• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

True numeric Verse of the Day

Discussion in 'Bible Verses' started by ChristianForCats, Oct 19, 2019.

1. robinriley

robinriley Member

+43
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    I was also a SUBSAFE certifier ...
    if your boat left the Shipyard, you most certainly got a "visit" from me,
    else you were not certified "Ready for Sea" ...
    I bet your Captain knew who I was ... and regretted it.

2. robinriley

robinriley Member

+43
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    US-Democrat
    You forgot the Co2 Scrubbers and Oxygen Generator ...
    One of my shipmates was killed when a cell in the O2 Generator exploded ...
    We kept his body in cold storage for the rest of the patrol ...

You recall a story by Hemingway ...was somewhere in the snows of Europe,
    the old farmer's wife had died, and he had to keep her in the ice-cold shed out back,
    until Spring, when the ground was soft enough to bury her ... over time, he got to hanging
    his lantern on one of her frozen appendages ... handy handle.

Anyway, my dead shipmate got to be that sort of dark humor for the mess-cooks ...
    who were always going in and out of the cold storage for supplies ... Handly, think his name was!

Shipmates Forever

3. Minister Monardo

Minister Monardo He has His Way In The Whirlwind

+460
    United States
    Christian
    Celibate
    Yeah, we called the O2 gen "the bomb", probably because of your Coen Brothers experience.
    Had a fire in ours once. A gang chief had it out in a minute.
    I just had to open the breaker in Machinery 2 upper level. Then take deep breaths.

4. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats In memory of my cat Daisy, who God loves

+594
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Governor Ron DeSantis stupidly not only was very hesitant to lock down the entire state, but also kept all churches open. Never mind the fact this is Holy Week; most churches are able to live stream services and record them for their congregations to watch online later. Fortunately three counties (including mine) had enough brains to issue local lockdowns, so my sister's three kids were already not going to school and my appointments for a pedicure, mammogram, and dental repairs were canceled. A neurology appointment I was supposed to have last week is postponed, but that was my mom's decision, not mandatory.

Anyway, thank you for replying to this thread. I was worried nobody else was interested. Now it is almost Easter, so I regret not trying to log in a week ago. I forgot the date my account was scheduled to become active again. Oh well, at least I am here now. There are verses that work in isolation. I have seen several websites with a Verse of the Day feature and was thinking about doing that here, but getting cute with all the numbers instead of doing it randomly.

5. ChristianForCats

ChristianForCats In memory of my cat Daisy, who God loves

+594
    United States
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Wow, you two have some interesting experiences to talk about. I have been to Seattle, but had no idea it is a military base.