Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
While I'm sure that you won't agree, the fact that the former guy continues to hammer to all of his supporters that issues such as this made any difference in the outcome of the truth of the election results, just shows how simplistic and, quite frankly, unkwowlegeable in the actual mechanics of voting, his followers are.

You might know that the initial plan for the Cyberninja "audit" set up by Arizona republicans, was to look for the "secret watermark" Trump put on the Arizona ballots. Of course, states run their own elections, and Trump had nothing whatever to do with printing those ballots.

After this was pointed out to them, they shifted to looking for bamboo fragments in the ballots. Since the new story was that fake ballots were printed in China, and everyone knows that the Chinese must use bamboo to make paper bamboo fragments were going to be a sure tip-off.

We're not sure what the new story is, but it seems to involve UV light and allowing the "auditors" to use pens that are normally prohibited, since they can be used to alter ballots.

No wonder one republican legislator told a reporter that the whole thing was making them look like idiots.

Apparently, the Arizona people ignored Trump's Italian Satellite investigation...

New internal emails, obtained and made public by the House Oversight Committee as part of its investigation into the January 6th attack on the Capitol, indicate that Rosen and others were under constant pressure from the president and his allies to substantiate any and all conspiracy theories that might cast doubt on Biden’s victory. In one particularly embarrassing exchange, Trump’s chief of staff, Mark Meadows, shared one letter addressed to “Illustrious Mr. President,” purporting to be from an Italian named Carlo Goria. In the letter, Goria claims to have “direct knowledge” of the fact that the Italian aerospace company Leonardo, “using advanced military encryption capabilities, changed the U.S. election result from President Trump to Joe Biden.”

Apparently, the claim was good enough for Meadows, who forwarded the letter, along with a YouTube video (later taken down for violating the site’s terms of service), to Rosen. Rosen forwarded the thread, which included a request to look into another conspiracy, this time about signature-match anomalies in a Georgia county, to a DOJ colleague.

“Can you believe this?” Rosen wrote to Richard Donoghue, the acting deputy attorney general, adding that he was not going to respond to Meadows’ request to have Assistant Attorney General Jeff Clark personally investigate claims about the Georgia signature claims. “Pure insanity,” Donoghue replied.

“Yes,” Rosen wrote back. “After this message, I was asked to have FBI meet with Brad Johnson [creator of the YouTube video], and I responded that Johnson could call or walk into FBI’s Washington Field Office with any evidence he purports to have. On a follow up call, I learned that Johnson is working with Rudy Giuliani, who regarded my comments as ‘an insult.’ ”
Italian Military Satellites, Dominion Machines, and Other Election Conspiracies Trump Desperately Pushed the DOJ to Validate

So they aren't complete idiots.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@hislegacy,

Yes, as the article fairly clearly states, they spent time 'getting their records up to date' in many previous years and, in fact, this cleanup is less than most cleanups. I just don't get it. Can Trump defenders not actually read? Further, whether they did or didn't ever cleanup their voting records, doesn't actually have any bearing on whether or not anyone of those that were eligible to be removed ever voted in a Georgia election. Many are dead, so they obviously didn't vote. Most moved out of the state and I'd honestly find it pretty fanciful that someone who moved out of the state would make some effort of go back to Georgia just to vote. However, if any evidence ever comes up that some people did, then it will be found out.

While I'm sure that you won't agree, the fact that the former guy continues to hammer to all of his supporters that issues such as this made any difference in the outcome of the truth of the election results, just shows how simplistic and, quite frankly, unknowledgeable in the actual mechanics of voting, his followers are.

God bless,
Ted

Dear Ted -

If you would like a reply - please restate and keep the bolded attempts at insults out of it.

In Christ,
Joe

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Ted -

If you would like a reply - please restate and keep the bolded attempts at insults out of it.

In Christ,
Joe
@hislegacy

Hey Joe,

If you'd like to reply that's fine. It's strictly up to you. As far as my comment regarding many Trump supporters inability to actually read, I think the proof for that is in the pudding, so to speak. It has been my repeated experience with such articles and such people that they tend to go through an article and latch on to a single 'questionable' claim or two, whether they are actually accurate or not, and fail to even acknowledge the issue that the article is actually discussing.

Even in following along on this thread with the responses to your posts, your mind is made up and explaining the truth isn't about to change that.

Trump is wrong. Georgia has often culled its voter rolls. It is actually, according to the article, a federal law that states do set up a systematic process to do that. Again, according to the article, Georgia, along with many states, don't like to do it in an election year. Mainly so that no one is taken off when it might be a problem to get back on the rolls for the next election. As the article states, some states only do it in odd numbered years to avoid any such problems. Let's see... this is, what, uhhh 2021. Oh that makes this an odd numbered year. It is also, again according to the article, true that this years culling is really much, much less than other recent years of the same process. Trump is wrong.

So, I'll ask again, and you are free to reply or not. What inaccuracies do you see in this article? The one that you've pointed out that Trump is right about Georgia, for some nefarious reason, waiting until after the election to cull their voting rolls is not an inaccuracy. It is, in fact, exactly how Georgia has handled the culling of its rolls for at least several decades now. Just to be clear on this 'before or after the election issue', Georgia culled over 300,000 voter registrations in 2019.

So the former guy is wrong. Georgia's voter rolls are regularly cleaned up and were cleaned up in 2019, prior to the November 2020 election. However, I'm going to assume that you won't process that.

God bless,
Ted

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟700,029.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Again, according to the article, Georgia, along with many states, don't like to do it in an election year.

Your words:

The quote from the OP:

Former President Donald Trump distorted Georgia’s plans to remove ineligible voters, wrongly suggesting that the state failed to keep the voter rolls up to date before the 2020 election and that therefore, he won.
Your words: many states, don't like to do it in an election year

The OP's words: suggesting that the state failed to keep the voter rolls up to date before the 2020 election

That's about as clear as it comes - The state did NOT (same as failed to do) keep the voters rolls up to date (they don't like to do it in an election year.

When they did - the removed 100,000 names.

Capture.JPG

Trump lost by 11,779 votes. If even one tenth of those removed five months after the election, it would changed the results. Wouldn't you be wondering if any of the names voted?

Upvote 0