✟277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
50 G.O.P. Officials Warn Donald Trump Would Put Nation’s Security ‘at Risk’

Fifty of the nations most senior Republican nation security officials, many of them former top aides or cabinet members for President George W. Bush

In other words, many of the same people behind driving us into the quagmire that was Iraq. Just who we need to be listening to.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Instead of saying you may be in error, you claim she is losing her mind. You present a false dilemma, because it could be that it is you who cannot hear well...

The truth is she said aren't, and her policy is to not raise taxes on the middle class.

Checkmate.

What she intended to say is another matter, but if she misspeaks on matters as important as this...

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You begin your rant against conservatives by calling us racist, which is an insult and shows no social tact, then go on to misrepresent what conservatives believe. There aren't any conservatives who want to start wars and support torture.

Abortion is always murder, no matter the duration of the pregnancy. Quit trying to rationalize murder.

Oh its possible to be conservative and not racist. But its clear that Trump is attracting more racists than Hillary is. . . .and of course, those who want to profit from wars and impose their will on the world through war are also attracted to Trump's rhetoric of "making America great again", including "why can't we use those nuclear bombs" . .

I'm amazed to see you write "there aren't any conservatives who want to start wars and support torture". Its as if you forgot all about Dick Cheney.

But of course, maybe the supporters of wars and torture aren't true conservatives . . . but they are true Trump supporters. He is their hope.

The abortion debate has strong voices on both sides. Your's is not definitive.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
and of course, those who want to profit from wars and impose their will on the world through war are also attracted to Trump's rhetoric

...as JustOneWay was so kind enough to point out in post #69, those people have actually come out against him. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, has a strong track record of supporting those wars...

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...as JustOneWay was so kind enough to point out in post #69, those people have actually come out against him. Hillary Clinton, on the other hand, has a strong track record of supporting those wars...

Oh yes, many principled men in the republican party have written a warning letter about Trump.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...-50-top-republicans/vi-BBvoUE0?refvid=BBtZ1gQ

You know its heartfelt when they speak against the candidate of their own party. Maybe they know something.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Sad that these family members are being manipulated into filing a lawsuit they won't win. Sad that these family members lost their loved ones, but Clinton was not responsible.

I hope this does not set an example for all the potential pending lawsuits against G Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld as they are responsible for the deaths of thousands of soldiers, and tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi's.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

OneChristianLight

Jun 26, 2016
Houston, TX
✟15,802.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Oh its possible to be conservative and not racist. But its clear that Trump is attracting more racists than Hillary is. . . .and of course, those who want to profit from wars and impose their will on the world through war are also attracted to Trump's rhetoric of "making America great again", including "why can't we use those nuclear bombs" . .

I'm amazed to see you write "there aren't any conservatives who want to start wars and support torture". Its as if you forgot all about Dick Cheney.

But of course, maybe the supporters of wars and torture aren't true conservatives . . . but they are true Trump supporters. He is their hope.

The abortion debate has strong voices on both sides. Your's is not definitive.

Dick Cheney's views aren't representative of all conservatives' views. Moreover, Dick Cheney is a neoconservative (or neocon), which isn't even conservative in the first place. Neocons adhere to an aggressive, nationalistic belief in American exceptionalism, and believe the US has a moral right to invade poor countries like Iraq that don't live up to democratic ideals. Ordinary conservatives don't believe in those things.

I suggest you look up the actual definition of conservatism. You clearly don't have an accurate view of what conservatives believe.

Also, if you're going to claim that the pro-choice side has a "strong voice," it's necessary to put for some mental effort and explain. Otherwise your point is only an assertion, not an argument.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Oh yes, many principled men in the republican party have written a warning letter about Trump.

We've already experienced the consequences of those principles. The GOP voting base has shown exactly what it thinks of those principles. I personally endured two tours of those principles. Why we should listen to them now is something I'm still waiting for you to explain.

You know its heartfelt when they speak against the candidate of their own party. Maybe they know something.

I'm sure it is heartfelt, and yes they do know something. They know that it's not their party anymore. Nor should it be. If they decide to make a new home in the Democratic Party, the Dems will find out for themselves what kind of men these neocons are. It won't be pretty.

