Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
Certainly lots to think about. But I see Peter as between a rock and a hard place when it came to mixing Jews and Gentiles. He was fine to eat with the Gentiles, but did not want to offend the Jews when they came. That is how I picture it. Besides, Paul only tells his side of it, and nothing of Peter's explanation, which I bet he had. If you think Peter showed partiality, I think Paul showed unjust arrogance, especially when he also coddled to the Jews, even circumcising Timothy. Ouch!

Well, they were trying to win Jews. In fact, that's a very good comparison to make. Peter was afraid of offending the Jews he was hanging out with. But, the problem with what he was doing is that when he wasn't around the Jews, he was hanging out with Gentiles and pretending that he was their friend and living just like them, eating "unclean" things.

What Paul and Timothy were doing were establishing credentials of a sort. Since Paul knew that circumcision had no bearing on the gospel, he had Timothy become circumcised so that they could preach without anything getting in the way of their preaching right off the bat. He was consistent in teaching that the law was obsolete. He just didn't want to ruin his chances at getting in front of them. No hypocrisy there, it was done out of love.

And both of them had the Holy Spirit. Both men through God's power raised people from the dead and how is it that Peter needs Paul to tell him he's being a hypocrite? That is so weird to me. He was given the keys to the kingdom. He unlocked it for both Jews and Gentiles and still seems a bit dense.

On the day of Pentecost he preached that the gospel was also promised to Gentiles. "For the promise is to you and your children and those afar off." That phrase "afar off" is referring to Gentiles but he didn't even understand it when he said it. When he was sent to Cornelius, he only realized that the Gentiles were included when Cornelius and his family started speaking in tongues.... That just goes to show that a person could resist or misunderstand what the Holy Spirit delivered even when it was through their own mouth.

As far as A and S, I find it interesting they weren't allowed to repent.

Well they conspired together to lie. They were given a chance to repent. Peter gave them an opportunity to tell the truth and instead of fessing up, both were obstinate in continuing to lie. Saphira, instead of covering for Ananias could have had a conscience and said, "Well, no we sold it for this much. I'm sorry we conspired to do this thing."

They were obstinate and would have held on to that lie and likely many more.

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Think of the Ten Commandments. Could you break one of them and not know it? No. They would all take your will. So tell me. If we broke one of those last 6 commandments, are they already forgiven without repentance?
Well, since Jesus draws the line at the heart's motives, the bar is much higher than breaking the commandments by our actions. Certainly, we can have the wrong motives without realizing it, by not fully depending on God. But, when does God forgive us? Did you ever notice that the prodigal son was forgiven before he even repented? Or that Jesus forgave the women caught in adultery, even though there is no record of her confessing her sin?
Of course we should confess whenever we are aware of our sin. But God is not waiting to disown us the moment we mess up. If that were the case, no one would be saved.
"24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

Are we constantly passing from life back into death whenever we have imperfections? Can you become God's child and become an orphan again by not obeying him perfectly?
12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.…
Do you become unborn every time you fail to live up to God's holiness?
That's beyond silly. We can rest in Christ's righteousness, not our own.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I thank God that any of my goodness, or righteousness, or lack or absence of evil or wickedness within me, etc, good works, etc, was not at all in any way ever because of me, and I thank God that I am fully aware of that now, and fully know that now, etc, and I thank God all of the time and every single day daily for all that He did and does for me, and will do so for the rest of my life now daily, etc...

I thank God for all of that and all of that all of the time...

And for bringing me to where I am now, and still all in one piece and without any permanent lasting (or everlasting) damage, etc, I thank Him all of the time and always for that and all of that forever and always, etc...

And you can't, or don't feel, or can't say the same, then I feel very, very sorry for you... But will pray for you that you will be able to one day or someday, (be able to say or think or know or come to the realization of the same) etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I never wanted to be my own Savior anyway, etc...

So glad He stepped in and did it for me, etc, saved me from myself and my own will/ways, effort/efforts/strength, etc, forever and always eternally grateful always...

Thank you so very, very much Lord... I Love you Lord!

Always and forever eternally yours and forever yours Lord...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
That just shows that they were "imperfect"....

And not their ideas or words, or the truth about all of their divine revelations should be discredited or not fully believed as being all God inspired or as not all being completely correct and/or fully accurate in any way whatsoever, or as not all coming directly from the Holy Spirit of God, or God the Spirit in any way whatsoever, etc...

It just goes to show, and proves, God will use, and even mightily use sometimes, even sometimes mightily imperfect people sometimes, regardless or irregardless, etc...

I wouldn't dare try to discredit or deny any of their revelations in any way at all, "ever at all" though, due to that or because of that ever, or ever at all though...

Anyway,

God Bless!

