Trump’s top envoy urges Vatican to challenge China on religious freedom

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
ROME – US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has penned a new article for the religious journal First Things, arguing that the Vatican’s agreement with China on the appointment of bishops has confused Catholics on the ground and urging the Holy See to be more vocal on China’s violations of human rights.

“The Holy See has a unique capacity and duty to focus the world’s attention on human rights violations, especially those perpetrated by totalitarian regimes like Beijing’s,” Pompeo said in the article, published Sept. 18.

Trump's top envoy urges Vatican to challenge China on religious freedom

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Amen to that. Not keen on the Church being seen as Marvin Milquetoast. Which it seems to be at the moment.

It really is a shame how the Chinese church has been sold out. I am unable to comprehend the rational behind the Vaticans decision.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,654,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It really is a shame how the Chinese church has been sold out. I am unable to comprehend the rational behind the Vaticans decision.
I feel the same. The Vatican needs to communicate with the people and less with headlines and government. Very disappointing.

Upvote 0