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Dick Cheney's views aren't representative of all conservatives' views. Moreover, Dick Cheney is a neoconservative (or neocon), which isn't even conservative in the first place. Neocons adhere to an aggressive, nationalistic belief in American exceptionalism, and believe the US has a moral right to invade poor countries like Iraq that don't live up to democratic ideals. Ordinary conservatives don't believe in those things.

So if Trump turned out to have an aggressive, nationalistic belief in American exceptionalism and to believe that the US has a moral right to invade poor countries like Iraq that don't live up to democratic ideals, you would disown him?

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
We've already experienced the consequences of those principles. The GOP voting base has shown exactly what it thinks of those principles. I personally endured two tours of those principles. Why we should listen to them now is something I'm still waiting for you to explain.

Well, if Trump turned out to be racist, misogynist, isolationist, unwilling to stand up to Russia, supportive of torture, quick to condemn people at the drop of a "make America great again" hat, frequently telling lies, ready to drop our ties with Nato, ready to disparage the parents of heroic american fallen veterans . . . . mind you, I'm just saying "if" here . . . . would that be enough to listen to, or would it take more?

Reactions: J Cord
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,550.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I personally endured two tours of those principles. Why we should listen to them now is something I'm still waiting for you to explain.
If I may ask, which specific principles have you endured through two tours, and why do you dislike them today?

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟277,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Well, if Trump turned out to be racist, misogynist, isolationist, unwilling to stand up to Russia, supportive of torture, quick to condemn people at the drop of a "make America great again" hat, frequently telling lies, ready to drop our ties with Nato, ready to disparage the parents of heroic american fallen veterans . . . . mind you, I'm just saying "if" here . . . . would that be enough to listen to, or would it take more?

It would take more - like if he turned out to be something else. Like for example to have an aggressive, nationalistic belief in American exceptionalism and to believe that the US has a moral right to invade poor countries like Iraq that don't live up to democratic ideals. But that's exactly what these Republican officials want, so I still wouldn't listen to them, the problem is that others might. To answer your question, JustOneWay, those are the principles I've had to endure for two tours. What problems do they pose today? Well, there's the danger of the US being sucked into another Middle Eastern quagmire, which ISIS is likely to be a pretense for, and there's also the danger of the US moving to start another cold war with the Russians, which neither of our countries needs. In fact it would be a disaster all the way around, because if the US is going to contribute to any lasting stability in the Middle East, it can only be on the basis of US-Russian cooperation.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Let's get one thing straight, I am not here to change anybody's mind.

Trump has performed many immoral acts including examples such as profiting from immoral gambling establishments, infidelity, multiple divorces.

Other immoral behaviors

Trump had an affair
https://reelrundown.com/celebrities/Donald-Trump-Early-Life-and-Wives

Trump has said he wants to kill entire families
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/politics/donald-trump-terrorists-families/

Attacks a POW
http://www.cnn.com/2015/12/02/politics/donald-trump-terrorists-families/

Was pro choice now claims he is pro life
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...d-trumps-ever-shifting-positions-on-abortion/

Wants to ban certain people by their religion
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...wont-rule-out-database-special-id-for-muslims

It is ironic that such an immoral person is the 'moral choice'. As far as I can see, people are overlooking the man as he has always been, and justifying their poor choice simply because they dislike Clinton more.

Trump has demonstrated to be unstable in his stances on many issues including flip-flopping all the time. He has not proven his word is worth anything at this point, and to believe that he will actually follow through on anything he has said is foolish.

Vote for whoever you want

You forgot:

Says he is worth 10 billion (ten thousand million) dollars, but won't contribute to his own campaign. His only demographic is uneducated white males, and every study I've seen shows on average a lack of education equals a lack of income. So Trump, the man with ten thousand million dollars, is demanding that poor people finance his campaign. It's disgusting.

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
and there's also the danger of the US moving to start another cold war with the Russians, which neither of our countries needs.

Trump supports Russia's incursions into independent countries, including Ukraine. Are there any countries the USA shouldn't let Russia invade, or should the USA just give Russia carte blanche?

Upvote 0

J Cord

Aug 1, 2016
Canada
✟25,780.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
It would take more -
I understand that you are unhappy with the current political system, a lot of people are. But the person Paul described, the person Trump is, is a disgusting human being. How can all that not be enough to disqualify him in your eyes?

What Trump said is true. To paraphrase: "I could walk down fifth avenue and shoot someone, and my fans would still love me." I find that terrifying, and I don't understand how you don't.

Upvote 0