• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.
  7. There has been an addition to the announcement regarding unacceptable nick names. The phrase "Let's go Brandon" actually stands for a profanity and will be seen as a violation of the profanity rule in the future.

Trump a morally good choice

Discussion in 'General Politics' started by kingskid, Aug 5, 2016.

1. Paul of Eugene OR

Paul of Eugene OR Finally Old Enough Supporter

+1,833
    Baptist
    Married
    Well, there are some doubts that he actually has that much money. So perhaps he feels "poor" enough to need to appeal to supporters for money.

2. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,881
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    If Trump has ever made a statement supporting such incursions. He has said he would consider lifting the sanctions against Russia and recognizing the Crimea as Russian, which is necessary if US-Russian relations are to be normalized. Russia only intervenes in countries in its near abroad anyway, and then only in response to direct threats to its security. Can we say as much for the United States?

Has Russia ever presumed to tell the US what countries it can or cannot invade?

I don't think he's that bad, and the presidential campaign has definitely shown some redeeming qualities in him.

Trump has broken just about every rule of American political discourse and got away with it. Apparently it surprises even him. Hence his hyperbolic comment. Some rules have to be broken. You can't win if you let your opponent dictate the rules to you, because then they will always be stacked against you....

3. J Cord

J Cord Well-Known Member

+1,279
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    So you're saying let Russia invade independent countries?

So you're saying let Russia invade whatever country they want?

I'm sure Stalin had some redeeming qualities. That doesn't mean he is fit to be POTUS.

IMO, the only reason Trump is in this race is because the media is doing everything they can to keep things close, the clickers clicking and the viewers viewing. If the media did it's job, Trump's numbers would be lower than a worm's belly.

When you openly court racists for personal gain as Trump has, you have lost all legitimacy as a candidate for POTUS, and the press should be pressing that fact every day from now to the election.

4. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,833
    Baptist
    Married
    Saying the second amendment people might have to take care of Hillary is that bad.

Saying no muslims should be allowed to immigrate to the United States is that bad.

Saying he'll build a wall between the USA and Mexico and make Mexico pay for it is that bad.

Saying he'll pay for the legal expenses of anyone using violence against a protester at his rallies is that bad.

Saying he might take us out of NATO is that bad.

Saying the immigrants to the US from Mexico are all rapists and drug dealers is that bad.

5. SoldierOfTheKing

+2,881
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Do they want to invade any country?

Welcome to the new normal. Of course the media at this point has already dropped any pretense of objectivity on this campaign, so I'm not sure what you think they should do. They're already gambling with what little credibility with the public they have left. They didn't even show this much hostility to Joe McCarthy.

He didn't say "all". He expressly said "some of them I assume, are good people".

6. J Cord

J Cord Well-Known Member

+1,279
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    They already invaded Ukraine

I think the media should point out the obvious: Trump courts racists to be part of his base, in almost every speech. They should be talking about that 24/7 and never letting anyone forget it for a second. It's disgusting, and the absolute last thing the USA needs. I think Hillary is a terrible option, but she is Abraham Lincoln compared to Trump.

If Trump gets elected, what is that saying to every minority in the country? How would you feel if a person who incited the hatred of Christians day after day, for months on end, was elected POTUS? Would you feel welcome? Would you want to be part of that country? How about the children?

You want to radicalize young Americans by the handful? Elect Trump and let them know they're not wanted in the very country they call home.

But no, the media wants to keep Trump in the race so the clickers keep clicking, the viewers keep viewing, and the money keeps rolling in.

We definitely agree here. Actually, I've seen you post a number of things I agree with.

Yeah, after the stereotype and broad brush, he sort of backs it up, with about as weak a take back as he could manage, he couldn't even say "most". It was like he was "sort of being sarcastic" after he said Obama was the founder of ISIS, and then took it back with "I was being sarcastic." The guy speaks out of every side of his mouth on every topic. Not one single person has a clue what he actually stands for, probably not even Trump.

SoldierOfTheKing, I've read your posts, and I sincerely believe you understand what Trump was trying to do, and are hoping that what you've said is true, but don't really believe it. If I'm wrong, my apologies, I wasn't trying to be derogatory in any way.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
  7. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,833
    Baptist
    Married
    OK. Saying "most of them" is that bad. <gggg>

8. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,833
    Baptist
    Married
    Is there any chance, by the way, that your sudden desire for precision in wording could be somehow grafted onto Trump? He could use some.

Tacking on the phrase "some of them I assume, are good people" is a case in point. Lame. We don't want four years of lame quotes from the President of the United States.

