• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Featured True saving faith is proven by passing all of these TESTS

Discussion in 'Controversial Christian Theology' started by BCsenior, Jan 22, 2020.

1. SkyWriting

SkyWriting The Librarian Supporter

+6,746
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others

Salvation is a free gift. Perhaps a girl you knew had strings attached to her gifts.
    God is not like that.

Romans 6:23
    For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ephesians 2:8-9
    For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.

2. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,459
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I am the righteousness of God in Christ. I am a new creation in Christ. I am born again of an imperishable seed. I died and my life is hidden in Christ with God. I am crucified with Christ and it is no longer I that lives. The life that I live in this physical body is by the faith of the Son of God. I am redeemed by the blood of the Lamb. I am seated in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus. Lord Jesus is my Life. That is just for starters. All that became true the instant I was born again. It is of God that I am in Christ Jesus. No one can pluck me out of His hand.

You are not my judge and I am exceedingly grateful for that. If you think that your righteousness saves you, I have news for you. God calls it filthy rags.

My problem with your attitude is the lack of real knowing what salvation is. You quote scriptures to suit your own preconceived notions and ignore what does not fit. It does not bother me because I know whom I have believed. My concern is for those who are less established in their Christian lives. They need encouragement, not a Bible verse beating up.

Hebrews exhorts Christians to fix our eyes on Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith. You attempt to bully people into unproductive introspection. I suppose you do not intend to do that, but that is the end result for a lot of people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. Guojing

Guojing Well-Known Member

+415
    Singapore
    Christian
    Married
    So you regard Salvation based on the Good Place?

4. savedthroughgrace

savedthroughgrace Member

+64
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    So, we can:
    1) be perfect and sinless after accepting Christ (which I've seen people claim to be on these forums) and receive our salvation

2) do our best to obey the Lord and when we screw up (which we will) admit our screw ups, truly try to do better, no longer live life of sin (meaning: you may still sin but it's not a way of life) and maintain salvation/fellowship with God

Or 3) Do and say whatever we please because we believe and have faith that he will forgive.

Romans 6:1-4
    What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life.

5. dad

dad Undefeated! Supporter

+1,221
    Canada
    Christian
    Private
    I see you have a theme in various threads. I call it a works trip. I would suggest that there is no saving faith. Faith in Jesus is saving faith. I would say tests are for our benefit, to make us better, like gold in a fire.

6. savedthroughgrace

savedthroughgrace Member

+64
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    James 2:26
    For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

I don't wish to speak for BCsenior...but I find the dangerous part of saying "Faith alone, don't worry about works" is that we are given command of how to live our life. Wouldn't you rather err on the side of obedience? Not because you can earn your way to heaven but because you Love God and want to please him?

In regards to limiting commandments into the two Jesus taught:
    Love God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength
    Love your neighbour
    -if one commits a sin it is not showing love in one category, the other, or both. Therefore we break the greatest commands almost daily, whether outwardly or in our hearts/mind.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020
  7. Daniel9v9

Daniel9v9

+989
    Japan
    Lutheran
    Married
    Justifying faith does not mean obedience but trust. That is, we trust in God's grace - in the person and works of our Lord Jesus Christ - and so, salvation, from beginning to end, is a gift from God. And we are sanctified by the Holy Spirit, which brings about obedience (love for God and for neighbour). Obedience, then, is the fruit of faith, not the cause nor the sustainer of faith, for that would mean that we are saved by the works of the law, but we are saved by grace.

8. Christ is Lord

Christ is Lord Well-Known Member

+399
    Virgin Islands, British
    Christian
    Single
    Legalism at its finest. I do believe the fruit of being born again is to please our Heavenly Father by doing what he says. However, once we’ve been truly born again we can never be separated from him. That doesn’t give us a license to sin. I love this quote:

AB186D01-200A-4E4D-866C-0A4EDB51584E.png

9. misput

misput jimd

+141
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    It is not either or, it is a faith that is made complete by works but the emphasis is on faith because we can never be saved by works alone, neither can we be saved by faith alone because if the faith dose not bring forth works it is not true faith, so Paul and James are saying the same thing but from different perspectives. We are saved by faith that brings forth works. We are not saved by works that bring forth faith. Grace and faith does not give us a license to sin (wrong attitude) but there is never a man lived (except Christ) who did not sin. Anyone who thinks they never sin (except through the blood of Christ) is to not understand what he is. The blood of Christ cleanses us from all sin does not mean we literally never sin, to think it does is to not understand the truth but alas, we shall always have the literal one and the pharisee with us in this life and who knows if God may even save them.

10. Dave L

Dave L Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,872
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    The difference between the saved and the lost is God saves people and they do all of these things in the Spirit according to their new nature. But you suggest the lost must first do all of these things in the flesh to save themselves.

11. SeventyOne

SeventyOne Well-Known Member

+2,959
    United States
    Calvary Chapel
    Married
    I wouldn't trade my judgement for yours for anything. You should really take Galatians 1:8-9 to heart.

12. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,440
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    When you go to write this test.... After you put your name at the top...
    Just write across it...

"Penalty paid in FULL by Jesus Christ"..

Then.. walk in those pearly gates and join all the other believers.

13. ColoRaydo

ColoRaydo Member

+157
    Lutheran
    Married
    Some on this forum will meet God and confidently say, “Here is the list of my accomplishments. I did it for you!”

Some will say, “I truly do not deserve to be here but for the saving blood of your Son. I’m ashamed that I even thought I could meet your perfect standard.”

I already know to which group I belong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. GOD Shines Forth!

GOD Shines Forth! My Weakness for His Strength Supporter

+685
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Private
    "For it is by grace you have been saved through faith, and this not from yourselves; it is the gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."—Ephesians 2

15. savedthroughgrace

savedthroughgrace Member

+64
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    We can't earn our way to heaven. We should still try our best to be obedient. I don't deserve heaven. That's why I need grace. But I am so thankful for that grace that I dont want to take it for granted.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. yeshuaslavejeff

yeshuaslavejeff simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua

+10,908
    Anabaptist
    Who does a child obey - their own parents, or their enemy ?

17. savedthroughgrace

savedthroughgrace Member

+64
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    But someone will say, "You have faith and I have works." Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless? Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness"—and he was called a friend of God. You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.
    James 2:18‭-‬26ESV

18. Blade

Blade Veteran Supporter

+2,196
    Christian
    Married
    Made me smile. To know everything is of by for Him alone. To know the Father sees me through Christ. To know I am righteous simply because I believe in Jesus. Makes me want to bow down and just worship Him. Thanks for sharing this. Blessed me.

19. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+4,459
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced
    I'm glad that you see it. The truth sets us free!

20. JacksBratt

JacksBratt Searching for Truth Supporter

+5,440
    Canada
    Protestant
    Married
    The person showing the "works" must be doing them as a believer... Works alone.... don't save.
    The person showing no works... is still saved.. there is just no proof of it.
    Many people, when looked at through our eyes.... seem like they are doing nothing.. However, for some.. just getting out of bed and going to work is a struggle..

We do not know the demons others face. We know our own.. but who knows all the troubles that you struggle with yourself?