I wouldn't either when he is writing under the Spirit. But he has said himself, that sometimes he writes his own opinions that are not inspired. Can you tell them apart? I can.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
And I would ask you this @CharismaticLady, since I've had some prior dealings with you and know you think you don't ever sin anymore, etc, anyway, do you ever think or judge yourself better or more righteous than them or those "actual apostles" cause you say you don't ever make mistakes like that, or like they did now anymore, or don't ever sin anymore again ever, etc...?

Now you are just lying because I've explained this before, so you KNOW the truth about me, but for some reason, choose to be an enemy.

So, for those listening to you, I have said I don't 'willfully' commit sins of lawlessness (sins unto death), as in 1 John 3:4, and confirmed in verses 5 - 9. I hope you don't either. But I certainly did for 30 years before becoming filled with the Holy Spirit and born again (verse 9).

And now, yes, I sin, but they are the other type of sin of the two in 1 John 5:16-17, the sins not unto death. These are called trespasses (Leviticus 5:15) that are unintentionally committed and are automatically cleansed as we walk in the Spirit, and do the condition for forgiveness - forgiving each other our trespasses against each other. Matthew 6:14-15, 1 John 1:7b.

Now, @Neogaia777 , behave yourself. Don't make me come over there! ;)

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
But, the problem with what he was doing is that when he wasn't around the Jews, he was hanging out with Gentiles and pretending that he was their friend and living just like them, eating "unclean" things.

Oh my, Peter was not 'pretending'! That is an outrageous thing to accuse. Both he and Barnabas, and even Paul admits, that "when in Rome, do as the Romans do" to win them to Christ.

1 Corinthians 9:
19 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; 20 and to the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews; to those who are under the law, as under the law, that I might win those who are under the law; 21 to those who are without law, as without law (not being without law toward God, but under law toward Christ), that I might win those who are without law; 22 to the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well they conspired together to lie. They were given a chance to repent. Peter gave them an opportunity to tell the truth and instead of fessing up, both were obstinate in continuing to lie. Saphira, instead of covering for Ananias could have had a conscience and said, "Well, no we sold it for this much. I'm sorry we conspired to do this thing."

Re: Ananias and Sapphira

Yes, but there are many today that hold on to lies to protect themselves.

I wanted to ask you if you thought they will still be in heaven? I don't.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Now you are just lying because I've explained this before, so you KNOW the truth about me, but for some reason, choose to be an enemy.

So, for those listening to you, I have said I don't 'willfully' commit sins of lawlessness (sins unto death), as in 1 John 3:4, and confirmed in verses 5 - 9. I hope you don't either. But I certainly did for 30 years before becoming filled with the Holy Spirit and born again (verse 9).

And now, yes, I sin, but they are the other type of sin of the two in 1 John 5:16-17, the sins not unto death. These are called trespasses (Leviticus 5:15) that are unintentionally committed and are automatically cleansed as we walk in the Spirit, and do the condition for forgiveness - forgiving each other our trespasses against each other. Matthew 6:14-15, 1 John 1:7b.

Now, @Neogaia777 , behave yourself. Don't make me come over there! ;)
Let's just say I don't like it when someone goes after one or more or the beloved Apostles or Disciples, so I just 100% sincerely and truly hope that is not what you were doing, etc, or "I" will have to "come over there", etc, as I get a little bit defensive and protective when it comes to them, etc, K...

I just hope I have you wrong and that's not what you were actually doing or were intending to do, etc...?

Anyway, I'll try to "behave myself" if you just be a little more careful with your comments, OK...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Let's just say I don't like it when someone goes after one or more or the beloved Apostles or Disciples, so I just 100% sincerely and truly hope that is not what you were doing, etc, or "I" will have to "come over there", etc, as I get a little bit defensive and protective when it comes to them, etc, K...

I just hope I have you wrong and that's not what you were actually doing or were intending to do, etc...?

Anyway, I'll try to "behave myself" if you just be a little more careful with your comments, OK...?

God Bless!

And I'm protective of Peter. Even when it is Paul doing the accusing. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I wouldn't either when he is writing under the Spirit. But he has said himself, that sometimes he writes his own opinions that are not inspired. Can you tell them apart? I can.
He says when it's His own opinions very clearly and most all of the time and in almost every single instance or circumstance that that happens or before he even says anything, nearly all and every single time, etc, and that didn't happen all that often either in his letters either, etc...

And "you" "do know that", don't you...? That most of the great majority of the time he was speaking for God and was giving only God's own opinions and/or takes on things and not only just his own only, etc.

You know that don't you...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
And I'm protective of Peter. Even when it is Paul doing the accusing. ;)
Yeah but are you protective of both Peter and Paul equally, etc...