9. scjohnson1973

scjohnson1973 My lifeguard can walk on water!

+27,715
    Pentecostal
    In Relationship
    US-Republican
    I feel that it is time for a big change. Trump has his different ways, but maybe it's time to have a non politician in the white house like Trump. Scares me to think that there are so many Clinton supporters.

10. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,833
    Baptist
    Married
    Your faith that things could not possibly get worse is kind of touching. Crazy, but touching.

11. SoldierOfTheKing

+2,881
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Russian troops have been in Crimea consistently since 1783. Russia already had military access under the terms of the treaty; their Black Sea fleet is based out of Sevastapol. Russia merely supported Crimea's decision to secede, and its defection to Russia has doubtlessly spared it the carnage that Kiev would inflict upon the people of Donbass. Besides, do you expect them to trust the security of their naval base to such an openly hostile regime?

If they're going to turn against a sovereign country over its choices as to who it will and won't allow to enter the country, then they were enemies to begin with. You think they will radicalize so easily, isn't that all the reason not to let any more of them in. "We can't do anything that might make them mad" is such a cowardly response.

He actually didn't even say "most of them". He merely spoke candidly about the social problems associated with immigration from Mexico, which other political candidates don't want to talk about for fear of being called "racist". That's why the Trump campaign was needed and that's why he shot to the top of the polls after that speech.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  12. Paul of Eugene OR

+1,833
    Baptist
    Married
    The Trump campaign is hardly "needed" . . . it merely expresses the evils a large part of the electorate would tolerate such as racism, nativism, religious persecution, pride, anger, bullying others, telling lie after lie . . . . .

The Bible message stresses humility, wisdom, forgiveness, controlling the tongue, turning the other cheek, the rich finding it hard to enter the kingdom of God . . . .

Along comes Trump and religious right people support him. Well, so much for their devotion to the teachings of the Bible.

13. J Cord

J Cord Well-Known Member

+1,279
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    According to the UN, the Crimea is part of Ukraine. If you believe might, violence, and need make right, then shouldn't you also be supporting the terrorists right to bomb?

It's not just that. Electing a racist POTUS like Trump is essentially telling minorities that they aren't welcome to share in the great nation they were born too. Some are going to start looking elsewhere, where they will be accepted. It's normal human behaviour.

When I said "by the handful", I didn't mean huge numbers. Sorry if that was confusing. No I don't think most people will radicalize that easy, but as I said above electing a racist POTUS who is openly opposed to their being in the country is going to make some seek a place they will be accepted, and for some that will be with a terrorist organization.

Trump always leaves a back door so he back out of what he said. You can't even say Trump speaks out of both sides of his mouth because he makes so many different statements on every subject. Trump speaks out of every side of his mouth. For instance, he stated that Obama founded Isis, then he was being sarcastic, then he was being sarcastic but not really that sarcastic.

Minorities dislike Trump because he courts racists by attacking minorities. IMO this alone should disqualify him from the office of POTUS.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
  14. SoldierOfTheKing

+2,881
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    I'm not the first to point out that Trump isn't running for church office...

15. J Cord

J Cord Well-Known Member

+1,279
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    You appear to be saying Jesus's teachings and morals aren't important outside of church, is this correct? I don't think that's what you wanted to say, but that's what's implied by the words you used. Perhaps you can rephrase it?

16. kingskid

kingskid Kid of the Most High

+81
    Christian
    Married
    I understand that since Trump is part of the world system and not the church system , we cannot expect him to act like the church system.

Yes the Lord's teachings are important, but even He told us that without Him we can do nothing. So expecting the world to act like the church is an impossibility.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

17. J Cord

J Cord Well-Known Member

+1,279
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    Thanks for the reply kingskid, but I wanted to hear from SoldierOfTheKing, he is the only one who knows what he thinks, although I suspect you are correct.

I'll ask you, do you think Christ's teachings are important outside of church, when we walk in "the wide system"?

18. SoldierOfTheKing

+2,881
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    When I take my car to the mechanic to have my engine worked on, the first and foremost question is whether he knows how to fix an engine, rather than how he applies Christian teaching to his life. So it is when I chose a political candidate - the most important question is his understanding of the place of a political leader. Being a good example of a Christian gentleman, that's negotiable. So if conservative Christians support him, it actually indicates maturity on their part.

I don't hold political candidates to the same standard that I hold ministers in the church.

19. J Cord

J Cord Well-Known Member

+1,279
    Catholic
    Married
    CA-Others
    Thank you for clarifying.

20. JustOneWay

JustOneWay :)

+6,187
    Lutheran
    Private