remember that he is not your employee ALONE. And your opinion about who is evil and who is not evil may not be shared by other voters. That's why we have elections.
Honestly, for me the issue is that anyone not trump would be okay with children being held in this condition (cement floor, foil blanket). The conditions are innapropriate for AMERICA. They may be appropriate for, I dunno, Yemen, Nicaragua, whathaveyou. But what do you aspire to be America? Is a developing world, the highest you aspire to when it comes to the treatment of children?

Yes, they travelled through unsafe places. Yes they came from terrible places with violence. THAT reflects terrible on THOSE places. The conditions that Americans are okay with children being held in reflects AMERICA. How do you want others to see America?

Or perhaps you don't care. I mean fair enough. God isn't looking at your heart or your country either. Only judgemental Europeans who are soooo high and mighty and full of themselves are.

And Jesus said, "Let the little ones come unto me" "Get 'em a Red Cross packet."

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican

Oh jeepers. Where are you getting that they are coming from Argentina, Peru, Chile? Most are from Central America where the US has been inflicting harm with rotten policies oh for about a century now. Instead of Donald actually trying to do diddly squat about the CAUSES of these refugees fleeing for their lives, he's made things even more miserable there. His policies have made darn sure that there's going to be more folks who leave in total desperation. He's also totally mismanaged the crisis, doing everything possible to maximize suffering. It's shameful. Extremely shameful.

Jesus Christ was born in a humble manger. Joseph & Mary were shown some mercy & grace.
He preached love, kindness. There is nothing, I do mean nothing about the Trump administration's treatment of these refugees that squares up with the teachings of Christ.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
From the American Academy of Pediatrics:

Detention of Immigrant Children

Reports by advocacy organizations, including interviews with detainees and the DHS Office of Inspector General,26 have cataloged egregious conditions in many of the centers, including lack of bedding (eg, sleeping on cement floors), open toilets, no bathing facilities, constant light exposure, confiscation of belongings, insufficient food and water, and lack of access to legal counsel,10,24, and a history of extremely cold temperatures. At times children and families are kept longer than 72 hours, denied access to medical care and medications, separated from one another, or physically and emotionally maltreated.10,24,25 In processing centers, children and families lack a comprehensive orientation process that outlines procedures and possible time of detainment in each facility.​

It'd be bad enough if this were just happening to grown folks who'd requested asylum. At least their brains would be totally developed. This kinda trauma inflicted on a little kid or a baby, that's going to impact them for life.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It'd be bad enough if this were just happening to grown folks who'd requested asylum. At least their brains would be totally developed. This kinda trauma inflicted on a little kid or a baby, that's going to impact them for life.
Yep.

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Honestly, for me the issue is that anyone not trump would be okay with children being held in this condition (cement floor, foil blanket). The conditions are innapropriate for AMERICA. They may be appropriate for, I dunno, Yemen, Nicaragua, whathaveyou. But what do you aspire to be America? Is a developing world, the highest you aspire to when it comes to the treatment of children?

Yes, they travelled through unsafe places. Yes they came from terrible places with violence. THAT reflects terrible on THOSE places. The conditions that Americans are okay with children being held in reflects AMERICA. How do you want others to see America?

Or perhaps you don't care. I mean fair enough. God isn't looking at your heart or your country either. Only judgemental Europeans who are soooo high and mighty and full of themselves are.

And Jesus said, "Let the little ones come unto me" "Get 'em a Red Cross packet."

Agreed. A couple from my church adopted kids from a pretty remote area of Russia back in the 90s. The kids had been left in squalid orphanages. Not all of them had been in the orphanages all that long but long enough to cause permanent harm to them. Well the couple loved on them as much as they could, did right by them. The kids continued to have problems no matter what. Psychologists & doctors told them it was on account of the damage done to them back when they were in the orphanage. Babies, toddlers, need to be picked up, loved on, cared for right. If they're not, it can make them unable to bond later on. Cause low IQ, cause psychological issues, mess with their immune systems.

These kids, especially the ones ripped from their parents & lost in the system, are going to have trauma for ages to come, if not their lives. Thanks to Donald's policies of cruelty & incompetence.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,748,143.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Agreed. A couple from my church adopted kids from a pretty remote area of Russia back in the 90s. The kids had been left in squalid orphanages. Not all of them had been in the orphanages all that long but long enough to cause permanent harm to them. Well the couple loved on them as much as they could, did right by them. The kids continued to have problems no matter what. Psychologists & doctors told them it was on account of the damage done to them back when they were in the orphanage. Babies, toddlers, need to be picked up, loved on, cared for right. If they're not, it can make them unable to bond later on. Cause low IQ, cause psychological issues, mess with their immune systems.

