tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.vox.com/2019/1/15/18183...Kxy6Yml3FdBakTMzqnyW67ucZ7u2017FCc556Mp2-igr8
Speaking to reporters just before players showed up, Trump proudly displayed the spread of “great American food,” and said, “we have 300 hamburgers, many, many french fries — all of our favorite foods.”

Three hundred hamburgers is a lot of burgers, even for a football team. But it apparently wasn’t enough for Trump. Within a matter of minutes, the number grew exponentially.

Addressing the players, Trump claimed to have purchased 1,000 hamburgers. As the Washington Post details:

At the outset of his remarks to the team, its coaches, Clemson officials and politicians, including South Carolina Sens. Lindsey O. Graham (R) and Tim Scott (R), Trump said he had a “choice” of possibly having “no food” for the players “because of the shutdown.”

“Or do we give you some little quick salads that first lady will make, along with the second lady; they’ll make some salads,” the president continued. “And I said, ‘You guys aren’t into salads.’ … Or do I send out for about 1,000 hamburgers?”

On Tuesday morning, Trump tweeted that the number of burgers he purchased had grown again to “over 1000 hamberders [sic] etc.” (He later reposted the tweet without the typo.)
tulc(thinks "covfefe and hamberders" should be served at all White House meals) :wave:

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Back in the 1960s there was a Steakhouse in Saskatoon Saskatchewan that had an offer of a 64oz steak for free if you could eat it all in an hour or less. Beneath the poster was a disclaimer. It listed about a dozen people that were ineligible plus "every member of the Saskatchewan Rough Rider football club". Maybe 300 burgers is possible after all.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,149,607.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Hamberders? Here's another example of Trump's 'unpresidented' spelling ability. SMH. Will someone please get that man a spell checker and then show him how to use it? I mean, seriously.
Spell check is almost certainly turned off, on his phone etc. Can you imagine what mistakes spell checker could cause, I for one once on a CV managed to describe myself as being in God health.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Spell check is almost certainly turned off, on his phone etc. Can you imagine what mistakes spell checker could cause, I for one once on a CV managed to describe myself as being in God health.

If a spell checker is out of the question, then perhaps a tutor could be hired to teach him how to properly spell words. He's 72 years old and he makes the spelling errors of a child in elementary school. It's no wonder his speech level was analyzed at the level of a fourth-grader.

Trump Speaks At Fourth-Grade Level, Lowest of the Last 15 U.S. Presidents, New Analysis Finds

Upvote 0

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Funny. So did we get a fact check on the actual number of hamburgers?
Judging by the photo op, I think that 300 is actually a pretty reasonable estimation.

Also amusing: Trump said he wouldnt serve salads, but theres actually quite a lot of salad boxes on the tale.

Trump-burgers.jpg

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump never lies. He deceives himself for what he thinks is his benefit and he has been at it for decades. Barbara Corcoran wrote about Trump in her book in 2011.
hmmm...which is worse: the guy who's so delusional he thinks everything he says is true who has his finger on the nuclear button or a delusional guy who has his finger on the nuclear button and is surrounded by people who pander to him so there's no consequences for his lies? :scratch:
tulc(asking for a friend) :sorry:

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
hmmm...which is worse: the guy who's so delusional he thinks everything he says is true who has his finger on the nuclear button or a delusional guy who has his finger on the nuclear button and is surrounded by people who pander to him so there's no consequences for his lies? :scratch:
tulc(asking for a friend) :sorry:

I'll go with the delusional guy.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem with spell check is the auto correct feature which changes what you type without warning.
I'll say, I sent a text the other day where I said (to one of my kids) "I hope your owie is better !" (You know, hope their cut finger was healing) and it changed it to "I hope your pair is better." I caught it before sending ti, but still...that would have sounded weird. :sorry:
tulc(can't imagine what word it would have changed into "hamberers"?) :scratch:

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The problem with spell check is the auto correct feature which changes what you type without warning.
Indeed. Happens on this iPad constantly.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0