Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Trump’s re-election support hits a high despite impeachment inquiry, poll shows

He’s Teflon Don.

President Trump’s outlook for reelection hasn’t taken a hit since the impeachment inquiry began and it’s even slightly improved, according to a new Monmouth University Poll out Wednesday.
“But the fact that there is no significant change in the current results suggests that the opening salvo of the House impeachment inquiry has had little impact on the overall 2020 dynamic.

“Voter opinion remains baked in,” he said
.​

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
...or it has hit a high BECAUSE of the impeachment effort.

Most people, and especially those who are not ideologues by nature, can see a partisan game where there is one...and they don't respect it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
...or it has hit a high BECAUSE of the impeachment effort.

Most people, and especially those who are not ideologues by nature, can see a partisan game where there is one...and they don't respect it.

It might be time for those of us who want Trump to stay in office to actually support the impeachment hearings going forward. That way, his accusers will be forced to play their hand and show us what their case is really made of.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It might be time for those of us who want Trump to stay in office to actually support the impeachment hearings going forward. That way, his accusers will be forced to play their hand and show us what their case is really made of.

You sure you want to take that chance? Donald being tried based on the facts and his merits, instead of the rampant screaming by the GOP that the rules -- their rules -- are unfair?

• Agree
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How's this for on-topic -- support and innocence don't go hand-in-hand.
The news media used to have a favored saying something like; the camera never lies. The saying was extended to liars on camera, as their lies often took on an unanticipated presence far larger than the liar ever expected.

That seems to be where we are at the moment. The promulgators of fake news have been discovered ... but remain in the denial phase, unwilling to admit or adapt to changing circumstances.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Maybe. I am inclined to think it best to drag out the House's proceedings as long as possible until the Senate takes up the matter, at which time the Democratic candidates who are vying for their party's nomination for President will be required to come off the campaign trail and be present in the Senate.

As the campaign will be in full swing then--for the Republican candidates as well--the idea of removing the president from office will be looking more and more phony and, not only that but pointless as well with the general election being only months away.

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟486,396.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I thought that was pretty obvious already - Donald's attempts to trade a weapons deal in exchange for a foreign government participating in one of his PR stunts against an election opponent.

• Optimistic
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You sure you want to take that chance? Donald being tried based on the facts and his merits, instead of the rampant screaming by the GOP that the rules -- their rules -- are unfair?

Which facts? The ones invented by the dems and media, or the ones that anyone can find for themselves online that are being used in edited form by the media to form their own media?

Personally, I'd rather hear testimony as it's being televised live rather than the media's own version of what happens behind closed doors.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Maybe. I am inclined to think it best to drag out the House's proceedings as long as possible until the Senate takes up the matter, at which time the Democratic candidates who are vying for their party's nomination for President will be required to come off the campaign trail and be present in the Senate.

As the campaign will be in full swing then--for the Republican candidates as well--the idea of removing the president from office will be looking more and more phony and, not only that but pointless as well with the general election being only months away.

Not only that, but the closer to the election we get, the more it will look like the dems are doing it all to help their own candidate--all the while basing their impeachment case on the idea that it was Trump who did something in order to hurt a political opponent.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I thought that was pretty obvious already - Donald's attempts to trade a weapons deal in exchange for a foreign government participating in one of his PR stunts against an election opponent.

Yes, that's the narrative put forth by the dems and the media. But why not actually read what Trump said in the often-quoted part of that phone call, and then tell me where Biden's name was mentioned in it?

"I would like you to do us a favor though because our country has been through a lot and Ukraine knows a lot about it. I would like you to find out what happened with this whole situation with Ukraine, they say Crowdstrike ... I guess you have one of your wealthy people... The server, they say Ukraine has it There- are a lot. of things that went on, the whole situation .. I think you are surrounding yourself with some of the same people. I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it. As you said yesterday, that whole nonsense ended with a very poor performance by a man named Robert Mueller, an incompetent performance, but they say a lot of it started with Ukraine. Whatever you can do, it's very important that you. do it if that's possible."

• Winner
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
  • Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Which facts? The ones invented by the dems and media, or the ones that anyone can find for themselves online that are being used in edited form by the media to form their own media?

Personally, I'd rather hear testimony as it's being televised live rather than the media's own version of what happens behind closed doors.

Sorry... if you're going to demand facts, start by using some. Conspiracy rantings are a Donald move.

And between Trump University and the more recent Trump Foundation debacle, Donald doesn't have much luck, legally speaking, when restricted to the facts.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

Trump is not investigating an election opponent. His election opponents are other Republicans running for the presidential nomination.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sorry... if you're going to demand facts, start by using some. Conspiracy rantings are a Donald move.

And between Trump University and the more recent Trump Foundation debacle, Donald doesn't have much luck, legally speaking, when restricted to the facts.

A TV broadcast being televised live, and not the media-edited version cut into soundbites for the news show, is what would present the facts of both sides. I'm hoping that you'll value facts from both sides.

• Agree
Reactions: Zanting
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟650,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Trump is not investigating an election opponent. His election opponents are other Republicans running for the presidential nomination.

It would be anyone who opposes him in the election, which would ultimately be someone from the opposing party.

Upvote 0