These kids, especially the ones ripped from their parents & lost in the system, are going to have trauma for ages to come, if not their lives. Thanks to Donald's policies of cruelty & incompetence.
Yes, a lot of those children developed attachment disorders. I worked with a few.
One had been left in the crib so much of the time, her eyes did not develop correctly.
She had no affect - didn't show happiness, or sadness or fear, just flatness.

This is an article about attachment disorders.
Attachment Disorders

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Jesus Christ was born in a humble manger. Joseph & Mary were shown some mercy & grace.
He preached love, kindness. There is nothing, I do mean nothing about the Trump administration's treatment of these refugees that squares up with the teachings of Christ.
It's also in flagrant violation of the UN convention on the rights of institutionalized juveniles. But I'm sure Kelly Craft will be able to handle it. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Yes, a lot of those children developed attachment disorders. I worked with a few.
One had been left in the crib so much of the time, her eyes did not develop correctly.
She had no affect - didn't show happiness, or sadness or fear, just flatness.

This is an article about attachment disorders.
Attachment Disorders

That's just heartbreaking.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟365,991.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Look up the history of Romanian orphanages. You want epic tragedies....there you go.

Upvote 0

RichardY

Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Oh jeepers. Where are you getting that they are coming from Argentina, Peru, Chile? Most are from Central America where the US has been inflicting harm with rotten policies oh for about a century now.
I didn't, you are projecting that. They can go to those countries instead, since they speak Spanish.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I didn't, you are projecting that. They can go to those countries instead, since they speak Spanish.
Not all of them speak Spanish; some only speak indigenous Mesoamerican languages.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

RichardY

Apr 11, 2019
Spalding
✟16,984.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually my nephew traveled through that area and there is crime. But there is plenty of crime here in the US. The immigrants are coming from areas with high crime and corrupt governments. The crime in America is not due to them - it has been an issue for a great while.

Since you acknowledge it is the culture. That means importing the legal conditions of those cultures. Spain for instance has a very corrupt legal system compared to the Anglo sphere cultures.

A family separation policy is bad political rhetoric. Given the facilities were built under Obama, why is making use of them bad. Kids obviously can be cruel to each other, adults far worse. Keeping adults with children confined is a worse situation, especially with the child abuse in Hispanic cultures.

Doesn't work that way. And since the Border control has children taking care of children, how do you think that will go?

How does it take care of concrete floors?

Why not, Red Cross Parcels were sent to POW's. If basic needs aren't being met, what's a few tooth brushes, bars of chocolate etc. Blankets pillows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟346,515.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
It's also in flagrant violation of the UN convention on the rights of institutionalized juveniles. But I'm sure Kelly Craft will be able to handle it. ;)
Yeah, but the US is the ONLY nation in the world that has not ratified the Convention on the Rights of the Child.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If only the Democrats would stop blocking funding wonder what would happen...

They keep arguing it is cruel and unusual to even detain them so they refused to give any funding for beds and other necessities.

They keep creating situations just so they can blame them on other people, so they can act like the other people are the cruel ones.

stop blocking the funding to detain them and they would have the necessities they need. It is simple logic.

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Make no mistake. This is being done intentionally in the hopes that it would act as a deterrent.

To intentionally deprive children in state custody of basic sanitation needs because it works to the presidents political advantage is child abuse and it will be what defines this administration in the eyes of future generations.

Your close, but let's look at this. Democrats will not provide funding for housing bedding food clothing nothing. They will not provide the funding necessary to properly and ethically detain these children before they are deported. They also willfully obstruct and will not fund any measure that will keep these children from being smuggled into the country.

So who exactly is using these children as political pawns?and what political party is using the heartstrings of America concerning these suffering children against their political adversary?

provide the funding needed to adequately house them and they will be deported without any undue suffering. It is that simple.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Right.....they should stay and be raped, killed, let their daughters be turned into prostitutes and their sons into gang bangers.

IMHO, your view is heartless. There is no excuse to separate (steal) children from their parents and then mistreat them.

Isa 58:7

Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house? when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him; and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Mat 25:37
“Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink?
Mat 25:38
‘And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You?
Mat 25:39
‘When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’
Mat 25:40
“The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

They should not abuse the children, HOWEVER, I do feel that if the parents want to have their children with them they are free to take them home ( wherever home is) If upon reaching the age of majority the child ( who was born here) wishes to return then by all means allow them to return as any other citizen, but until then the parents can either leave without their children (leaving them in state custody or a legal resident or they may take them back with them to their home country.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.