Cause if not, your showing partiality, or AKA, "sin", or are "sinning", etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, since Jesus draws the line at the heart's motives, the bar is much higher than breaking the commandments by our actions. Certainly, we can have the wrong motives without realizing it, by not fully depending on God. But, when does God forgive us? Did you ever notice that the prodigal son was forgiven before he even repented? Or that Jesus forgave the women caught in adultery, even though there is no record of her confessing her sin?
Of course we should confess whenever we are aware of our sin. But God is not waiting to disown us the moment we mess up. If that were the case, no one would be saved.
"24 Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life."

Are we constantly passing from life back into death whenever we have imperfections? Can you become God's child and become an orphan again by not obeying him perfectly?
12But to all who did receive Him, to those who believed in His name, He gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of blood, nor of the desire or will of man, but born of God.…
Do you become unborn every time you fail to live up to God's holiness?
That's beyond silly. We can rest in Christ's righteousness, not our own.

How does Peter's words line up with what you are saying.

18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error. 19 While they promise them liberty, they themselves are slaves of corruption; for by whom a person is overcome, by him also he is brought into bondage. 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yeah but are you protective of both Peter and Paul equally, etc...

Cause if not, your showing partiality, or AKA, "sin", or are "sinning", etc...

God Bless!
:p

• Friendly
Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
He says when it's His own opinions very clearly and most all of the time and in almost every single instance or circumstance that that happens or before he even says anything, nearly all and every single time, etc, and that didn't happen all that often either in his letters either, etc...

And "you" "do know that", don't you...? That most of the great majority of the time he was speaking for God and was giving only God's own opinions and/or takes on things and not only just his own only, etc.

You know that don't you...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Yes, most of the time, but I can tell by his wording when it is his own opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, most of the time, but I can tell by his wording when it is his own opinion.
Really, you can huh...?

You can just "tell" when it's just his own opinion only, even when he doesn't specifically say it's his own opinion, but claims to be speaking for and with and to and by God, etc...?

You can just "tell" huh...?

How is that not calling him a "liar"...? Or else calling the Holy Spirit a liar, etc...?

Would it not be much more truthful and much more honest and accurate to say that you just simply have trouble reconciling his God inspired words with others God inspired words sometimes, or am I just wrong about that maybe, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Really, you can huh...?

You can just "tell" when it's just his own opinion only, even when he doesn't specifically say it's his own opinion, but claims to be speaking for and with and to and by God, etc...?

How is that not calling him a "liar"...? Or else calling the Holy Spirit a liar, etc...?

Would it not be much more truthful and much more honest and accurate to say that you just simply have trouble reconciling his God inspired words with others God inspired words sometimes, or am I just wrong about that maybe, etc...?

Anyway,

God Bless!
Anyway, "Don't make me come over there" @CharismaticLady.

Lol.

God Bless!

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Really, you can huh...?

Anyway,

God Bless!

Are you one of those who believes a woman should never cut her hair, never dress up, never braid her hair? Never wear jewelry, not even a wedding band? Always wear a hat to church (I kinda like that idea. Why did Catholics stop doing that???) Never teach when a man is present? And a man cannot wear a baseball cap or any other kind of head covering? Nor have long hair?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Are you one of those who believes a woman should never cut her hair, never dress up, never braid her hair? Never wear jewelry, not even a wedding band? Always wear a hat to church (I kinda like that idea. Why did Catholics stop doing that???) And a man cannot wear a baseball cap or any other kind of head covering? Nor have long hair?
Those were God's words and/commands and/or opinions for them in that day and culture and age that they were in and belonged to at that time, it would be exceedingly difficult to tell everyone back then how that culture would change into the future or all the way up into our times and our days and culture today back then while they were still in the culture of that day, etc. But that/this is also where we must "discern" the Spirit's "true intentions" behind it/them as well, and without going into a whole heck of a lot of detail, I still think there are a lot of "very vital principles" we can still discern and/or learn from the Spirit's true intentions behind them back then to now apply to now and our cultures today, etc. Like modesty and to be moderate in our ways, etc, respectful and have self respect, for ourselves and each other, especially in church, etc, not be overly lavish or flamboyant or boisterous in certain ways, etc, and "other things" also, etc...

But that does not mean that it was only Paul's own opinion by any means, but it was the actual Holy Spirits direct words and/or rules and/or commands for them during and for that day and age and culture, and day and time and age, etc...

To say they were not the Holy Spirits direct words and/or commands for that day and age and culture and time, etc, is to call both Him (The Holy Spirit) and Paul a "liar", etc...

Anyway,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,192,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The "Secure in One's Grievous Sin Salvationist" will say that Ananias and Sapphira were either never saved, or that they were killed so as to be taken to Heaven because they were no longer useful to God on the Earth anymore on the account of their sin. It's ridiculous the lengths they will go to explain away what clearly happened. The truth is that they were once saved, and then they fell away from the faith via by their sin. For a great fear fell upon the church when they heard about their deaths. Fear only makes sense in this situation if the church knew that they could also be judged by God in a similar way by another related sin (that was highly offensive in God's eyes).

Upvote 0